Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: for those concerned with athletic abilities.....  (Read 1287 times)

ItsMyLife

for those concerned with athletic abilities.....
« on: January 09, 2015, 01:38:03 AM »

dr bagirov says u can resume and return full athletic strength if u do PT and folllow recommendations..!
even after my surgery, even after paying money, he says 7 cm and 8 cm is OK. u will resume athletic strength!
anyway studies have shown there is a slight decrease in muscular power and stuff.
but, there is plyometric training.
my question is, since plyometric trg can help basketballers jump much much higher and be much more agile, wont this plyometrics training help?
they stretch and lengthen muscles, and make them more explosive and powerful.
anyway my friend is a soccer player, she done tibia too 5 cm and dr bagoriv similarly told her can resume atheltic abilities.

Uppland

Re: for those concerned with athletic abilities.....
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 02:34:10 AM »

Do you trust your doctors advice?

Maybe get a second opinion, although I've never heard of the training you talk of before I'm sure it can't hurt.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 02:47:14 AM »

Do you trust your doctors advice?

Maybe get a second opinion, although I've never heard of the training you talk of before I'm sure it can't hurt.

its very common sets of exercise for basketballers to jump higher and be more agile..
im sure personal trainers are aware too....
but that must be after the frames are removed + another 12 months!
getting a second op from my ortho..
why would he lie to me? after sugery i asked, 7 cm or 8 cm. if he knew there was a problem with me doing 8 cm he would have said..
that being said, i am quite flexible, and i have not lost any dorsiflexion or knee angle at 2.3 cm....
fakhri says im their first patient that is so flexible.. and didnt develop any problems with knee or ankle dorsiflexion

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 07:03:26 AM »

have you had your 1 month x ray?

also did you use a computer to measure the distance in the bone gap?

remember the frame is above the table slightly this can account for inaccurate measurements on bone gap according to studies.

the extra distance from the table will make the bone gap appear slightly longer.

how much was the bone gap when you measured compared to the amount you lengthened.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."
Pages: [1]   Go Up