Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Describe Epidural Anesthesia  (Read 1579 times)

joax

Describe Epidural Anesthesia
« on: January 20, 2015, 11:08:09 PM »

Hello,

If you've been through LL, can you describe what happens with epidural anesthesia? Can you see the doctors breaking your bones? Can you hear everything? How long does the operation last (approximately)? Can you feel any pain at all?

Thanks

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Describe Epidural Anesthesia
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 11:24:54 PM »

You'll be lying on a table looking at the ceiling, most likely with a curtain at your midsection so you couldn't see what was going on even if you tried to look.  Epidural only dulls feeling, not hearing, so yes you'll be able to hear everything.  You won't feel any pain but you will feel vibrations throughout your body from what the surgeon is doing.  The operation, I think, takes about two to three hours.

Overdozer

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 11:34:54 PM »

You'll be lying on a table looking at the ceiling, most likely with a curtain at your midsection so you couldn't see what was going on even if you tried to look.  Epidural only dulls feeling, not hearing, so yes you'll be able to hear everything.  You won't feel any pain but you will feel vibrations throughout your body from what the surgeon is doing.  The operation, I think, takes about two to three hours.
Yeah that's it. Also they use Intravenous therapy to deliver sedatives and tranquilizers so you don't have to be awake for the whole surgery duration and you'd also feel calm. At least they did on me.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

ItsMyLife

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 02:23:09 PM »

Yeah that's it. Also they use Intravenous therapy to deliver sedatives and tranquilizers so you don't have to be awake for the whole surgery duration and you'd also feel calm. At least they did on me.

u can ask for propofol

joax

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 06:23:18 PM »

Thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up