Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LL worth it at 40 years of age?  (Read 5531 times)

lilchamp

• Visitor
LL worth it at 40 years of age?
« on: January 23, 2015, 10:21:49 PM »

I'm a small guy at 5'4 & my height has also been an issue. I have been researching LL & saved up the cash, but I have concerns if it's worth it as I'm 40 years old. But I look younger & I'm fit.

Do you guys think the money, pain, risks etc is still worth it?

I have enough funds to go to India or Russia.

KrP1

Re: LL worth it at 40 years of age?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 10:25:32 PM »

only you could know this question, is it worth for you?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 10:26:42 PM »

I think there was a study out there that determined height is even more beneficial for older individuals than younger. I'd have to find it though. You're definitely still young enough at 40 to get CLL. If you're uncomfortable with your height to the point where you'd want surgery, then don't let the young age of 40 stop you.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Blackhawk

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 10:32:15 PM »

I think it is.  I'm 35 and have also asked this question.  I have heard comments from people in their mid 40s into their 50s that say that height is always an issue.  These comments have helped me answer that question for myself.  However as you get older the costs of LL increase and the benefits diminish.

KrP1

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 10:52:47 PM »

i think it is worth it, but each person has his opinión . People must have personality to decide by itself what he wants or not , its not important what people on a fórum thinks.

lilchamp

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 11:19:29 PM »

I believe it's worth it long term, but of course I go through doubts. And true, my height will never be a non-issue. I think the main bonus is that I'm healthy so recovery should be better & I can live the rest of my life in the right height.

Ghostfish

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 12:54:56 AM »

Hi lilchamp
I am in my 40's but am also considering LL.  You are actually younger than me.  I think 40 is a good age for anything including LL.  As long as your job or career can't be compromised by a long down time of LL, I think it will be good for you in the end.

programdude

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 01:52:19 AM »

Why do you want it done? If its for women etc its probably not worth it, but plenty of people were doing it in florida with me who were 50 and married just for the confidence.

No one can really tell you if its worth it but you man.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

lilchamp

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 03:24:21 AM »

I'm not doing it for the chics, but it's a bonus!  I have issues with my height that leads to consistent insecurities. I don't think it's worth it if I can't achieve a min of 4".

Ghostfish

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 05:42:39 AM »

I think if you have money and time, you can do both femurs and tibiae which can give you at least 4 in.

TomD

• Private
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2015, 06:13:16 AM »

I'm a small guy at 5'4 & my height has also been an issue. I have been researching LL & saved up the cash, but I have concerns if it's worth it as I'm 40 years old. But I look younger & I'm fit.

Do you guys think the money, pain, risks etc is still worth it?

I have enough funds to go to India or Russia.

Wow! A topic where my point of view is of some value  ;D

I am in my 40s as well. I know some doctors wont budge over age 35 but that seems to be fading into the sunset. Most are chasing the dollar and no longer have an age or height requirement. If we are in good health and seem strong at the interview, we probably get in.

When I was 20 I thought 40 was some fossilized age where your looks wont matter much. Your status in the community and wealth should do the talking.

At 30 I realized that being young and good looking was fleeting and I too was going to slowly erode, fall apart and become ugly. It was at this age I vowed to fight aging every way I knew how.

When I hit 40 I felt great. I still have most of my hair and still feel fit. I had no inkling to chase after a 20 year old or buy a ferrari. I felt like I had accomplished much of what I wanted.

Now I know that I am going to be alive probably until age 80. To me that is worth it. Even if I lived 10 years its worth it. Actually getting to be 6ft tall is a dream come true for me. Even if that goal turns out to be a disappointment and does not live up to my expectations, it was still worth it to go find out.

There is no age requirement to fulfilling our dreams.  :)

ItsMyLife

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2015, 06:13:51 AM »

longer recovery times, more opportunity costs, shorter time left to enjoy the height, etc, its ur call. i think people on forums talk nonsense mostly (as i do)

ItsMyLife

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2015, 06:15:12 AM »

Wow! A topic where my point of view is of some value  ;D

I am in my 40s as well. I know some doctors wont budge over age 35 but that seems to be fading into the sunset. Most are chasing the dollar and no longer have an age or height requirement. If we are in good health and seem strong at the interview, we probably get in.

When I was 20 I thought 40 was some fossilized age where your looks wont matter much. Your status in the community and wealth should do the talking.

At 30 I realized that being young and good looking was fleeting and I too was going to slowly erode, fall apart and become ugly. It was at this age I vowed to fight aging every way I knew how.

When I hit 40 I felt great. I still have most of my hair and still feel fit. I had no inkling to chase after a 20 year old or buy a ferrari. I felt like I had accomplished much of what I wanted.

Now I know that I am going to be alive probably until age 80. To me that is worth it. Even if I lived 10 years its worth it. Actually getting to be 6ft tall is a dream come true for me. Even if that goal turns out to be a disappointment and does not live up to my expectations, it was still worth it to go find out.

There is no age requirement to fulfilling our dreams.  :)

Inspirational post.. Liked!

ouroboros

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2015, 05:19:06 AM »

I believe that it is worth it after 40.

Here a some reasons:

I would have been less likely to do CLL at a young age (late teens, 20's) because of the risk of permanent complications that could have ended up limiting my athletic ability, etc. and not being able to recover close to 100%, and therefore live the best years of my life in regret.

Mental maturity is something I lacked earlier in life, so I fear that I might not have been able to handle the mental stress that is involved doing CLL until recently.

At the age of 40, I'm not likely to begin training to become a professional mixed martial artist, or get involved in any other extreme, physically demanding activity......so If I were to lose some athletic ability due to CLL, it would not be the end of the world unless it would influence my "performance between the sheets".

At 40 I have a clear picture of what I want in life(and so should you), and therefore be able to make the right decision and live with it.

I read an insane amount of diaries in both forums. Some days I felt good about doing CLL, and other days I would question my mental sanity for even considering such a thing.  In the end I have decided to go through with it.(at least today that is...)

The diaries are your best source for answers, and questions you might not have thought of yet....but be wary of the mental condition of the people writing this stuff, as we all come from different walks of life, have unique "demons" we are fighting, and in some cases could have ulterior motives behind their words.

Joel

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2015, 05:03:06 AM »

I would worry about aging a lot from it
5'5 manlet of peace

tallerbetter

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2015, 01:50:49 PM »

I believe that it is worth it after 40.

Here a some reasons:

I would have been less likely to do CLL at a young age (late teens, 20's) because of the risk of permanent complications that could have ended up limiting my athletic ability, etc. and not being able to recover close to 100%, and therefore live the best years of my life in regret.

Mental maturity is something I lacked earlier in life, so I fear that I might not have been able to handle the mental stress that is involved doing CLL until recently.

At the age of 40, I'm not likely to begin training to become a professional mixed martial artist, or get involved in any other extreme, physically demanding activity......so If I were to lose some athletic ability due to CLL, it would not be the end of the world unless it would influence my "performance between the sheets".

At 40 I have a clear picture of what I want in life(and so should you), and therefore be able to make the right decision and live with it.

I read an insane amount of diaries in both forums. Some days I felt good about doing CLL, and other days I would question my mental sanity for even considering such a thing.  In the end I have decided to go through with it.(at least today that is...)

The diaries are your best source for answers, and questions you might not have thought of yet....but be wary of the mental condition of the people writing this stuff, as we all come from different walks of life, have unique "demons" we are fighting, and in some cases could have ulterior motives behind their words.

It's obviously worth it for all the reasons you've listed. I agree. You don't loose the opportunity to become an athelete in your younger years and have acquired more mental maturity.
Don't trust the diaries. Many people seem to have ulterior motives behind their words indeed.

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2015, 07:22:08 PM »

Don't trust the diaries. Many people seem to have ulterior motives behind their words indeed.

bull crap. sure you should always read a diary understanding that it could contain lies in it, but the great majority on this site are from real people who want to share their experience. you are really trying to jump on the (all diaries are full of crap)(diaries cant be trusted)band wagon by stating falsely that MANY of the diaries have ulterior motives. that is a baseless statement.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

greatheight

• Newbi
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2015, 12:59:58 AM »

I'm not sure. 30 is ok, but 40??

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2015, 02:58:16 AM »

I'm not sure. 30 is ok, but 40??

40 is kinda late for several reasons but your body can handle it because my grandma at age 90 got an appendix removed. Scientifically proven you may take longer to heal the later in life you break your bones into half but it's worth it if these inches will make you happy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up