Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Does getting leg lengthening make you a wimp?  (Read 6839 times)

ReadRothbard

Does getting leg lengthening make you a wimp?
« on: January 23, 2015, 05:09:12 PM »

I would've used a different word, but I thought wimp would be more appropriate. Let me explain what I mean:

One of the things I value most of all is my masculinity and integrity. So, I was thinking to myself, since doing ll is giving in to a society that irrationally values height, then isn't getting ll just changing yourself to fit in with the crowd, which is kind of a wimpy thing to do? I mean, would a real man do that? I don't know. I want to hear your thoughts.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

ItsMyLife

Re: Does getting leg lengthening make you a wimp?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 05:12:20 PM »

wimp?
cosmetic surgery, maybe.. less masculine if you do it perhaps.
limb lengthening? its so freaking painful and mentally tiring... i dont think anyone who does it is a wimp.. anyone who survives this process is actually a hero.. girls who did it, go thru pregnancy, so girls are definitely not wimps also (and this explains how girls can do LL, girls have higher pain threshold)
i do not think height is an irrational valuation... i am not even sure that height is valued, or that there is just a co-relation (ie, taller people came from richer families with good nutrition, hence since from richer families, they get good jobs and all)

ReadRothbard

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 05:18:19 PM »

Height is a pretty irrational value. It means about as much as race.

As far as tall people coming from rich families, that doesn't really work. Height is mostly determined through genetics, with some influence from nutrition, so looking at height to determine one's health as a child is pretty unreliable.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

ItsMyLife

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 05:25:05 PM »

Height is a pretty irrational value. It means about as much as race.

As far as tall people coming from rich families, that doesn't really work. Height is mostly determined through genetics, with some influence from nutrition, so looking at height to determine one's health as a child is pretty unreliable.

problem is, in asian society (singapore, hk, china, korea), short people do often get into powerful positions. many university professors are short. i do not know how this works out for non-asian societies. conversely i do admit that there are some leaders who are pretty tall in my country. the american president thing is also pretty interesting. wonder about the average height of fortune500 CEOs.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 05:35:42 PM »

American society can be heightist, but not very openly. About 90% of Fortune 500 CEOs are over 6'0, but as far as Hollywood goes, most male actors are not over 6'0. In fact, most of our famous actors, Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Mark Wahlberg, Robert Dinero, Robert Downey Jr., etc. tend to be only average height to short.

Future space tycoon

ItsMyLife

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 06:22:07 PM »

American society can be heightist, but not very openly. About 90% of Fortune 500 CEOs are over 6'0, but as far as Hollywood goes, most male actors are not over 6'0. In fact, most of our famous actors, Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Mark Wahlberg, Robert Dinero, Robert Downey Jr., etc. tend to be only average height to short.

then i might well have made a very good investment ;)

Moubgf

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 07:47:31 PM »

Not really, They all use lifts to get to average-sligthly above average height (5'11) or so. So stop say; well there are short top actors in hollywood. Nopp there arent they are just as insecure as your next door neighboor. And almost all if not all short actors came during the 80's and 90's when heightism wasnt like it is today. Example, Tom cruise never wore lifts in the 90's he didnt even know they existed. But the year 2000 or so he used them regularly. All of them did.

These guys just had that luck of momentum + having a friend, uncle,parents in the buisness that gave them a already foot inside the door. And since they wore relatively young at the time. They did not have (like now) come across as the american young hunk new star of the week kinda thing.

So they slowly gained momentum so they came elicit inside the hollywood inner circle. So after maybe 5-7 years of acting these people could start to project alpha male behavior more naturally. But to think that Tom cruise could come into audition just randomly today and star as the new james bond is mjaeh. I mean just look back at the old photos of hollywood stars. They look fking retarded its not even funny. Like seriously semi damaged in the head or something. That akward cousin vibe stuff.

LL makes you a wimp but ultimately when the dust settles. You are a champ everyday you wake up.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 08:31:47 PM »

I wasn't saying that usual mantra of "short men do well in Hollywood, so everything's ok". I was just saying that Hollywood is more representative of the heights of most men.

Future space tycoon

programdude

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 08:56:42 PM »

Doing LL makes you tough, if anything.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

Joel

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 10:05:23 PM »

Chin ups make you tough man
5'5 manlet of peace

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2015, 10:14:11 PM »

ow please. lets get real. this thread is just another sneaky way for rothbard to try and pretend that girls irrationally want taller men. when he wants to convince everyone that girls normally would not give a fk about how tall the man is.

"what readrothbard believes" = all because girls are unfair bitches and if it were not for TV then they would love men of all heights and the girl would be a rational person. girls don't care about men's heights, a mans height being taller is not a desirable characteristic for women, but they choose height because they have been brainwashed, because they certainly did not evolve genetically to favor height. ....bla...bla...bla

because girls are not genetically attracted to taller men....... bla  bla bla...... same story from you rothbard for the 1000th time.

---------------------------

the truth rothbard. girls are attracted to taller men because taller men get given more resources and have more success, social power, and have better genes.  girls like any other animal choose their partner because of genetics. taller height is a major part of the genetic profile that a woman looks for.

just deal with it rothbard. you have this really sick fantasy where you think that girls have stepped outside of evolution and circumnavigated evolution and now magically for the first time in all eternity choose men on anything but genetics. animals for the last billion years have chosen their mate based on genetics, and they will continue to choose their sexual mate based on genetics.

"extreme sarcasm here" how unfortunate for you rothbard that after billion of years of following genetics for determining their sex selextion for a partner that this specific generation would magically defy genetic evolution for the first time in a billion years. how unfortunate because otherwise you would be gods gift to women. how dare those women not appreciate you when they are meant to because height was not determined by genetic evolution. in fact its just random that all dominant sexes in all species are taller than the female. but how dare women want taller men because its definitely not fking a genetic preference.!!!!!!!!! otherwise that would mean you would be inferior. and that just cant be the case. no it must be because these women are defying evolution and genetics and are brainwashed into wanting something irrational.

the same as the biggest and strongest gazelle will get the best female gazelle to mate with.

AHHAHAAHAHAH go join leechlet rothbard. im getting sick of you trying to convince this forum that girls don't care about height from a genetic perspective.

seriously how many times are you going to sneak this same debate into your posts.

ps even though this is realy just a thread to say girls are being irrational I will answer the post. if every person in the world breathes oxygen does that make you a conformist if you breath oxygen also?

the answer. hell to the fk NO. its a biological function, biological functions and genetics does not mean conformity if you do it also, it is not an ideology, its a genetic function. like breathing oxygen.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

ReadRothbard

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 11:11:59 PM »

ow please. lets get real. this thread is just another sneaky way for rothbard to try and pretend that girls irrationally want taller men. when he wants to convince everyone that girls normally would not give a fk about how tall the man is.

"what readrothbard believes" = all because girls are unfair bitches and if it were not for TV then they would love men of all heights and the girl would be a rational person. girls don't care about men's heights, a mans height being taller is not a desirable characteristic for women, but they choose height because they have been brainwashed, because they certainly did not evolve genetically to favor height. ....bla...bla...bla

because girls are not genetically attracted to taller men....... bla  bla bla...... same story from you rothbard for the 1000th time.

the truth rothbard. girls are attracted to taller men because taller men get given more resources and have more success, social power, and have better genes.  girls like any other animal choose their partner because of genetics. taller height is a major part of the genetic profile that a woman looks for.

just deal with it rothbard. you have this really sick fantasy where you think that girls have stepped outside of evolution and circumnavigated evolution and now magically for the first time in all eternity choose men on anything but genetics. animals for the last billion years have chosen their mate based on genetics, and they will continue to choose their sexual mate based on genetics.

"extreme sarcasm here" how unfortunate for you rothbard that after billion of years of following genetics for determining their sex selextion for a partner that this specific generation would magically defy genetic evolution for the first time in a billion years. how unfortunate because otherwise you would be gods gift to women. how dare those women not appreciate you when they are meant to because height was not determined by genetic evolution. in fact its just random that all dominant sexes in all species are taller than the female. but how dare women want taller men because its definitely not fking a genetic preference.!!!!!!!!! otherwise that would mean you would be inferior. and that just cant be the case. no it must be because these women are defying evolution and genetics and are brainwashed into wanting something irrational.

the same as the biggest and strongest gazelle will get the best female gazelle to mate with.

AHHAHAAHAHAH go join leechlet rothbard. im getting sick of you trying to convince this forum that girls don't care about height from a genetic perspective.

seriously how many times are you going to sneak this same debate into your posts.

ps even though this is realy just a thread to say girls are being irrational I will answer the post. if every person in the world breathes oxygen does that make you a conformist if you breath oxygen also?

the answer. hell to the fk NO. its a biological function, biological functions and genetics does not mean conformity if you do it also, it is not an ideology, its a genetic function. like breathing oxygen.

Looks like someone needs a nap.

Future space tycoon

ItsMyLife

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2015, 01:31:06 AM »

Looks like someone needs a nap.

he needs a chill pill and a psychiatrist

whoever thnks so much

ReadRothbard

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2015, 01:53:28 AM »

he needs a chill pill and a psychiatrist

whoever thnks so much

I think the dude means well, but he's probably had a hard time at his height, so I don't blame him for being bitter.

Future space tycoon

Outgrown

• "Long enough to touch the ground" -Abraham Lincoln
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2015, 02:11:49 AM »

What a wimp. He spent his hard earned money to fly across the country to break his bones in half, and to endure unbearable pain with constant PT. Not to mention, the amount of risks and thought put into the process along with badass scars to remind the world that you are weak.
5"6 and proud

Outgrown

• "Long enough to touch the ground" -Abraham Lincoln
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2015, 02:15:29 AM »

Maybe you're having a harder time with women because of your attitude.
5"6 and proud

ReadRothbard

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2015, 02:44:33 AM »

What a wimp. He spent his hard earned money to fly across the country to break his bones in half, and to endure unbearable pain with constant PT. Not to mention, the amount of risks and thought put into the process along with badass scars to remind the world that you are weak.

Yeah, I see your point.

Future space tycoon

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2015, 03:23:18 AM »

Wanting to be treated as the normal tall people is not being a wimp plus think about the guts it takes to endure these surgeries.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2015, 04:35:28 AM »

Yeah, that's what i figured.

Future space tycoon

afonso

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2015, 12:12:07 AM »

Before I give my two cents on the original thread question, "are you a wimp for doing LL"  I want to preference with my opinion on height and desire to be taller.

If you give any man below the golden 6' - 6'2" height the option to be tallers without any effort on their part (like in a genie granting a wish) they will almost always say yes (99% atleast - there are always outliers).  That leads me to believe that being the golden height is an almost absolute positive trait not so different from intelligence, athletic ability, longevity etc....   

Now if you believe my statement above to be true than LL is a road to improving oneself.  When is that ever wimpy.  To the contrary you should be proud of yourself for having embarked on that very hard character building and resource (money, time, and energy) intense road.     

Overdozer

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2015, 01:26:43 AM »

Does bodybuilding make you a wimp? Because the concept is actually very similar, but the amount of effort required for LL is much greater.

(Dumb question)
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2015, 02:03:26 AM »

Does bodybuilding make you a wimp? Because the concept is actually very similar, but the amount of effort required for LL is much greater.

(Dumb question)

Bodybuilding is not that awesome but it's basically the same goal, to alter your body and get something that you are not born with so good point.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2015, 04:28:29 AM »

(Dumb question)

It's isn't a dumb question. It has to do with the philosophy of individualism vs. collectivism.

Future space tycoon

ItsMyLife

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2015, 07:06:48 AM »

I think the dude means well, but he's probably had a hard time at his height, so I don't blame him for being bitter.

probably.. us being average height, we dont think so much (im actually tall with lifts, so i didnt really get any detriment)

iampetite

• Visitor
  • Wish I Was Taller
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2015, 08:47:44 AM »

Wimp? I would never say that. It takes a tremendous amount of courage to actually go through with Limb Lengthening. Wow.  I wish I was taller, but I'm very scared to do it. 

So no, not at all a wimpy thing to do. I do think it's very risky though. I have read a few stories of how wrong it could go.   :-\

sadboy

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2015, 11:43:28 AM »

First lets beging by saying that there is no such thing as a "real man". This already shows how you think which is real bad. If you do LL, does that make you less masculine? I don't think so and if it did, I don't give two fcks, I want to feel good about myself and I'm doing this EXTREME surgery which definitely doesn't make me a wimp. I'm not doing it to fit with society, I just love being tall, I like being the tall one, I always did and I don't mind standing out of a crowd because I am tall.

If you are worried too much about your masculinity then why are you wasting your time here?

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2015, 12:48:26 PM »

It's isn't a dumb question. It has to do with the philosophy of individualism vs. collectivism

no it really doesn't. your trying to manipulate peoples normal desire for self improvement.

by this logic then all girls should become obease, because otherwise they would be conforming to society.

common man that's just fat worship.

even if you dont get leg lengthening that would just (by your logic) make you a conformist to the group who worships men at all heights. this is nothing to do with ideology, it has to do with what women are biologically attracted to.

just as women loose weight because we are not attracted to fat fks, we to can become taller. this has nothing to do with being a conformist, it has to do with what the other sex is biologically attracted to.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

YellowSpike

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2015, 05:14:58 PM »

Doing LL makes you tough, if anything.

Totally agree. It's not even a question. If you can survive this, you can survive anything.

ouroboros

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2015, 07:35:13 AM »

I agree with ForcedPuberty......I think that women are attracted to certain biological traits but most of all to confidence.  What is confidence??? It's like trying to describe "spirit" or "soul"...no clear definition.  IMO, confidence comes more naturally to taller men because they grow up not being picked on, not being ridiculed when they speak their minds(even if what is said is stupid).  Also, the way a tall person carries themselves is different because most people will be at eye level or bellow and therefore a tall person will have a relaxed eye gaze(bedroom eyes), and usually not afraid to make eye contact and maintain it very comfortably in a non- threatening way.

I recently used "beta blockers"(they block the fight or flight receptors in the brain) because I am terrified of doing presentations for school in front of the class and they worked as anticipated.  What I didn't expect was the way people were reacting to me outside of class and in the street.  Suddenly people were very receptive to what I had to say, treated me with smiles and seem to go out of their way to help me. I thought it was a coincidence, but it seem to have happened every time the drug was in my system.  It was like it erased most of my inhibitions and allowed me to be comfortable with who I am.  The only other times I am able to feel that way is when I drink alcohol, because I become a laid back dude.  The only bad part of being drunk is that my judgment suffers and sometimes gets me in trouble.  Meanwhile, with the previous drug my judgment is razor sharp and no inhibitions.

The point of all of this is that when you grow up as a short person, you are likely to suffer from a constant feeling of threat, trying to over-compensate by proving superior knowledge/intelligence, exaggerated body building, and worst of all displaying ridiculous signs of having wealth(flashy expensive brand name clothing that looks tacky, driving cars that are clearly out of price range, etc., etc.) This being said, not only short people do this.   Everyone is guilty of some form of trying to compensate for our shortcomings.  The problem is when it becomes too obvious and it has the opposite intended effect.  Women are repelled by this,  ffsk men are repelled by this.  We get angry and blame others for being prejudice, racist, superficial, when in reality it is us who cause the problem by constantly seeking validation.

Now, to answer the question of "Does getting leg lengthening make you a wimp?"  Yes it does if you are going to become taller just to constantly bring up the fact that other people are shorter than you, make remarks and observations constantly about how society views height as a desirable genetic trait, etc.  People will see right through that and all your sacrifice will be in vain.

The journey of doing LL becomes a success when it is able to "surgically" remove your mental insecurities of being short.  Otherwise being 7 feet tall will not solve your problems if you continue to overcompensate and continue to compare yourself to everyone around you.   Understanding how your mind really works is the most important step prior to making a big decision.

PS. I don't endorse relying on any drugs to enhance one's self.  There are always potential dangerous side effects.  I only mentioned the above because it made me witness of how my own paranoid behavior makes people treat me less favorably. 

ItsMyLife

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2015, 08:30:33 AM »

I think short people get treated less favourably because

1. A huge proportion of them are insecure and try to overcompensate, they also sometimes become rude and anti-social.  This leads the general populace to create a very bad impression when they see someone short (contra, for tall people)

2. Its in the brain. If u are short and lack confidence, it amplifies everything. Serious.

3. Biology and evolution, that when you are standard deivations away from the norm, you are inferior. Its the same for height and weight. Too thin, too tall, too short, they are "freaks".
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up