Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What is your MAIN(most important + substantial) motivation for doing LL?

Career (buiness world eg directorship, job requires me to fly to taller countries)
Career (modeling/acting/theatre/other entertainment)
Career (height requirements, eg, police officer, army, etc)
Career (sports)
Career (military or uniformed groups)
Career (legal/paralegal)
Career (medical/paramedical)
Career (none of the above fields)
So as not to feel inferior/weak amongst taller friends and/or relatives
To increase my dating pool and so that people will be more attracted (gay/lesbian)
To increase my dating pool and so that people will be more attracted (straight guys/girls)
To look better, and this is all for myself
For my girlfriend/wife/date (or insert 'X' specific lover, male or female)
Because I've everything going for me and I can't think of anything else to improve
I do not know.
Another factor not listed above (please reply to this thread)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your motivation for doing LL?  (Read 5524 times)

ItsMyLife

Your motivation for doing LL?
« on: February 17, 2015, 06:26:38 PM »

given that this surgery is so uncommon, I am curious what is the primary motivation and whether it tallies with mine.
(sorry you can only choose one option)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 08:08:50 PM by ItsMyLife »

ReadRothbard

Re: Your motivation for doing LL?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 07:34:32 PM »

It is basically the only thing I'm not fully satisfied with myself about; on everything else, I am at least going where I want to be.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

FutureLengthener

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 07:56:19 PM »

Just a heads up, it looks like I was only able to vote once, not sure what's wrong.

My main reason for wanting LL/spine lengthening is love. Though I can definitely get by at the height I am (5'7) more height can definitely open more doors. I don't mind dating a woman that is my height or up to 4 or 5 inches taller--but each inch I get puts me above more women, makes me equal to ones I used to be shorter than, and narrows the gap between ones that are still taller than me. Interestingly, the taller women get, the less they care about finding a guy that is substantially taller then them.

Second is business/career. I ultimately wanna start my own business, but right after I finish college I might get a job with the government in either bank regulation or law enforcement. In both of those fields, height gets you instant respect; and the lack of it would require compensation. And compensating can often backfire on you. That's what it comes down to overall; I could be a great guy overall--money, a nice home, a fit body, well read and traveled, but the better a person I try to be as a short guy, the more it looks to some people like I'm just an insecure "manlet" compensating for a deficit. LL is the only way to remove that deficit!

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 08:11:44 PM »

So I could buy clothes that fit me, in styles I want.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 08:12:10 PM »

Just a heads up, it looks like I was only able to vote once, not sure what's wrong.

My main reason for wanting LL/spine lengthening is love. Though I can definitely get by at the height I am (5'7) more height can definitely open more doors. I don't mind dating a woman that is my height or up to 4 or 5 inches taller--but each inch I get puts me above more women, makes me equal to ones I used to be shorter than, and narrows the gap between ones that are still taller than me. Interestingly, the taller women get, the less they care about finding a guy that is substantially taller then them.

Second is business/career. I ultimately wanna start my own business, but right after I finish college I might get a job with the government in either bank regulation or law enforcement. In both of those fields, height gets you instant respect; and the lack of it would require compensation. And compensating can often backfire on you. That's what it comes down to overall; I could be a great guy overall--money, a nice home, a fit body, well read and traveled, but the better a person I try to be as a short guy, the more it looks to some people like I'm just an insecure "manlet" compensating for a deficit. LL is the only way to remove that deficit!

sorry I tried to allow users to vote thrice but I can't make it work. so yeah, I changed it to the MAIN single reason :)
yes, it is weird that girls who are tall, they do not mind guys who are short (I would think they would mind more); perhaps they are insecure themselves about their (excessive) height.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 08:13:12 PM »

So I could buy clothes that fit me, in styles I want.

Isn't it more difficult sometimes during festive seasons to buy clothes that are for "average" people/teenagers? eg, for me I had trouble finding 29" jeans, or 28". All sold out. But I would think at your starting height 170cm there are less clothes choices

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 02:07:33 AM »

I want to juice up all aspects of my life (dating,money,mirror approval, etc...) Also the most common reason is that I have ruined moments because of the manlet behavior and when it doesn't work I enter second mode and I perform poorly in my life with little desire because I know it will be another fail again. If I was average height I would be able to open up more in a less synthetic way.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 04:56:42 AM »

I want to juice up all aspects of my life (dating,money,mirror approval, etc...) Also the most common reason is that I have ruined moments because of the manlet behavior and when it doesn't work I enter second mode and I perform poorly in my life with little desire because I know it will be another fail again. If I was average height I would be able to open up more in a less synthetic way.

I also did this because of multi-factorial reasons... First I am happy with myself but feel that this is one of the few things that I can really improve on myself. Second, I wanna improve my dating life. Third, I have taller friends and I also feel shorter on the basketball court. Fourth, I thought might be helpful for career.

Psychologically speaking, the best reason to do LL is for yourself, and not for others (eg, dating circle, job, etc)! An ideal LL patient has good self esteem, and wants to improve for himself. Research this out. This is the same idea for cosmetic surgery.

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 05:01:27 AM »

Yes please tell me all I have to say/tell the surgeon to convince him, I don't want to lose my chance and the money paid for evaluation.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 05:52:28 AM »

Yes please tell me all I have to say/tell the surgeon to convince him, I don't want to lose my chance and the money paid for evaluation.

Im a medical student not a psych undergrad but I took psych and counselling modules.  Which doc are u going to? I hope this helps:

1. I have a healthy self-esteem. I just want to improve my height for myself, not for others.2. Life is going well for me and I just think it might improve further with the added height.
3. I am alright and accept my height, but I have always wanted to be taller. this is not a fad.

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2015, 06:00:40 AM »

Im a medical student not a psych undergrad but I took psych and counselling modules.  Which doc are u going to? I hope this helps:

1. I have a healthy self-esteem. I just want to improve my height for myself, not for others.2. Life is going well for me and I just think it might improve further with the added height.
3. I am alright and accept my height, but I have always wanted to be taller. this is not a fad.

Paley. And I actually feel that, I accept myself but I feel people don't feel the same way about me.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 06:13:40 AM »

Paley. And I actually feel that, I accept myself but I feel people don't feel the same way about me.

that's not psychologically healthy. but paley does his evaluations himself and I don't think he will turn u away, as business is more important to him, I would think. The psych evaluation is probably just defensive medicine (read it up).
But if your height is really low, then probably, it might be normal to think that people do not accept/appreciate you because of your height.

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 06:29:06 AM »

that's not psychologically healthy. but paley does his evaluations himself and I don't think he will turn u away, as business is more important to him, I would think. The psych evaluation is probably just defensive medicine (read it up).
But if your height is really low, then probably, it might be normal to think that people do not accept/appreciate you because of your height.

I don't think though, I have certainty of what people think of me specially the ones I see as potential mates. I was taught to treat people super nice so if they really don't like me it has to be height related, I never start fights or argue with people at all.

endomorphisme

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 01:41:45 PM »

For everything you mentioned in your poll, but especially because I feel a bit too short among white young men

ItsMyLife

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2015, 03:35:58 PM »

I don't think though, I have certainty of what people think of me specially the ones I see as potential mates. I was taught to treat people super nice so if they really don't like me it has to be height related, I never start fights or argue with people at all.
Well In my country I hear the discrimination starts below 165 (7 cms below the official average).
So if you are 7 cm below your country's average height, or more, I think it might well be height-related.
Even if you are slightly below average, there might be height-related discrimination/bias. It may even be psychological - because of your height you aren't as confident, and so less sociable and likeable.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 03:43:06 PM »

For everything you mentioned in your poll, but especially because I feel a bit too short among white young men

you mean you are bisexual?
Pages: [1]   Go Up