Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please give some advice guy  (Read 6786 times)

zioon

• Visitor
Please give some advice guy
« on: January 09, 2015, 04:19:41 AM »

Base on the attached X-Ray, do you guys recommend bone grafting?
Does it seem like a Non-union?

Fyi, is already 4 month plus since the first day i started lengthening. As you can see from the xray, there is a big black hole. i have removed the fixator.
I did LON to fix my 5cm discrepancy on my left femur.

If you guys encounter this, what will you do or ask doctor?

Please advice so that i can talk to my doctor next week.

thanks whoever that advice me. appreciate it.

Smallguy

Re: Please give some advice guy
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 05:29:46 AM »

Looks very hallow.

If it was leg discrepancy, why didn't you do it in your home country which could be covered by medical plan (assuming you're from North America).

If I were you..

First of all, I would ask for my doctor's opinion... assuming you have chosen a trusted doctor.

Secondly, you need to beef up those calcium tablets and anti-oxidant like there is no tomorrow. Minimized animal products because they are acidic and de-mineralized your calcium level.

Thirdly, do some light exercises to make sure that bloods and nutrients circulate up the thigh area. Do 200 sit-ups 4-5 times per day. Make sure that you are not obsessed or fat because your bad health will hinder your recovery.

And lastly, ask your doctor and pray that it won't be non-union. Otherwise, it will take a longer time to get fixed. Well, I don't have experience with bone grafting and neither does anybody here... your doctor should know. But if it works and you have the means to do it.. and it's safe.. then you should do it.
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 05:42:17 AM »

Your doc should be the go-to for advice, but you could try e-mailing some of the doctors in the doctor directory here to see if they'll give you some free medical advice, if only a suggestion.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

ItsMyLife

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 06:12:20 AM »

try emailing the korean doc..

they do the stem cell injection.. heard it helps.

do they inject into the bone or IV?

zioon

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 06:15:42 AM »

Your doc should be the go-to for advice, but you could try e-mailing some of the doctors in the doctor directory here to see if they'll give you some free medical advice, if only a suggestion.

Hi KiloKAHN, yup I know I should seek advice from my doctor.  The current doctor that I'm seeing suggest that I should wait for a few month If there is no improvement than bone graft will be needed. I also went to see another doctor which is quite famous in my country and he suggest to do bone graft as early as possible as he said to me that base on the xray I have high possible that I have to do bone graft in the end. This famous doctor charge this kind of surgery expensive so I can only stick to my current doctor.

Was think you guy can give me some advice to question my current doctor when i go for my next appointment.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 06:33:22 AM »

bone graft from where???

zioon

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 06:38:02 AM »

bone graft from where???

You mean where to get bone for bone grafting? From my hip bone

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 07:47:42 AM »

hey im not sure.

but that second x ray. it looks like the bottom of the pic is not connected properly.

I don't really know enough about x rays to know what it means?

anyone else?

it just looks like its broken????? shouldn't it line up?
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

Disobedient

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 08:37:48 AM »

I have had bone graft, it will take about 6 weeks to see the result ..
here is the thing,, if you allowed to walk then try that and give it some time.. then consider bone graft if you didn't see any improvement  ..

4months it's not really long time .. but I don't see good  callus formation too, this is just my opinion .. consult a doctor.

Disobedient

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 08:40:47 AM »

hey im not sure.

but that second x ray. it looks like the bottom of the pic is not connected properly.

anyone else?

Yeah I noticed that too !!

Disobedient

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2015, 08:50:12 AM »

try emailing the korean doc..

they do the stem cell injection.. heard it helps.

do they inject into the bone or IV?

you mean bone marrow injection ?, I'm not sure about that , I tried it and my doctor told me it make my bone more solid, but I didn't see a huge/visible  improvement in x-ray or even ct scan, so we proceed to bone graft ...

with bone marrow injection you have to wait 8 weeks then do the second one if you needed it again .. 8weeks is really long time. per in your mind that you may need to take it again ..

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2015, 09:13:09 AM »

you need to have a blood test for calcium.

doctors are retarded. if you have a high blood calcium they then tell you that your diet is fine.

the truth is that if your calcium blood level is good(high) then you need boron, which will cause the parra thyroid to then uptake the calcium into the bones.

the problem with western society is they take massive amount of calcium and no boron, they then cant uptake the calcium into the bones because they are not secreting the hormones from the parra thyroid. if you have any arthritis this will cure it also.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

zioon

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2015, 09:24:32 AM »

hey im not sure.

anyone else?

Hi, yes it broke. This was done to fix the alignment. Previously my leg was pointed out. But now is straight.

zioon

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2015, 09:35:39 AM »

I have had bone graft, it will take about 6 weeks to see the result ..
here is the thing,, if you allowed to walk then try that and give it some time.. then consider bone graft if you didn't see any improvement  ..

4months it's not really long time .. but I don't see good  callus formation
too, this is just my opinion .. consult a doctor.

Which type of bone graft you done? Allograft?  At first my doctor plan to do bone graft for me. But at the very last minutes he change his mind Cause he afraid of infection. After that he say will need to monitor for a few more month than decide. I went to consult another 2nd doctor which I trusted and he  suggest to do bone graft as the X-ray show no Good callus forming. I can't do with this 2nd doctor because the fee is very high:(

Can i know after how long your doctor decide to do bone graft for you?

Disobedient

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2015, 10:38:31 AM »

Which type of bone graft you done? Allograft?  At first my doctor plan to do bone graft for me. But at the very last minutes he change his mind Cause he afraid of infection. After that he say will need to monitor for a few more month than decide. I went to consult another 2nd doctor which I trusted and he  suggest to do bone graft as the X-ray show no Good callus forming. I can't do with this 2nd doctor because the fee is very high:(

Can i know after how long your doctor decide to do bone graft for you?

infection hmmmm how long you have been off the frame ?

hmm well I had my ll surgery 24th sep 13, and I had bone marrow injection in July,2014, 2 or 3 months after that I had bone graft ..
I used BMPs, but Autograft is better as it has high chance to succeed since it's obtain from you  iliac crest

zioon

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2015, 11:00:28 AM »

infection hmmmm how long you have been off the frame ?

hmm well I had my ll surgery 24th sep 13, and I had bone marrow injection in July,2014, 2 or 3 months after that I had bone graft ..
I used BMPs, but Autograft is better as it has high chance to succeed since it's obtain from you  iliac crest

the actual planning was to remove frame and bone graft at the same operation. But my doctor say he afriad of infection so I only go ahead to remove the frame. Wow, so your whole procedure took more than a year?

Next week Is my appointment, maybe I will talk to  my doctor to do bone graft for me. If bone graft won't do me any harm and it will make the bone heal I rather do it as soon as possible. Rather than spend so many month waiting and the end I still have to do bone grafting.

alps

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2015, 11:27:36 AM »

Minimized animal products because they are acidic and de-mineralized your calcium level.

What did you mean? Couldn't follow.

Smallguy

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2015, 04:03:30 AM »

What did you mean? Couldn't follow.

There is alkaline food and there is acid-forming food. Alkaline forming foods are leafy vegetables, quinoa, and... I think that's it. Acid-forming foods are usually animal by product like milk, cheese, meat, ice cream, chicken, alcohol and bunch of other good stuffs. When you consume acid-forming food, your body has to compensate by demineralizing your bone to balance your body PH level. Your body can only function properly at a certain PH level. That's why they say that osteoporosis disease, low bone mass and deterioration of bone tissue, is more common in countries where their citizen consume a high quantity of animal products, like milk, yogurt and dairy products.

Beside being good for the bone, alkaline forming food is also good for your skin, reduces acne and improve skin tone.

This is as basic as my English gets. If you still don't get me, let me know.
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2015, 07:41:43 AM »

small guy that's actually not exactly true. raw organic unpasteurized milk does not leach from other bones. but yes for pasteurized milk a large percentage acts differently because the milk is changed on the molecular level during pasteurization . which also leads to inappropriate uptake of calcium to wrong areas.

the effects you describe all correlate for pasteurized milk only. all animal studies also show bone mass and callus formation during lengthening phase to double and take half the time to form.

another note:
the actual planning was to remove frame and bone graft at the same operation.

forgive me if I misunderstand but if they are removing the frame to do this graft......... then that is really fked up. no frame = no alignment. and no legs. what do they plan on doing exactly?
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

Disobedient

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2015, 11:08:52 AM »

another note:
forgive me if I misunderstand but if they are removing the frame to do this graft......... then that is really fked up. no frame = no alignment. and no legs. what do they plan on doing exactly?

He meant removing the external fixator after distraction phase , and he already have nail inside. so I don't see why would he has to worry about the alignment !

zioon

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2015, 11:50:57 AM »

small guy that's actually not exactly true. raw organic unpasteurized milk does not leach from other bones. but yes for pasteurized milk a large percentage acts differently because the milk is changed on the molecular level during pasteurization . which also leads to inappropriate uptake of calcium to wrong areas.

the effects you describe all correlate for pasteurized milk only. all animal studies also show bone mass and callus formation during lengthening phase to double and take half the time to form.

another note:

As what Disobedient post, my alignment is fine as I have a nail inside.

Anyway I got some advice from other doctor I found in his forum and they suggesting that my nail is to short. I have to change to a longer nail for stabilty and bone graft.

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2015, 01:07:50 PM »

doctors are not allowed to take off the frames until enough bone callus has formed.

the frames must stay on until you consolidate more. your internal rod is not strong enough.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2015, 01:13:14 PM »

your doctors scare the crap out of me to be honest.

they sound very inexperienced.

I have a question.

you said that the massively bent/distorted section at the lower end of the bone in the second picture was to correct alignment.

........... why the hell didn't they correct the alignment at the segment they are distracting?? why the hell would they do this?

did they break 2 sections?

on the second section how is it held in place?

if its not held in place by a frame.......... how exactly can you walk?

Nope, 20cm is just nope.

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2015, 01:19:21 PM »

please outline your diet in detail for a typical day of eating. and the supplements you take.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

zioon

• Visitor
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2015, 02:21:15 PM »

your doctors scare the crap out of me to be honest.

they sound very inexperienced.

I have a question.

you said that the massively bent/distorted section at the lower end of the bone in the second picture was to correct alignment.

........... why the hell didn't they correct the alignment at the segment they are distracting?? why the hell would they do this?

did they break 2 sections?

on the second section how is it held in place?

if its not held in place by a frame.......... how exactly can you walk?

Yes, my doctor break 2 section. 1st section is for lengthening and the 2nd section is for alignment . From what my doctor told me, my dis-alignment started from the 2nd section and that Why he have to break there and re-alignment. but the 2nd section had already heal as shown in the xray. Is already 4 month ++

You have the point though. I'm also worry without anything to support the 2nd section will It break in future If I put weight on it . Anyway next week will be going back for review. I will check with my doctor:)

Yes. I also feel that this doctor quite inexperience. I will talk to him again and see what is he respond. Maybe will consider changing another doctor.

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2015, 06:29:28 AM »

you need to send emails(showing your x-rays) to a few different doctors and ask them the same questions I asked you.

paley, gitchet, pariah.

ask them why your doctor did not change the angle at the lengthening break and is this appropriate or wrong method.

ask them should you remove the external frame if there is no callus.

ask them what should you do from here on.

I have a feeling I know what they will say. but seriously stop trusting your doctors right now. im not saying that they cant fix you but they seem to have no idea. what to do.

if anything removing the internal will promote bone growth. as internals inhibit callus formation.

SERIOUSLY CALL THEESE DOCTORS (VIA EMAIL). 
before you do anything get a second and third opinion on 1)what they have already done and 2) what they plan to do.

also how many months did you sy you were into this? and when did you stop weight bearing with like a walker.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2015, 06:32:38 AM »

what is your diet????????????

breakfast?
lunch?
dinner?
supplements?
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

Pages: [1]   Go Up