Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LL aftermath financial cost  (Read 2171 times)

Kafka

• Visitor
LL aftermath financial cost
« on: January 25, 2015, 08:18:23 PM »

Sorry about the bit vague title guys ....

I mean possible cost one could encounter after successfully having completed LL and being consolidated. I am currently evaluating my budget and wondered whether after having paid for surgery, PT, stay, medics, x-rays etc. ... following long-term complications or even issues not directly related to LL could financially ruin someone.

I am talking about health insurance issues, like the insurance not being willing to cover injuries/issues u encounter in subsequent years, which are not necessary related to ur LL (e.g. sport injuries like ligament tears or spinal disc herniation or even getting an artificial hip/knee joint in ur 70s or 80s). They could argue it was due to ur LL or LL increased the risk dramatically ...

Has anyone of the lengtheners had such issues or did anyone heard about this problem or made other experiences in this regard?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: LL aftermath financial cost
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 08:41:02 PM »

I developed exertional compartment syndrome but my insurance paid for it, knowing it was caused by LL.

I think Paley performs routine fasciotomies at the time of surgery to prevent this from coming up after the fact.  You might ask your doctor about getting it done at the same time as your surgery.

itzrammi

• TrailBlazer inspired | TRS my Height Twin
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 08:51:05 PM »

I developed exertional compartment syndrome but my insurance paid for it, knowing it was caused by LL.

I think Paley performs routine fasciotomies at the time of surgery to prevent this from coming up after the fact.  You might ask your doctor about getting it done at the same time as your surgery.

what are the chances that we hav exertional compartment syndrome after LL ???
TrailBlazer inspired | TRS my Height Twin

SpaniardHobbit

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 11:18:54 PM »

I live in Spain so i think i will get any complication in the future, treated by free thanks to social medical care. I think we are lucky in that aspect.

This is a good place to retire for a LL veteran :D

Kafka

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 10:31:10 PM »

what are the chances that we hav exertional compartment syndrome after LL ???

I think it's not negligible ... seems to occur more often in tibia lenghtening and I think the probability increases with the amount you lengthen.

Yeah I guess it might be a bit of an individual case regarding insurance as well ... my insurance sometimes seems to be reluctant and skeptical, therefore my worries ...

spaller2015

• Newbi
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 08:18:41 PM »

If I move to Spain and start working there can I benefit from that system?

Alittletooshort

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 09:21:24 PM »

Is the spanish health care system any different than the one of other (perhaps economically more successful) european nations?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 09:52:56 PM by Alittletooshort »
Pages: [1]   Go Up