Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do shoe lifts actually decrease height?  (Read 8076 times)

LifeReloaded

• height is life
Do shoe lifts actually decrease height?
« on: January 11, 2015, 12:03:33 AM »

Is it true that lift inserts will gradually decrease your height? or is this just a false rumor being spread around?
starting height: 172.2 cm (5'8")

joax

Re: Do shoe lifts actually decrease height?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 12:35:33 AM »

Is that even a serious question? Of course it's false. Nothing can make you taller/shorter except night/day variations, old age and LL.

Moubgf

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 12:53:19 AM »

Yes its true, The new axis that you develop will be disasterous to your spine, And it will begin to compress your vertabre if you begin to use them too much and too much sprint walking with your taller friends mostly muscle tension is the cause for the damage on the spine.
Also you will become more modest around your friends because you dont want to make it to apparent that you are almost eyelevel with them so you will have to develop hunchback posture temoporarily when standing in obvious sherlock positions.
And at nights out, i bet you use shoe lifts +long times standing and stumbling around creating some strainous pressure on your neck and calves. Men being heavier in torso then women will become apparent when you stand long hours. Also add dehydration. You halfway to Osteoporosis.

So i say use them how much you want now when you just got them, the height increase is addictive and will give you positive social feedback you wont belive it. But when the pain & addiction becomes to much. you stop and step down back to normal lifts used for bad knees like i do now. I feel fine now. But i enjoyed the "heighted" times. But after a while you understand that LL is only solution to a permanent problem.

LifeReloaded

• height is life
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 01:03:12 AM »

Yes its true, The new axis that you develop will be disasterous to your spine, And it will begin to compress your vertabre if you begin to use them too much and too much sprint walking with your taller friends mostly muscle tension is the cause for the damage on the spine.
Also you will become more modest around your friends because you dont want to make it to apparent that you are almost eyelevel with them so you will have to develop hunchback posture temoporarily when standing in obvious sherlock positions.
And at nights out, i bet you use shoe lifts +long times standing and stumbling around creating some strainous pressure on your neck and calves. Men being heavier in torso then women will become apparent when you stand long hours. Also add dehydration. You halfway to Osteoporosis.

So i say use them how much you want now when you just got them, the height increase is addictive and will give you positive social feedback you wont belive it. But when the pain & addiction becomes to much. you stop and step down back to normal lifts used for bad knees like i do now. I feel fine now. But i enjoyed the "heighted" times. But after a while you understand that LL is only solution to a permanent problem.

Hmmm I guess it makes sense. My achilles does feel a little funny whenever I take off the shoes. I'll use them less and save them for parties or other social gatherings.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 01:16:34 AM »

I think it shortens your achilles tendon or makes it harder for it to stretch if you wear lifts a lot. I tried them a few times but my achilles would hurt like hell after a long day of wearing them and I didn't think they were worth the pain.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

joax

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 01:19:08 AM »

Bunch of bull .

Outgrown

• "Long enough to touch the ground" -Abraham Lincoln
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 02:02:35 AM »

I made my own elevator shoes out of roshe runs, gel inserts, and foam padding - It makes the angle tolerable and gives me a good 3 inches without any suspicion. Plus, I am able to play sports and do everything just fine, but it sucks to realize that you're false advertising.

Reading the spine thing, I don't feel as if that's too major of a decrease in height compared to increase of pain. Although, women wear high heels, not men...
5"6 and proud

Moubgf

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 02:41:07 AM »

Bunch of bullcrap.

wear them for 4-5 years. then talk.

"i have"
bitch no you have not.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 04:09:27 AM »

trolling..
I have worn lifts (1-3 inches) for like 7 years, and I only got taller lmao
(I gained 1-2 cm from yoga and glucosamine).
and yes that's evening height, so no diurnal variation issues...

Moubgf

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 04:22:49 AM »

trolling..

glucosamine is a scam. Who belives that stuff..

LifeReloaded

• height is life
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 04:23:17 AM »

trolling..

did your achilles adjust to the discomfort over time? I recently started wearing them.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2015, 04:36:02 AM »

glucosamine is a scam. Who belives that stuff..
haha troll. there was a Canadian study, 750 mg glucosamine taken twice a day, increases height by 0.6 cm.

I did try it, and yes 0.6 cm. lol

its a clinical study

ItsMyLife

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2015, 04:36:47 AM »

did your achilles adjust to the discomfort over time? I recently started wearing them.
I never had any discomfort to begin with.....
not much perhaps
but maybe im just flexible

tx1111

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2015, 06:59:26 AM »

Ive been wearing them for about 7 years. It does feel like it puts pressure kn my spine,knees and tendon. I have been feelong this for a while but I think my mind is incapable of accepting my natural height. One of the main reasons I am not delaying LL.

Moubgf

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2015, 07:40:45 AM »

haha troll. there was a Canadian study, 750 mg glucosamine taken twice a day, increases height by 0.6 cm.

I did try it, and yes 0.6 cm. lol

its a clinical study

Oh its a clinical study..0.6 cm right?

ItsMyLife

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2015, 09:59:57 AM »

Oh its a clinical study..0.6 cm right?

yes

but ur partly right, its nothing much! 0.6 cm only.

if u want, take it for 8 weeks. u will grow 0.6 cm on ur spine

endomorphisme

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2015, 04:28:33 PM »

does it decrease your height if you wear too much lifts?
There is a user on celebheight, robv, who is used to wearing massive to be 8 or 10 cm taller ( he is 6'2" barefoot...)
I don't remember him mentioning problems with lifts, and he has been wearing them for years.

Bruno Mars

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2015, 02:21:57 PM »

The Glucosamine stuff is to strengthen the cartilage therefore prevent more height loss in your spine. From what I read, its between 0.2-0.4 cm

programdude

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2015, 03:03:05 PM »

Either way... Screw shoe lifts. You never actually feel like you are the height they bring you to, and large amounts feel/look ridiculous. For me at least they heightened my body image issues as the whole process of wearing them felt goofy, and doing something so crude to circumvent an issue just made that issue all the more prevalent in my mind.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +
Pages: [1]   Go Up