Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smaller The Tibia length, Lesser the Lengthening max ??  (Read 5600 times)

itzrammi

• TrailBlazer inspired | TRS my Height Twin
Smaller The Tibia length, Lesser the Lengthening max ??
« on: January 21, 2015, 01:46:34 PM »

How far is that true?? :( so cant we 163 cm guys achieve 7-8cms ?
TrailBlazer inspired | TRS my Height Twin

ItsMyLife

Re: Smaller The Tibia length, Lesser the Lengthening max ??
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 02:09:44 PM »

such is the harsh truth...
but don't measure ur tibia length urself its not accurate..
it must be done on CT
my tibia length and femur length as self-measured was vastly different from the CT scan result.. in the range of many centimetres..

itzrammi

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 02:28:14 PM »

such is the harsh truth...
but don't measure ur tibia length urself its not accurate..
it must be done on CT
my tibia length and femur length as self-measured was vastly different from the CT scan result.. in the range of many centimetres..

i have measured it to be only 32cm :( :( but sometimes I feel like my tibia bone is a bit curved

KrP1

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 02:32:33 PM »

you need to do a telemetry of your legs to measure the tibia length

itzrammi

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 02:37:20 PM »

you need to do a telemetry of your legs to measure the tibia length

so Tibia length isnt the length between end of knee cap to above ankle ??

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 02:42:44 PM »

6cm is safe if you value your athletic function.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

itzrammi

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 04:47:44 PM »

6cm is safe if you value your athletic function.

But atleast Lengthening 6cm is possible for my starting height??

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 04:52:37 PM »

you best ask a doctor who has conducted 5 year follow ups for statistically relevant numbers and published them in a journal, I give you statistic probability, 5-6cm should be good for anyone.

however I am sure there are exceptions to any rule.

99% of people can do 5cm with no problem. not literally 99% but you know what I mean.

Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

Moubgf

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 04:56:00 PM »

The shorter the leg from starting point the better.

itzrammi

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 04:58:41 PM »

you best ask a doctor who has conducted 5 year follow ups for statistically relevant numbers and published them in a journal, I give you statistic probability, 5-6cm should be good for anyone.

however I am sure there are exceptions to any rule.

99% of people can do 5cm with no problem. not literally 99% but you know what I mean.

Thank you bro i will soon be visiting some doctors in New Delhi , India

itzrammi

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 05:00:03 PM »

The shorter the leg from starting point the better.

Bro can you explain it well if you dont mind ??

ReadRothbard

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 05:30:33 PM »

These guys were all fine when they did 7-8 cm in this study; the average starting height was about 159 cm (I think). http://m.bjj.boneandjoint.org.uk/content/87-B/10/1402.full

There is a lot of fear mongering when it comes to ll. In a way, this can be a good thing; it can encourage us to be more cautious about this serious procedure. However, the research does seem to show that ll is a lot safer than we might think.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

ItsMyLife

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2015, 05:40:14 PM »

These guys were all fine when they did 7-8 cm in this study; the average starting height was about 159 cm (I think). http://m.bjj.boneandjoint.org.uk/content/87-B/10/1402.full

There is a lot of fear mongering when it comes to ll. In a way, this can be a good thing; it can encourage us to be more cautious about this serious procedure. However, the research does seem to show that ll is a lot safer than we might think.

totally agree. 174 cm is the upper limit of lengthening in that study I believe (or a similar study i saw). so I am pretty safe as someone 174 CM, to do 7-8 cm, since the AVERAGE 159 cm guy could actually do 7-8 cm!

I think RISKS start to appear when I go beyond 8 cm

Hell, I could do 9 CM and do perfectly fine in my day-to-day stuff but suffer reduced athleticism.

Anyway, people typing here are typing without their names attached to their User IDs, and with/without a basic medical degree. They are mostly or all not qualified orthopedic surgeons, and EVEN IF they are I don't believe they did many cosmetic LL cases :P

itzrammi

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2015, 05:45:19 PM »

This is so helpful  :) 8)

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2015, 06:00:43 PM »

According to my doctor, it's not that the smaller your starting length, the less you are allowed or able to lengthen. The 20% max is generally true, but there are so many variations in how individuals respond to lengthening that a 5'5 guy getting his tibias lengthened may reach 5 cm without issue, but a 6'2 guy will develop terrible ballerina at 4 cm. In general, a guy with a longer starting limb length can lengthen for a longer period than a guy of shorter limb length before running into complications related to the soft tissues. But it's only an 'in general' thing and not a rule.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

itzrammi

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2015, 07:05:57 PM »

and what about tendon lengthening surgery ?is that something related to soft tissue problem ??

Overdozer

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2015, 07:19:45 PM »

The shorter you are, the shorter your legs will be to your torso, that means proportions-wise you can lengthen much more than someone who's 6'. It's a fact: http://adc.bmj.com/content/90/8/807.full
A positive association was observed between H SDS, SH SDS, and LL SDS in all age groups. There was a negative correlation between SH/H SDS and height SDS. In short children with a height SDS <−2 SDS, a cut-off limit of +2.5 SD leads to a more acceptable percentage of false positive results. In exceptionally tall children, a cut-off limit of −2.2 SDS can be used.
It is generally known that tall children have relatively long legs and vice versa
Table 2 shows the association between body proportions and height SDS. As expected, for both SH SDS and LL SDS a strong positive association with height SDS was found in all age groups. The correlations between SH/H (or SH/LL) SDS and height SDS were all negative and statistically significant (p < 0.001).
This is illustrated in fig 3 which presents a scatter plot of SH/H SDS versus height SDS. The equiprobable ellipse around 95% of the points shows a tendency towards decreasing SH/H SDS with increasing height SDS. Conversely, shorter children have higher SH/H ratios, thus relatively shorter legs.
So in reality, the longer your limbs are, the more you're limited by proportions - and that's a main limiting factor of LL. If you get ballerina/knee contracture complications you can always get your tendons cut and lengthened.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

itzrammi

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2015, 07:26:18 PM »

The shorter you are, the shorter your legs will be to your torso, that means proportions-wise you can lengthen much more than someone who's 6'. It's a fact: http://adc.bmj.com/content/90/8/807.fullSo in reality, the longer your limbs are, the more you're limited by proportions - and that's a main limiting factor of LL. If you get ballerina/knee contracture complications you can always get your tendons cut and lengthened.

awww THANK YOU so much that brought my hopes back :)

itzrammi

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2015, 07:26:35 PM »

The shorter you are, the shorter your legs will be to your torso, that means proportions-wise you can lengthen much more than someone who's 6'. It's a fact: http://adc.bmj.com/content/90/8/807.fullSo in reality, the longer your limbs are, the more you're limited by proportions - and that's a main limiting factor of LL. If you get ballerina/knee contracture complications you can always get your tendons cut and lengthened.

awww THANK YOU so much that brought my hopes back :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up