Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: does pain and sleep get worse as u approach from 1 inch (2.5cm) to 2 inch/3inch?  (Read 2122 times)

ItsMyLife

does pain and sleep get worse as u approach from 1 inch (2.5cm) to 2 inch/3inch?
im kinda worried.....!
cos I asked my doctor to draw a graph.
pain vs time.
and apparently the pain peaks at your target length (for me, 8 cm)....
its an exponential graph..
so if u can stand the pain at 4 cm... its not much difference until 8 cm..
so yea...does the pain level increase for u? from 1 inch to 2-3 inch, ie, from 2.5 cm to 5-8 cm did it get worse.. and how much worse
what did ur doctor do? give you different painkillers?

afonso

My experience the pain was retatively constant especially if you take pain killers on a regular basis which I did.  Sleep and flexability are other matters.  Sleep was never good during the LL process and as you mentioned got progressively worse.  My goal like yourself was 8cm. When I hit the 5 cm mark sleep
became a real issue.  from 5-7CM couldn't sleep for longer than 2-3 hours straight needed to take naps to reach the magic 8 hours.  The last couple of weeks to 8CM was torture couldn't sleep for longer than 1 hr straight.  My days were a string of cat naps.  As for flexability probably don't need to tell you its a constant struggle to maintain some semblance of mobility.  I was stretching after each LL session and played catchup through out the entire process.  I'm 4wks into my consolidation phase and am still working on getting my legs straight.   

ItsMyLife

My experience the pain was retatively constant especially if you take pain killers on a regular basis which I did.  Sleep and flexability are other matters.  Sleep was never good during the LL process and as you mentioned got progressively worse.  My goal like yourself was 8cm. When I hit the 5 cm mark sleep
became a real issue.  from 5-7CM couldn't sleep for longer than 2-3 hours straight needed to take naps to reach the magic 8 hours.  The last couple of weeks to 8CM was torture couldn't sleep for longer than 1 hr straight.  My days were a string of cat naps.  As for flexability probably don't need to tell you its a constant struggle to maintain some semblance of mobility.  I was stretching after each LL session and played catchup through out the entire process.  I'm 4wks into my consolidation phase and am still working on getting my legs straight.

afonso, thats unfortunate..
whats ur lengthening rate?? maybe you lengthened too fast??
doesnt your pain get much better once you stop lengthening?
did you do exfix? tibia?
did you have mobility issues at 2.5 cm? or did it develop more at 5 cm +
thanks for letting me know what is up in store for me.......
kinda worried now :D haha

afonso

afonso, thats unfortunate..
whats ur lengthening rate?? maybe you lengthened too fast??
doesnt your pain get much better once you stop lengthening?
did you do exfix? tibia?
did you have mobility issues at 2.5 cm? or did it develop more at 5 cm +
thanks for letting me know what is up in store for me.......
kinda worried now :D haha

Answers to your question
I lengthened femurs using Precice II
Rate:  1mm per day - except 2 weeks that I did 1.33 mm to stave off dr's fear of preconsolidation
Mobilty issues after 5cm until then was still flexible

I hope I didn't scare you but its important to go into this with eyes wide open.  LL isn't a walk in the park but with commitment and hard work very doable. 
If you start reading peoples diary everyone faces some issues but for the most part reach their goals and are happy with the outcome.  For me would still do it again in a heart beat That is saying a lot my pain is still very fresh ;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up