Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: People who have done LL already: do people treat you differently now?  (Read 5260 times)

FutureLengthener

For all of us who are still thinking about LL, we could use some inspiration...tell us what your starting height and post-LL height were, and give us some stories about how the world treats you differently at your new height (or if it doesn't!)...do women make more double-takes at you? Do people listen and respect you more? Even the smaller things, like whether when you're walking and someone is heading towards you on a collision course, do they step aside for you more? Does confidence come naturally at your new height?

programdude

Re: People who have done LL already: do people treat you differently now?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 12:35:08 AM »

I actually have avoided posting too much about it as I would hate to aggravate peoples height dysphoria, especially those who are unable to afford the operation safely, so don't read on if you are prone to that.

But it feels really great. The way I am regarded, even when blatantly crippled is noticeably different, and my height dysphoria is gone. One of the best feelings is how every girl I have been with since, has noted how I am tall, where before it was simply not something that would happen(except, very ironically, the night before my surgery). The one girl who knew about my surgery even said "I love how big you are" referring to the size of my legs/me in general.

Women commenting that I could play the role of someone like christian grey "because I'm tall" so immediately after the surgery, is almost surreal, as is my old friends and my dad craning their necks up to me, and even the unaware saying "you've grown".

To those wondering if 3 or so inches is really that much.... It is!
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

tallerbetter

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 12:39:27 AM »

So nice, man!

w1988

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 10:22:03 AM »

A few years ago I wore a pair of high-stacked Grenson brogues and a few girls mentioned that i was 'growing'. It then lead to me wearing some elevator shoes which although only gave a true 1-1.5" extra over standard shoes it made a huge difference, definitely received a lot more attention from girls. Eventually I had a custom shoe made to give me the extra 1.5" height but avoid the strange bulky look that all elevator shoes have. The trick is to have contrasting colour between upper and sole, have them use a ladies last but size up for mens, striped stacked sole edges, preferably have the upper made of suede and the rear of the shoe only partially covering bottom ankles.

Now I'm going to get LL soon, and it all started from wearing those damn Grensons :D. Although I'm 5'6" my plan is the LL to 5'9" and then wear the customs to make me 5'10-5'11".

OP, although I haven't had CLL yet if you want to know what it might be like you should try some elevator shoes.
26yo male, 168-169cm current height, 175cm goal and I like short walks on the beach.

FutureLengthener

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 12:56:05 PM »

Wow programdude, I'm impressed with how much LL has helped you. 3 inches really is a lot, especially when it takes you from the lower end of average to the higher side of it(even into the "tall zone" in many women's minds!) You really inspired me, I'd love to be able to tell the forum the same stories as you one day!

Haha w1988, have you seen how on old forum  they call lifts the gateway drug to LL? :p It's true, finding out how the world treats you at a new height can be really eye-opening. The most I've done is insert another shoe's soles into mine...probably only gave 1/16th to 1/4th of an inch realistically, but even then I still can feel the difference and get a confidence boost. Have you looked into 1 or 2 inch wedgelike inserts you could put into any shoe? That might be the safest bet for me because I'm super picky about the style of shoes and afraid elevators would look too conspicuous, even with contrasting colors.

programdude

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 02:27:37 PM »

For those wondering LL is VERY different than lifts. To have your feet faced normally and being able to wear shorts and any shoes without a second thought is already a lot. However add to the fact that YOU know that it is your height and not some crude filler in your shoe which goes a long way. For me, when I was testing my new height with lifts, in some ways I felt even shorter than usual, since I was very aware I was doing something to change my height, and because of the sensation of using lifts is perpetual.

As for helping with the women- its not so much that its helped me in getting them, since I had no issue there, but that there is a reverence that wasn't there previously.
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

YellowSpike

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 02:52:24 PM »

For those wondering LL is VERY different than lifts. To have your feet faced normally and being able to wear shorts and any shoes without a second thought is already a lot. However add to the fact that YOU know that it is your height and not some crude filler in your shoe which goes a long way. For me, when I was testing my new height with lifts, in some ways I felt even shorter than usual, since I was very aware I was doing something to change my height, and because of the sensation of using lifts is perpetual.

As for helping with the women- its not so much that its helped me in getting them, since I had no issue there, but that there is a reverence that wasn't there previously.

I agree with this 100%. I hated wearing lifts/elevator shoes. I felt HORRIBLE about myself at night when they had to come off. I too never had problems with girls (I got girls just fine even at 166/167), but I just didn't feel good about myself. It was to the point that, after taking off the shoes/lifts at night, I would sometimes walk around my apartment (all alone) on semi-tippy toes, as pathetic as that sounds. That's how bad my height disphoria had gotten.

I used to wear elevator shoes (some that would give you around 3 inches - surprisingly, most people didn't even notice I was wearing them), but remember that elevator shoes always give you less height because most people are getting at least an inch from their footwear. It also has to do with the fact that standing on your tip toes (which elevator shoes/lifts essentially make you do, in a way) give you less actual gain in height (even if your heels are 3 inches from the ground, you only actually gain like 60% of that, or something).

Even now just wearing flip flops around my apartment, I actually feel taller than when I used to wear my elevator shoes. And I still have duck-ass (but then again, I just finished lengthening).

programdude

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 03:17:52 PM »

Well, the good news is if you are anything like me, you won't even think about lifts or needing to tip toe around. Even barefoot next to a chick I still feel like I tower over them, even with my hookups who have been real tall for chicks.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 03:34:16 PM »

I agree with this 100%. I hated wearing lifts/elevator shoes. I felt HORRIBLE about myself at night when they had to come off. I too never had problems with girls (I got girls just fine even at 166/167), but I just didn't feel good about myself. It was to the point that, after taking off the shoes/lifts at night, I would sometimes walk around my apartment (all alone) on semi-tippy toes, as pathetic as that sounds. That's how bad my height disphoria had gotten.

I used to wear elevator shoes (some that would give you around 3 inches - surprisingly, most people didn't even notice I was wearing them), but remember that elevator shoes always give you less height because most people are getting at least an inch from their footwear. It also has to do with the fact that standing on your tip toes (which elevator shoes/lifts essentially make you do, in a way) give you less actual gain in height (even if your heels are 3 inches from the ground, you only actually gain like 60% of that, or something).

Even now just wearing flip flops around my apartment, I actually feel taller than when I used to wear my elevator shoes. And I still have duck-ass (but then again, I just finished lengthening).

that's so true. I thought I was imagining it.. with shoes I am 180 cm but I put in 7 cm insoles at times. so I should have been 174+7+2 (shoe height of 2 cm)= 183 cm, but was only 180cm.

if I do 8 cm, do you think my height will be 174+8= 182 without shoes? or does it have that "heels effect"

YellowSpike

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2015, 03:44:16 PM »

Well, the good news is if you are anything like me, you won't even think about lifts or needing to tip toe around. Even barefoot next to a chick I still feel like I tower over them, even with my hookups who have been real tall for chicks.

That's how I feel bro. I feel like I tower over my dad now (I was the same height as him), and in pictures of us, I'm very noticeably taller. It's amazing the difference that 6.75cm has made. The coolest experience so far (even still on crutches and with duck-ass taking away some visual height)...there's a girl in my local coffee shop who I know has had a crush on me for a long time. I just got back home two weeks ago, and I saw her (but she didn't see me). I'm not attracted to her, so the point is moot...but she used to TOWER over me (or at least, it sure felt like she did). I walked right by her, and I was almost the same height as her (she's like 5'8 or 5'9, very tall for a girl). I was just wearing regular sneakers (no lifts), and duck ass, and that still felt totally awesome.

My God, I can't wait to remove the crutches and duck ass so I can REALLY start enjoying the new height. Just walking around now, even on crutches, I feel very average (comparing against men that pass me by)...and taller than almost all women I see. And that's really all I ever wanted. I've hooked up with many taller women too, and even ones that were just a bit taller than I used to be, it felt like they towered over (I've been with many 5'7"isn women when I was in the 5'5-5'6 range). So glad those days are over.

YellowSpike

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2015, 03:48:32 PM »

that's so true. I thought I was imagining it.. with shoes I am 180 cm but I put in 7 cm insoles at times. so I should have been 174+7+2 (shoe height of 2 cm)= 183 cm, but was only 180cm.

if I do 8 cm, do you think my height will be 174+8= 182 without shoes? or does it have that "heels effect"

I think we gain almost all of the height we get from LL, apparently minus a little depending on the angle of our tibias and/or femurs. I know for me, I used to be bow legged. I vividly remember before LL standing in the mirror and "fixing" my bowlegs, and it would give me like a small increase in height. So I don't know how much this applies to me (I heard you minus .5cm from what you lengthen to get your true gain, depending on the angle of your femurs).

But I feel so much taller, so I'm not worrying about it. I even saw my boss (also used to be my previous height), and I felt like I towered over him (we were both in regular sneakers). It was scary...and f*cking awesome.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2015, 04:22:48 PM »

I think we gain almost all of the height we get from LL, apparently minus a little depending on the angle of our tibias and/or femurs. I know for me, I used to be bow legged. I vividly remember before LL standing in the mirror and "fixing" my bowlegs, and it would give me like a small increase in height. So I don't know how much this applies to me (I heard you minus .5cm from what you lengthen to get your true gain, depending on the angle of your femurs).

But I feel so much taller, so I'm not worrying about it. I even saw my boss (also used to be my previous height), and I felt like I towered over him (we were both in regular sneakers). It was scary...and f*cking awesome.

I know right.. 6 cm is a  big difference
when I stand up straight now on the walker, 5 cm is so much taller.... my surroundings are smaller..
I cant wait to get to 7-8 cm. must be sick
I heard your tibia gain is your actual gain..if ur not bow leg... and im not.. but  yeah femurs you lose some due to angulation

ItsMyLife

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2015, 04:25:27 PM »

That's how I feel bro. I feel like I tower over my dad now (I was the same height as him), and in pictures of us, I'm very noticeably taller. It's amazing the difference that 6.75cm has made. The coolest experience so far (even still on crutches and with duck-ass taking away some visual height)...there's a girl in my local coffee shop who I know has had a crush on me for a long time. I just got back home two weeks ago, and I saw her (but she didn't see me). I'm not attracted to her, so the point is moot...but she used to TOWER over me (or at least, it sure felt like she did). I walked right by her, and I was almost the same height as her (she's like 5'8 or 5'9, very tall for a girl). I was just wearing regular sneakers (no lifts), and duck ass, and that still felt totally awesome.

My God, I can't wait to remove the crutches and duck ass so I can REALLY start enjoying the new height. Just walking around now, even on crutches, I feel very average (comparing against men that pass me by)...and taller than almost all women I see. And that's really all I ever wanted. I've hooked up with many taller women too, and even ones that were just a bit taller than I used to be, it felt like they towered over (I've been with many 5'7"isn women when I was in the 5'5-5'6 range). So glad those days are over.
where are you from? America? yeah your height is pretty close to average in many places
I know right.. I was 174 cm and those guys who are 170 seem so short.. its amazing what 4 cm height difference feels like..
I've this thing that if someone is taller than me a few cm, I still feel like im same height as them until I see their reflection in the mirror with me..

YellowSpike

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2015, 06:47:01 PM »

where are you from? America? yeah your height is pretty close to average in many places
I know right.. I was 174 cm and those guys who are 170 seem so short.. its amazing what 4 cm height difference feels like..
I've this thing that if someone is taller than me a few cm, I still feel like im same height as them until I see their reflection in the mirror with me..

Yeah I'm American. I feel pretty average now, even though I know I'm still under average. I just don't feel like I stick out like a sore thumb anymore.

w1988

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2015, 07:41:14 PM »

Have you looked into 1 or 2 inch wedgelike inserts you could put into any shoe? That might be the safest bet for me because I'm super picky about the style of shoes and afraid elevators would look too conspicuous, even with contrasting colors.

I'm also very picky about shoes, and the shoes that work great with wedges/lift usually look ugly and those elevator shoes look so massive & bulky — they look fine in the picture but once you wear them and look in the mirror they look like snow boots or space shoes.

Those 1-1.5" lift inserts squash down to about 50% of their height and you only end up with maybe 1.5cm true gain, also anything more than 4cm will feel very uncomfortable. It's really only sneakers that work well with it, if you try to use them on ankle boots or formal shoes you will realise why shoe lifts are only really available online. If you're using wedge inserts though the best shoe would be Nike AF1 low.

For those wondering LL is VERY different than lifts.

No crap bro :D. At the moment I wear my lifts the moment I dress up in the morning right up to the moment I get into bed. I even have room slipper lifts (modified ralph lauren room slippers, took to my tailor to insert a full length wedge sole under the lining). We all want CLL so we no longer have to wear these damn lifts. At least after I get CLL then the lifts will be a choice rather than someone that I feel I need to wear. All this over 2.5cm faux lift, I can't imagine what 7cm CLL would be like!

I've been wearing for at least 2 years, everyday, and wouldn't be caught dead outside without them. To me CLL is the answer.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 08:09:15 PM by w1988 »
26yo male, 168-169cm current height, 175cm goal and I like short walks on the beach.

w1988

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2015, 07:58:44 PM »

It also has to do with the fact that standing on your tip toes (which elevator shoes/lifts essentially make you do, in a way) give you less actual gain in height (even if your heels are 3 inches from the ground, you only actually gain like 60% of that, or something).

I haven't noticed much of a loss, it lifts 3" off the ground and makes me almost 3" taller compared to standard shoes which would be 1-1.5". It does make my butt look better. Hopefully as others have said after CLL I may even not bother with the lifts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up