Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are my plans realistics?  (Read 3943 times)

SpaniardHobbit

• Visitor
Are my plans realistics?
« on: January 14, 2015, 03:35:36 AM »

Hi guys. I've been thinking about LL for years, since due to some medication i had to take, my height stop growing at 16 y.o.

I'm currently 5'6''  / 167cm. 23 y.o.

I'm planning to save as much money as i can, in order to not being a problem in case of looking for the best doctor.

The problem is that i love sports. And i would like to do some of them for my entire life.

I assume that doing LL i will limit ate my body a lot in this aspect. I have think about it and i will do this sacrifice.

But i want to minimize that impact.

I'm planing on doing 3cm (1,5'') on tibias and 5cm (2'') on femur.

With that i would be 175cm / 5'9'' and that will be enough for me.

Do you think that with that lenghtening, is possible to get a small impact?

ItsMyLife

Re: Are my plans realistics?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 03:44:54 AM »

what sports do u do?

acc to my doc, basketball and soccer are fine, after 2 years post-op... ur athletic ability will be similar..

i think if ur not on a professional (national) level, it should be fine!

LL will impact ur body in many ways,

instead of two operations, why not consider 8 cm tibia? or7 cm.

u can speak to dr bagirov in russia, he is very confident. so far my process with him is smooth and i am confident to regain 100% or get more atheltic ability (since i will be training using plyometrics)

femur operation will be painful more painful than tibia.

also prepare about $5 k more in case ... u really need the extra $.

im almost 3 cm tibia and i feel i can recover 100%. because, the real pains havent started..

pretty much painless now. tibia, i think people encounter probs at 5 cm.

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 03:49:31 AM »

I'm planing on doing 3cm (1,5'') on tibias and 5cm (2'') on femur.

terrible plan.

Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

SpaniardHobbit

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 04:39:58 AM »

what sports do u do?

acc to my doc, basketball and soccer are fine, after 2 years post-op... ur athletic ability will be similar..

i think if ur not on a professional (national) level, it should be fine!

LL will impact ur body in many ways,

instead of two operations, why not consider 8 cm tibia? or7 cm.

u can speak to dr bagirov in russia, he is very confident. so far my process with him is smooth and i am confident to regain 100% or get more atheltic ability (since i will be training using plyometrics)

femur operation will be painful more painful than tibia.

also prepare about $5 k more in case ... u really need the extra $.

im almost 3 cm tibia and i feel i can recover 100%. because, the real pains havent started..

pretty much painless now. tibia, i think people encounter probs at 5 cm.

I do hikking, boxing, running and sometimes i play basketball and other things, but always at amateur level

I only do sports to enjoy, so i won't be sad if my performance gets a bit worse as long as i can keep doing that things..

I thought that is easier to fully recover in the long run splitting the lengthening in both femur+tibia, but i'm not sure yet...

I have been researching a bit and i have in mind to do 3+4cm with Alex Monegal, because he is in the city where i live
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=734.0

But of course i will keep researching

thank you a lot for your answer!

SpaniardHobbit

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 04:40:16 AM »

terrible plan.
why do you think that my friend?

ReadRothbard

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 06:08:30 AM »

lol you are fine, man. Plenty of people have lengthen far more than you plan to lengthen, and they are playing sports just fine. Here is a study that you might be interested in:

http://www.bjj.boneandjoint.org.uk/content/87-B/10/1402.full
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

TomD

• Private
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 07:53:55 AM »

I dont think its a terrible plan to do 3cm then 5cms but to be honest it seems like a wasted opportunity.

If you are going to pay travel to a foreign country, pay tens of thousands of dollars to break your legs, and then go through a difficult rehab, you might as well make it worth your while.

I wouldnt bust my legs for anything less than 2 inches and I would prefer 3 inches per operation.

Once you have your legs broken you will probably go for at least 2 inches each upper and lower segments.

Uppland

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 11:42:58 AM »

I think you could do 5+4Cm or even 6+5 ,if you're feeling adventerous, and if you do everything right and employ a good doctor it's not inconceivable that you will recover to a level very close of your pre-op self only 9CM taller. However remember that few people have the time, money and willpower to do two surgeries. Good luck.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 06:44:20 PM »

If you are going to feel satisfied with splitting two inches between two segments, then you should do it. Just realize that you'll essentially be paying a lot more money per cm than others. However, you'll heal much faster than those who do a lot more and probably won't run into any issues like equinus. Honestly, it's better than having an "I won't do anything less than two or three inches because xyz" mentality.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

GeTs

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 07:13:43 PM »

If you are going to feel satisfied with splitting two inches between two segments, then you should do it. Just realize that you'll essentially be paying a lot more money per cm than others. However, you'll heal much faster than those who do a lot more and probably won't run into any issues like equinus. Honestly, it's better than having an "I won't do anything less than two or three inches because xyz" mentality.
I lold at xyz

Joel

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 09:06:04 PM »

4cm tibia 5cm femur do whatever one is longer don't do femur first if your tibs aren't long lol
5'5 manlet of peace

GeTs

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 09:45:29 PM »

179 is a good number to achieve. Go for it
Pages: [1]   Go Up