Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: If You Knew Then, What You Know Now, Would You LL?  (Read 5912 times)

Bohemia

If You Knew Then, What You Know Now, Would You LL?
« on: January 30, 2015, 08:18:16 PM »

To anyone whom underwent the treatment already, if you transplanted back in time, would you still undergo it, considering what you know about it now?

If yes, would you do it the same way, or what would you do differently?

If no, why?
Dr. Alex Monegal / Barcelona, Spain / Femurs 8cm / Implanted August 25, 2015 / Removed February 21, 2018

afonso

Re: If You Knew Then, What You Know Now, Would You LL?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 05:01:45 AM »

Yes would do it again in a heart beat and I'm still not walking.  I did Precice II don't like that it isn't completely weight bearing but if I was going to do it again might consider Betz or Guichet nails because they are full weight bearing but the clicking hurts and I know I would be constantly clicking by accident.  That would drive me crazy.  So most likely would do Precice II again. 

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 01:53:57 PM »

I would surely do it again and I'm looking forward to a second LL sometime in the distant future to put me at 5'10 (178 cm). But I would need at least 6 months to do it, which is why I'll probably do it before I get an MBA.

YellowSpike

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 05:20:39 PM »

To anyone whom underwent the treatment already, if you transplanted back in time, would you still undergo it, considering what you know about it now?

If yes, would you do it the same way, or what would you do differently?

If no, why?

The only thing I would have done differently at this point would have been to start the pre-op training on my own and improve my Cybex test results (aka Dr. Guichet's "red tape") that way instead of wasting a month. Because now I'm forced to be working from home and will probably have to return to my office not fully recovered yet, which is not ideal. But it is what it is. This too shall pass.

Sweden

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 08:44:58 PM »

Yes I would do it.

But I would have stood up every day and try to prevent x-legs the best I possibly could.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Joel

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 12:01:56 AM »

I would surely do it again and I'm looking forward to a second LL sometime in the distant future to put me at 5'10 (178 cm). But I would need at least 6 months to do it, which is why I'll probably do it before I get an MBA.
Haha I am considering doing my MBA online during LL
5'5 manlet of peace

Bohemia

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 10:08:24 PM »

Thank you for the affirmations.

It does give moral support that many—all of you who replied—said you would do it again!
Dr. Alex Monegal / Barcelona, Spain / Femurs 8cm / Implanted August 25, 2015 / Removed February 21, 2018

programdude

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 10:44:30 PM »

Bring a friend to help with stretches and all. Thats the main one.

In a couple months I'll be able to give more info on if I'd have lengthened slightly less etc.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

greatheight

• Newbi
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 11:08:43 PM »

read the other thread about this started by spaller with a good post by muscmaker

tx1111

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2015, 06:39:53 AM »

Post op there was a week of constant pain and being bed ridden so I had to   in bedpan and have a hot nurse take it away for me. Ive been independent my whole life and have never been humiliated or useless like that before. During that week there were times I remember thinking"its strange how despite this bull  I do not regret getting the surgery done". If anything I am glad the thought of backing out never entered my mind.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2015, 07:08:26 AM »

If I knew it would take a full year before I could take these things off I might have chosen LON instead. As it is now, maybe it's better in the long run doing exfix only.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

tx1111

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2015, 07:33:42 AM »

If I knew it would take a full year before I could take these things off I might have chosen LON instead. As it is now, maybe it's better in the long run doing exfix only.

From what I have been told, it is more safer to do exfix only. Less invasive and can be adjusted for correction as needed as well as fully weight bearing.
I am doing LON myself and sometimes I ask myself "should I just have manned up and gone with externals only?".
Its not like being crippled with nails only in consolidation will allow me to enjoy Russia more. I will still have to put all my focus and energy on training and recovery.

I have to go back and read your journal but why is it that you are still in frames a year post op?
Due to complications, alot of lengthening or did you not workout enough?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 08:31:49 AM »

My surgeon told me that he doesn't like to remove the frames until he sees the regenerate is solid enough in 3 out of 4 sides of the bone. He believes the risk of re-fracture or bone bending is too high with exfix only if you take it off before then.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

tx1111

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2015, 09:18:07 AM »

o ok It doesnt hurt to be cautious.
Better than him saying   "it should be fine just take em off, wearing frames suck".

crimsontide

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2015, 10:21:39 AM »

its better to do lon

knee pain is minimal, and knee pain is really the only thing to worry about. i have to get my left leg fixed, and given the option of  nail or gradual with exfix, one of the best drs in the world told me a con to frames is that theres always a possibility of the bone bending again after the frames come off. with nailing, thats not gonna happen. there are so many negatives to exfix that I won't even go into them

I'd recommend anyone doing this to skip the idea of exfix even if lon costs a bit more

YellowSpike

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 02:16:40 PM »

I only wish I would have done LL sooner, to be honest. Yeah, it costs an arm and two legs (get it?), it's painful, it's arduous, it's long...but man, the height increase is worth it (especially if you're objectively short).

I'm still recovering now (walking is still a bit funny), but I intend to do a second round to max out the Gnail at some point - I guess I'm a glutton for punishment!

alps

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2015, 03:38:11 PM »

Yeah, it costs an arm and two legs (get it?)

no  ???

YellowSpike

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2015, 04:10:40 PM »

lol meaning that your two legs are going to be in a LOT of pain throughout the process.

But the funny thing about pain - as BAD as the pain was (and it was terrible, at least for me)...you get through it. And after you get through it...you kinda forget about it.

Not keen on having to do it again, but Dr. G said the pain will be significantly reduced for round 2 (since the rods are already in there, and I'm only doing an inch more to max the nail out).

programdude

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2015, 06:02:50 PM »

Also I'd probably say from what I've noticed post LL- I'd be even more inclined to do it if I knew what I did now.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +
Pages: [1]   Go Up