Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epidural Anesthesia  (Read 3542 times)

joax

Epidural Anesthesia
« on: January 15, 2015, 10:24:15 AM »

I just contacted a doctor who offers epidural anesthesia. Is it as awful as I think it can be?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Epidural Anesthesia
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 01:51:57 PM »

In what way?  I didn't find it awful at all.

joax

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 02:54:22 PM »

Like, are you awake through the whole process? I read that they can put you on a light sleep, but what if you wake up?

crimsontide

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 03:05:33 PM »

joax... i have news for you

they all do epiidurals, except the doctors in europe, and  the states... i'm guessing birkholtz does general as well

the drs in russia and india all do epidural from what I can gather....  the only thing i didnt like about  are the  injections... but its ok... youre awake, but not 100% alert... not a big deal, you can't feel anything

galaxy1

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 05:11:54 PM »

Never had a surgery before so general does scare me and would gladly choose the epidural and remain awake all throught the surgery, also have had epidural once before for labor/birth with no problems. Some have mentioned pain with the inital placement of the epidural but for me I don't remember any such pain. Well, maybe the one problem is when the epidural had come off my back after it is taped on to your back and it had come loose, I was told anyway.

Disobedient

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 12:39:45 PM »

You won't feel anything, and they will give you something for sleeping ,, I experienced both ,, and I definitely rooting for general
with Epidural: you will awake several time (not that you'll feel pain) but you may have shivering or so + I hate this long injection + it's bother me a lot after the surgery,, like you can't sleep very well because you "think" you feel the needle (actually there is no needle !)

Overdozer

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 12:52:22 PM »

I had both epidural and general. With general I took a needle in my vein and then woke up with no pain at all, stood up and walked to the toilet right away. With epidural I was awake through the whole procedure though they gave me some medication but it only made me sleepy - hard to actually sleep when your legs are being butchered idk. After the surgery the anesthesia started to fade away and I had a huge pain syndrome even with the painkillers. When I tried to sit down, my head almost exploded - I think they call it 'post dural puncture headache' and it continued for like a week.

tldr: fk epidural anesthesia
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

joax

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 08:57:57 PM »

Are there any disadvantages to general anesthesia? Or why do some doctors do epidural?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 08:59:54 PM »

Are there any disadvantages to general anesthesia?

You might not wake up.

GeTs

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 11:00:24 PM »

You might not wake up.
or long term memory dysfunction

ItsMyLife

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2015, 12:04:26 AM »

chill, when I did with dr bagirov, I requested anesthesiologist to do prophylactic oxygen and propofol for 1 minute. I became unconscious for one minute while they inserted the needle. when I woke up the surgery was going on, they wanted inject more propofol but I said no. I dozed off, probably I was tired, or they injected some sleeping medicine as I did not feel any propofol go into my veins (propofl will give a cold feeling); perks of studying medicine ;)

anyway or how, the kind russian girl who did the surgery a few days  later, i told her and she also requested propofol

joax

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2015, 09:05:44 AM »

or long term memory dysfunction

I did some research and that appears to occur mostly on patients over the age of 60. Rarely on patients aged 30-40 and almost never on patients under 30.

joax

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2015, 09:12:50 AM »

But who knows, the effect might just be milder on younger patients. A huge reason to do epidural that I was unaware of IMHO.
Pages: [1]   Go Up