Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Is limb lengthening dangerous?  (Read 12441 times)

opsycat

• Visitor
Is limb lengthening dangerous?
« on: January 17, 2015, 08:46:13 AM »

I am short girl and I am reluctant to do it due to
Its Risk and  :-\
Scared of having much lower self esteem if I am on crutches or
Disable.
I know I have to be positive but this kind of surgery is scary to me.
And the pain is scary. I dont know.

joax

Re: Is limb lengthening dangerous?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 09:01:50 AM »

well, it's definitely one of the riskiest cosmetic surgeries out there, but the outcome seems to be almost always positive if you follow your doctor's instructions and find a good doctor in the first place. It also depends on your age (the younger you are, the better) and how much you lengthen.

GeTs

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 10:15:27 AM »

U can die:
- on the operation table

U can lose your legs and be amputated

U can have memory dysfunction because of anesthesia

The pain is a 10/10 and the surgery was initially developed and done for soldiers

was joking, LL is completely safe, u can do 7 cm and recover 99%

joax

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 10:24:42 AM »

U can die:
- on the operation table

The pain is a 10/10 and the surgery was initially developed and done for soldiers

Common...

Disobedient

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 10:36:48 AM »

how short? 5ft?

opsycat

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 11:22:30 AM »

U can die:
- on the operation table

:) oh good.

opsycat

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 11:24:51 AM »

how short? 5ft?

Yes my height is 150 and half.  :(

KrP1

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 11:26:38 AM »

yes, it is dangerous

Disobedient

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 11:34:24 AM »

Yes my height is 150 and half.  :(

this is less than 5ft, it's 4ft 11
and yeah that's short, look you could try one leg (tibia or femur)  first, I think that would be easier. you wont lose your mobility in this case ..
and yeah the pain is always there depend which part you'll lengthen and with which method...

where are you from ? and how old are you?

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 11:35:29 AM »

youll be fine. do 6cm tibia. and then see if you want to do femur for 5cm.

6cm might be more than enough.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

Disobedient

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2015, 11:37:44 AM »

youll be fine. do 6cm tibia. and then see if you want to do femur for 5cm.

6cm might be more than enough.

I found lengthening tibia is much more painful than femur .. if she could afford internal femur then it may be easier and less risky ..

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2015, 11:48:27 AM »

can PEOPLE PLEASE NOT SAY OR RECOMEND SOMETHING IF WE DONT EVEN HAVE A SINGLE DIARY ON IT.

first off I like you disobedient so don't think that I am mad or anything. I just feel strongly about this issue.

there are currently no diaries on a single leg.

if you are worng then this girl will go through a harder time when she is already mentally weak.
that is not fair to her.

the leg lengthening process is painfull, and it is better to get it over with as quick as possible. then it will become a distant memory as the pain is forgotten. lengthening 1 leg will only double the amount of time a person goes through the lengthening phase, you will be semi disabled but still disabled for 2wice the time period and experience discomfort for 2wice the time period.

we have not got a single diary to say it is easier. and so you are only making a guess. if your guess is wrong this girl will be up   creak without a paddle.

I am ASSUMING you mean lengthen 1 segment(either tibia OR femur on 1 leg only) at a time and NOT 1  ENTIRE leg(2 segments) at 1 time.

if you mean 1 entire leg at the same time........ then this girl is going to make life incredible hard for herself compared to if she had just done bilateral surgery.

she is really short. so she might NEED 2 surgeries. tibia and femur.

if that is the case then you are referring to 4 different operations. 

I will just repeat it is a misconception that dividing the surgeries makes it easier. the hardest part is short and its best to just get it over with . 

doing tibia and femur at the same time will make recovery prolonged to a large degree, and doing bilateral surgery in 2 surgeries will also prolong the periods where discomfort is higher.

so lastly I will re state. PLEASE DONT SAY SOMETHING IS EASIER IF YOU HAVE NOT 1 SINGLE DIARY TO BACK YOUR CLAIM UP. and a retroactive diary is rubbish, because people always leave out the pain and discomfort during the retroactive diaries. it needs to be a diary written in real time when the patient is in pain!

if you do tibia and femur bilateral and separate having tibia first and then femur second both external, you can have the whole process over and back to walking in less than 12 months if you are smart. sometimes in an attempt to make life easier people make life harder because they don't base their argument on diaries which constitute proof, intead they base their arguments on emotions  "FOR WHAT THEY FEEL" WILL BE A COOLER APROACH.

Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2015, 11:51:17 AM »

I am curious disobedient. I did read your diary. but how would you describe the pain difference of femur compared to tibia?

I am about to do external femur. and I am worried.

how did you find the pins going through the muscles for so many months?

also I don't remember seeing any indents and bumps. do you think that I should not worry about these things?

in hindsight. is there any advice you can give me. is there anything you wish you had been told or learnt before you did external femurs?

thank you for your insight. :)
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

Disobedient

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2015, 12:19:54 PM »

yeah I didn't read a diary about lengthening one leg, but this happening all the time with ppl who have leg discrepancy ..
sure she'll take longer time, but she wont lose her mobility ,, and I think this the hardest part in LL not the pain part..
the girl look hesitated form beginning if she'll do her femur/tibia in one leg first she'll have clue for what's waiting for her in LL journey.. and she can do her second leg once she's comfortable with that .. this is just my opinion . and I think I read once that Dr Paley (not sure that was from long time) used to do one leg lengthening  (both tibia and femur)

about femur lengthening. yes I found it less painful ,the pain in tibia during the distraction was 7/10 maybe but the femur something like 4 , but the frame were pain in the ass, so uncomfortable , also you'll lose your knee rom which is much worst .. even though you may gain your knee rom with pt, but I still don't think it's worth it, I'll go with the internal femur lengthening from the beginning and I'll avoid all this drama ..
with which doctor you consider lengthening femur if I may ask?

joax

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2015, 12:22:49 PM »

150 is not that short for a girl. Just think about it carefully, that's all :)

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2015, 01:21:01 PM »

but this happening all the time with ppl who have leg discrepancy 

achondroplasia and people with 1 leg shorter actually have different genetic potential to normal people. this is why they can lengthen like 20cm and still be fine, it is a completely different story for our tissues. :)

about femur lengthening. yes I found it less painful ,the pain in tibia during the distraction was 7/10 maybe but the femur something like 4 , but the frame were pain in the ass, so uncomfortable , also you'll lose your knee rom which is much worst .. even though you may gain your knee rom with pt, but I still don't think it's worth it, I'll go with the internal femur lengthening from the beginning and I'll avoid all this drama ..
with which doctor you consider lengthening femur if I may ask?

this is really interesting. I always thought it would be much more painful. I hope it is less painful.

joax
150 is not that short for a girl. Just think about it carefully, that's all :)

actually I disagree. 4"11 is very short for a girl. 5"3 is average. and 4"11 girls are not taken seriously. they are treated like kids. 5"1 is the minimum for a girl to live a good life.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

Taller

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2015, 07:24:20 PM »

4'11 for a girl is like 5'5 for a guy. Very short, I hate to say.

Overdozer

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2015, 09:18:10 PM »

155 cm is 5'1", which is 5'6" male equivalent, which is still short, but I haven't heard of the word 'short' being used in a negative way, when attributed to females. Still can't care less what you're going to do with your body, enjoy the scars.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

joax

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2015, 11:06:38 PM »

actually I disagree. 4"11 is very short for a girl. 5"3 is average. and 4"11 girls are not taken seriously. they are treated like kids. 5"1 is the minimum for a girl to live a good life.

Yeah, but while height is beneficial for men, it's not beneficial for women at all in any shape way or form.

Unless they're really a midget, which is not your case. The list of successful women who are 4'11 and under is a very long one.

From the dating point of view, short women have a wider selection of men, since both short and tall men go crazy for short girls.

So really, don't do this surgery. It's not even worth 10% of the risk. Talk to a psychologist instead and forget about this forum.

crimsontide

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2015, 11:31:11 PM »

gotta agree...

height for women is just not that important... even at 5 feet... many women who are famous and considered beautiful are around 5 feet... unless the woman is 4'5, then surgery is just a bad idea imo

ReadRothbard

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2015, 12:05:15 AM »

I am short girl and I am reluctant to do it due to
Its Risk and  :-\
Scared of having much lower self esteem if I am on crutches or
Disable.
I know I have to be positive but this kind of surgery is scary to me.
And the pain is scary. I dont know.

Why do you want ll? It can't be for dating.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2015, 12:58:22 AM »

it's not beneficial for women at all in any shape way or form.

completely ignorant and incorrect. you don't know what your talking about.

height is so much more important for men than women, but don't think for 1 second that women don't need to be a certain height also to not get boat loads of discrimination. 4"11 is tini. at 4"11 you can forget about that promotion, you can forget about people not trying to take advantage over you, at 4"11 you can forget about people not trying to treat you as a pushover, or act domineering, or treat you as a child, or be the constant ridicule of jokes for being short.

no sir you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. you only understand height and how it relates to men.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2015, 01:05:05 AM »

Yeah, but while height is beneficial for men, it's not beneficial for women at all in any shape way or form.

Unless they're really a midget, which is not your case. The list of successful women who are 4'11 and under is a very long one.

From the dating point of view, short women have a wider selection of men, since both short and tall men go crazy for short girls.

So really, don't do this surgery. It's not even worth 10% of the risk. Talk to a psychologist instead and forget about this forum.
do not generalise

there are height requirements to be a model (except print), and also air stewardess, or military officer/police officer, at least in Singapore

I think it is better for women to be of a certain stature to take up big positions (eg, the head of IMF, the French lady whats her name).. pierre Legrand? shes 178

LifeReloaded

• height is life
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2015, 01:23:03 AM »

I personally love short girls, my ex was 5'1 ;) and I'm 5'8.

Give yourself time to really think about this more. If you truly believe you will be happier after the surgery and are willing to go through it then no one's stopping you

starting height: 172.2 cm (5'8")

galaxy1

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2015, 07:19:00 AM »

No question, being short does have an affect on some woman at varying degrees. It may not necessarily be an extreme problem for all short woman. I just know that being short has affected me more than anyone could ever imagine.

sadboy

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2015, 08:23:47 AM »

Guys, it's not nice saying that her height is fine when in fact it isn't. She is short, not gonna lie about that and she has every right to hate it and want to change it. I know how she feels, and it doesn't matter if she is a woman and I'm a man. The suffering can be the same even if society treats the two sexes differently when it comes to height.

Disobedient

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2015, 01:13:01 PM »

people who say she is not short, like really! how short should she get more than that ..!
4'11 is extremely short .. in fact as far from what I know girls under 150cm consider to have sort of disability ..! and that will be writing down in her medical record, well in her case she just 0.5 cm above that.

opsycat

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2015, 01:28:00 PM »

4,11 is short but how about surgery very risky and
could lead to disability that to me more worse than being short. what do you think.
yes I want to be taller and change my life and this surgery can lead to a better life
job, happiness.I have always being treated like child and got bullied in school thats
why I want to be different not lower than others. :(

KrP1

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2015, 01:50:29 PM »

hello opsycat, i think you are short and your life will improve with some cm more. The discrimination to mans is a lot bigger than to the womans for height reasons, a man of 5´5 has to deal with a lot more discrimination than you have at 4´11. But i think that you will have some benefits gaining some. maybe you could do 6cm in your tibias and after that if you have the time ,money and you want to do more, do your femurs  .

Disobedient

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2015, 01:51:26 PM »

4,11 is short but how about surgery very risky and
could lead to disability that to me more worse than being short. what do you think.
yes I want to be taller and change my life and this surgery can lead to a better life
job, happiness.I have always being treated like child and got bullied in school thats
why I want to be different not lower than others. :(

in very rare cases ,, you should just choose a component doctor ..and you'll be safe

GeTs

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2015, 02:20:38 PM »

in very rare cases ,, you should just choose a component doctor ..and you'll be safe
disability isn't a doctor's fault
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up