Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why I will still go forward with 7-8 cms even though I play basketball  (Read 14891 times)

Re: Why I will still go forward with 7-8 cms even though I play basketball
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2015, 12:07:27 PM »

Well have fun wearing frames for over a year then...

ItsMyLife

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2015, 12:34:29 PM »

and how are just supposed to know them?
Because you think you're an "alpha" and better than everyone else?
In that case, i'm going to push to 2 meter

when the pain and soft tissue limitations become apparent and cannot resolve easily even with pharmaceuticals. then it is time to decide. to stop.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2015, 12:36:37 PM »

Well have fun wearing frames for over a year then...

12 months - 16 months.
the frames are pretty okay actually.
one full ring and two half rings.
aside from the pain due to muscle stretching, you don't really feel the k-wires. they can be worn for a year.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2015, 05:42:16 PM »

and how are just supposed to know them?
Because you think you're an "alpha" and better than everyone else?
In that case, i'm going to push to 2 meter

Lol chill out, big boy.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2015, 09:16:30 AM »

Hey Itsmylife,

let me tell you some things that I thought for some time but did not share until now. Maybe some other members think the same…
I don’t get the point of you trying to sell to the community that you will go to 8 cm. It is like you try to justify yourself why it is a good idea to go to 8 cm.

There is even a vote in your diary of how much you should lengthen. You ask all the members on the forum and the answer is clear: 42.6 % tell you to lengthen between 5 and 6 cm. Then you start a thread why you will lengthen up to 7 or 8 anyway.
From what I see you are very young and immature. You ask all the members on the forum how much you should lengthen and then ask the doctors and make up a doctors vs. forum members thing. That reminds me of me when I was a kid. Everything had to be a race. Who is eating ice-cream faster or who has better toys. That’s just childish behavior. You act like 8 cm is your favourite toy and the evil neighbor (forum members) try to take that away from you and you beg your mum and dad (doctors) to give it back to you. You ask for the opinion of the forum and when you don’t hear what you like you go like: Doctors know better anyway! So why do you ask the forum in the first place?

The next childish thing is you look for proof for you to be able to go to 8 cm and take everything that fits in your opinion and leave everything else out. Let me tell you what adults do: They see both sides and make a pro and contra list. You do a pro list. Great. The result is clear beforehand. Pro will win.

Well let me see your list why 8 is super-great: “russian people” say Dr. Bagirov is the best. What Russian people? Housewifes and electricians? Opinion of forum members are not right but the opinion of some “Russian people”. You grasp what you can to prove your point.

“the danger starts at 8+”. Are you joking??? There are a lot of diaries on this forum which show that there are a lot dangers way before 8 cm. Many people like KiloKhan had to stop before reaching 8 because it was getting way to dangerous. I myself had to stop at 7 cm because of knee bending, foot inversion and ballerina foot. Let me tell some news: The danger starts with the operation!
Then a Singapore orthopedic surgeon (wtf???) says the only problem is a “common perenoal nerve”. Are you kidding me? Me and many other patients can tell you that that is not the ONLY problem when going to 8 cm!!!
Chinese doctors say 20 % is the max you say. You go for 22 %. That’s not in the range. But well lets bend the numbers to make it fit…
Next: Your doctor says 8 is fine. Now try to use your brain: Who will know what will happen to you from 3 cm now to 8 cm. We are talking about 5 cm in between. If you are honest you will say no one. How can your doctor say 8 is fine??? You are at about 3 cm. Do you know what these beautiful words from your doctor are worth when you get a bone infection tomorrow? NOTHING. People waking up in the morning and having bad ballerina foot suddenly. Already happened. Use your brain. No one can tell you if 8 cm is fine for you. Go step by step. Go for 4 and see how you are doing. Then for 5. Then 6. And if you are fine go for the whole 8 cm. Do you know the answer when I asked my doctor in the beginning if I can go to 8? He said “Its possible. But difficult”. That is the ONLY right answer. But on a pro list “8 cm is fine” sounds better I know.

Well your list goes on like this. Later even the opinion of forum members are good enough to make it on your list: “Eighth, there are people who believe, on this forum, that recovery (athletically) is possible 100%. I am not alone.”
And you go one with questionable statements: “If I can still dunk, this means you can recover 100%”. What the fk are talking about??? If you can still dunk that means you recovered well. Not more not less. If you want to know if someone recovered 100 % you have to let them make a standard health test, which tests the person before LL in agility, speed, strength and other criteria. Then you have to the exact same test afterwards. You can not just let them dunk!!! A lot of statements are full of that crap. “Open fracture” and LL comparison is the next post.Wtf???

Itsmylife, I don’t think you are a stupid guy. You just need to change your attitude. Stop becoming Leechlet 2, who was so fking immature but thought he is the greatest guy ever born. Stop playing your little doctors vs. forum and numbers game. Don’t make easy statements. Go step by step. Focus on the present. The next centimeter is always the most important. Hope you will be fine and get to 8 cm safely. I hope I was not too harsh on you.
Wow,Great statemenþ

ItsMyLife

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2015, 04:54:24 PM »

Wow,Great statemenþ

yup i agree, theres still no solid evidence why the magic numbers. just alot of gossip and fear mongering

ReadRothbard

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2015, 05:13:50 PM »

True that, my friend,
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

ItsMyLife

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2015, 05:26:30 PM »

True that, my friend,

i saw ur tibia target of 6-7 cm. so u can consider pushing to 7. i am doing 7-8 cm, but might revise to 7 or 7.5. with pin bending and subsidence it might well become the golden 7 cm

ReadRothbard

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2015, 05:37:43 PM »

I'll probably do 7 cm over 6, and I might go to 7.5-7.62 cm if everything goes ok ip to that point. A good 3" seems reasonable and safe.

Future space tycoon

ItsMyLife

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2015, 01:32:41 AM »

I'll probably do 7 cm over 6, and I might go to 7.5-7.62 cm if everything goes ok ip to that point. A good 3" seems reasonable and safe.

external fixators? lon or latN? yea 6 cm is not worth.. all the $

ReadRothbard

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2015, 01:54:14 AM »

I'm looking at either LON or LATN. There is no way I'm going to wear frames for 9-10 months lol.

Future space tycoon

jfk

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2015, 03:34:00 AM »

I'm looking at either LON or LATN. There is no way I'm going to wear frames for 9-10 months lol.

Almost 3 out of 4 patients have persistent or permament knee pain. Good luck though!

"Long-term complications a patient may develop after the implantation of an intramedullary rod may include persistent or permanent knee pain (present in 73.2% of patients studied), atrophy of the calf muscle (27.3%), atrophy of the quadriceps (27.3%), and arthritis (35.4%).Venous thrombosis such as deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism also occur following intramedullary fixation."

Lefaivre, K. A.; Guy, P.; Chan, H.; Blachut, P. A. (2008). "Long-Term Follow-up of Tibial Shaft Fractures Treated with Intramedullary Nailing". Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma 22 (8): 525–529.

Internet-Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intramedullary_rod

jfk

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2015, 03:41:22 AM »

Here is another study. Knee pain, knee pain and more knee pain!

"Of the questionnaire group (n = 56), only 15 (26.7%) denied knee pain with any activity whereas 41 patients (73.2%) had at least moderate knee pain. With respect to swelling, 19 (33.9%) reported asymmetrical swelling affecting the injured limb. However, of the 33 physically examined patients, only 6 (18.2%) had objective evidence of venous stasis. Knee range of motion was equivalent to the unaffected side in all but two patients (93.9%) whereas 14 (42.4%) had a restricted range of motion of the ankle. Nine patients (27.3%) had persistent quadriceps atrophy, and the same rate was observed for calf atrophy. Twenty-five patients (75.8%) had no tenderness to anterior knee palpation. Of the 31 radiographically examined patients, 11 patients (35.4%) showed evidence of arthritis despite the absence of radiographic malalignment. Five patients (16.1%) had at least mild osteoarthritis of at least one knee compartment, 5 (16.1%) had at least mild osteoarthritis of the tibio-talar joint, and 1 (3.2%) had osteoarthritis of both, despite the absence of malunion. Self-reported knee pain was not correlated with the presence of a tibial nail or radiographic nail prominence. Similarly, knee tenderness on examination was not correlated with these factors."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18758282

jfk

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2015, 03:54:50 AM »

Medium Drink of Water says that about knee problems (on October 17, 2013, 04:47:28 AM)

"When I squat, I feel some pressure in my knees.  The knees are also sensitive when I kneel on hard surfaces.  They're also a little stiff but they do have a full range of motion; if they were made of metal I'd think they were a tiny bit rusty.  This stiffness goes away if I do kickboxing exercises but comes back in a few hours.  I think all of these knee issues could've been avoided by doing external-only.  Cutting open the knees twice, once to put the IM nails in and then again to pull them back out was a lot of knee surgery."

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=99.0

Really no way to wear the frames for 9-10 months? Think again.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2015, 04:36:29 AM »

Medium Drink of Water says that about knee problems (on October 17, 2013, 04:47:28 AM)

"When I squat, I feel some pressure in my knees.  The knees are also sensitive when I kneel on hard surfaces.  They're also a little stiff but they do have a full range of motion; if they were made of metal I'd think they were a tiny bit rusty.  This stiffness goes away if I do kickboxing exercises but comes back in a few hours.  I think all of these knee issues could've been avoided by doing external-only.  Cutting open the knees twice, once to put the IM nails in and then again to pull them back out was a lot of knee surgery."

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=99.0

Really no way to wear the frames for 9-10 months? Think again.

I don't care about knee pain. I deal with hip pain every time I squat.

Future space tycoon

ItsMyLife

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2015, 05:15:37 AM »

dr bagirov frames are very small, can be concealed under cargo pants.. i guess i will have to wear them till december.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2015, 05:31:27 AM »

What does he say about doing heavy leg exercises like squats and deadlifts after the frames are taken off?

Future space tycoon

ItsMyLife

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2015, 09:51:25 AM »

What does he say about doing heavy leg exercises like squats and deadlifts after the frames are taken off?

i didnt ask about that, i asked basketball he said something like one year after removal, i gotta check/

ReadRothbard

« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2015, 01:40:28 PM »

Thanks  :)

Future space tycoon

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2015, 10:18:32 PM »

arthritis (35.4%).

ouch, didn't know that figure for arthritis.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

ItsMyLife

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2015, 08:35:33 AM »

I think I am kinda constrained.
Cos I am working a few days a  week currently and if I can't walk anymore its  .
Lengthening at 0.75 past few days and now I am close to getting flat feet! And my knees alawys contracture and gotta fight it.
I think my body will have to force me to stop much earlier.
Maybe I shd do less and do femurs.
Gotta decide at 6 cm.
What you all thnk?

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2015, 02:50:24 PM »

Cos I am working a few days a  week currently and if I can't walk anymore its crap.
Lengthening at 0.75 past few days and now I am close to getting flat feet! And my knees alawys contracture and gotta fight it.
Gotta decide at 6 cm.
What you all thnk?
5cm for tibia
6 cm for femur

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2015, 06:52:02 PM »

Cos I am working a few days a  week currently and if I can't walk anymore its crap.
Gotta decide at 6 cm.
What you all thnk?

You're doing much better than most people at this point.  I think you can reach your original goal without having to stop and do femurs.  If it's possible just switch to crutches or a walker to get to work.

crimsontide

« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2015, 05:23:57 AM »

if you go to to 7cm or more, you will not recover for probably 1.5 to 2 years

just letting you know... i dont regret what i did,  and im in no pain, etc

but im not 100%... i do get better and better, so i can  guess when ill be  100% again or close, and i know it wont be for a few months at least

if you want all those cms, go for it, but  its going to be a big part of your life for the next  year and a half
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up