Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What ratio is best?  (Read 1145 times)

Moose

What ratio is best?
« on: January 06, 2015, 01:11:44 PM »

im thinking about doing tibias over here http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=59.0 at the Russian Ilizarov Scientific Center ( Kurgan, Russia) but only doing like 3.6 or 3.8 on my tibias. Im currently 5'5 on a good day and 5'4.5 on a bad day and basically i srsly want to retain as much as my athletic ability as possible because i am honestly ridiculously fast and currently i can spike a volleyball so i got some pretty good ups. Later on i may do 5.2 to 5.4 on my femurs internally but that's gonna cost a pretty penny. I want to know what ratio is best when lengthening both sections of the leg. I heard you should try and hit the 80% mark between the 2 to keep a good proportion. I am not trying to be greedy with my height i know some of you would tell me to go further like the max being 10cm but i want to play it very safe as sports and working out is my life.

I'm just trying to go for 5'8 and with shoes on i guess i will be 5'9 which i personally find as my favorite height.
Mod Note: Currently Banned for violating rules

paco1

Re: What ratio is best?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 01:55:26 PM »

I think you can 5 cm. This goal is very safe.

Shor7Guy

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 02:19:09 PM »

I'd like to know this too as I am splitting 10cm with external tibia and internal femur and dont know which ratio to get best recovery for athleticism

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 02:54:45 PM »

I'd like to know this too as I am splitting 10cm with external tibia and internal femur and dont know which ratio to get best recovery for athleticism
According to Paley Maximum safe numer is
8cm for femur 6 cm for tibia
But dont go to max number
Just play safe to 75percent of this number each sections
Imo 6 cm for femur and 4.5 cm is very safe for each sections.

And anything over 10.5cm is opviously dispropotion.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 11:22:11 PM »

I've read a study about cosmetic leg lengthening patients lengthening their tibia to 7-8 cm and fully recovering their function.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon
Pages: [1]   Go Up