Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What's the deal with Dr. Guichet?  (Read 10325 times)

ReadRothbard

What's the deal with Dr. Guichet?
« on: January 02, 2015, 01:10:19 AM »

I've heard from a few people on the forums that he's raised his price from €44,000 to €65,000. Is this true? I've been to his site, but it still lists the former price of €44,000. Has anyone talked to him about this?
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

programdude

Re: What's the deal with Dr. Guichet?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 02:17:56 AM »

Yellowspike should know the answer for sure.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

Kafka

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 03:02:43 PM »

This would be fkud up, he's my number one choice so far ...

sadboy

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 04:49:54 PM »

Personally I was disappointed with Dr. Guichet... Communicating with him was a pain and frustrating.

alps

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 06:44:38 PM »

Personally I was disappointed with Dr. Guichet... Communicating with him was a pain and frustrating.
why so?

sadboy

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 12:50:45 AM »

why so?

It's a long story, I don't know where to start. The fact that I was waiting ages for him to reply after contacting the clinic to tell him to get in touch with me. The clinic did answer after many days but he wouldn't help if I didn't pay the concultation. So I did pay but he answered in French!! After so long, I contacted him telling him to translate to me in english. If I write to you with a certain language, I expect you to answer me with that SPECIFIC language. Either way to summarise the whole thing, he sent me paperwork to do and I answered EVERY single question he wanted... But unfortunately after days of waiting for his reply constantly reminding him to reply to me he then tells me he needed an essay instead to satisfy his questions, even though the answers I gave him where pretty much explaining everything. Furthermore, after weeks of me reminding him that I will visit him since I PAID the consultation he then tells me the last minute to do a whole lot of tests, byscan test, xrays etc.. the day before. I told him that it was impossible for me since I don't have time. He didn't answer. I send him a message again, made sure it went, I checked my sent messages... Still no reply. I gave up on this guy, and this is just a summary of what happened. I don't care how busy he is. Paley is very busy too but he replies so fast even within that day, and I asked him sooo many questions and he replied all of them.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 03:15:03 AM »

Really? I sent him a message on his site and got an email back from him. It took a few weeks, but I did get a response.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

YellowSpike

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 08:42:29 PM »

Yellowspike should know the answer for sure.

Yeah. Prices have gone up. I can't divulge specifics or what I paid (rest assured, I paid a ton).... But his prices have gone up.

But the peace of mind and having him behind me is worth it. That's the only way I was able to go through with this. I could never trust anyone outside of Guichet, Paley or Rozbruch.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 09:08:00 PM »

Is it higher than €45,000?

Future space tycoon

YellowSpike

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 09:24:39 PM »

Is it higher than €45,000?

It most certainly is. And what added to it for me was the pre- training I had to do and cost of living in Milan and London.

If you do well on the Cybex test without pre training, that will save you money. My insurance will reimburse the various tests, X-rays, and some of the physical therapy, and my parents are gonna throw me a nice chunk. Plus, im still getting paid so I'm doing well within my means.

There's a lot of red tape to do LL with Guichet....but I believe it's worth it.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 10:45:52 PM »

I figure I'll probably have to spend about 60,0000 euros when I add in living expenses and such. I'll probably due fine on the cybex test.

Future space tycoon

programdude

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2015, 11:31:52 PM »

I figure I'll probably have to spend about 60,0000 euros when I add in living expenses and such. I'll probably due fine on the cybex test.
If its much more expensive than 45k euro like it sounds, thats probably very conservative estimate.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

ReadRothbard

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2015, 03:07:56 AM »

How much was it for just the surgery, nails, etc.?

Future space tycoon

TomD

• Private
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2015, 09:13:34 AM »

Forget Guichet, Dr Paley is about 110 miles from where I am but the @$#! charges 80 freaking grand.  >:(

YellowSpike

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2015, 10:22:52 AM »

My understanding is that Paleys starting cost is around 80/85K....but many have told me he ends up costing close to 100K when all is said and done.

What has killed me is the cost of living in London, which is very high. I know Guichet plans to operate on more and more patients here, so you may get hit with that too. Still not as extensive as Paleys "all-in" cost, but still very high and climbing.

My saving grace is still being able to get paid while I do this, and insurance will reimburse some of the various tests and my parents are gonna help a bit. Brings it down to around Dr M's base cost lol

ReadRothbard

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2015, 11:50:25 PM »

My understanding is that Paleys starting cost is around 80/85K....but many have told me he ends up costing close to 100K when all is said and done.

What has killed me is the cost of living in London, which is very high. I know Guichet plans to operate on more and more patients here, so you may get hit with that too. Still not as extensive as Paleys "all-in" cost, but still very high and climbing.

My saving grace is still being able to get paid while I do this, and insurance will reimburse some of the various tests and my parents are gonna help a bit. Brings it down to around Dr M's base cost lol

If doctor Guichet really does start to be a little bitch about his prices, people are just going to start going to India for PRECICE lengthening. Plenty of doctors, such as Parihar and Suhas Shah, charge half of what these western doctors charge--and they are just as good.

Future space tycoon

YellowSpike

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2015, 08:59:17 AM »

If doctor Guichet really does start to be a little bitch about his prices, people are just going to start going to India for PRECICE lengthening. Plenty of doctors, such as Parihar and Suhas Shah, charge half of what these western doctors charge--and they are just as good.

Trust me bro...I know how you feel about the money aspect. No one wants to drop this kinda dough on a plastic surgery. And I'm older than you, and while still in good financial shape, by no means rich.

But I don't know how I'd have the peace of mind to do this outside of someone at least at Dr. M's level. But aside from avoiding Sarin at all costs, I'm not up on the other Indian doctors, so you could be right.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2015, 07:08:16 PM »

Dr. Sarin and Sringari are both quaks, but Dr. Suhas Shah and Dr. Parihar were both trained by Dr. Paley and Dr. M Catagni.

Future space tycoon

The Kaiser

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2016, 08:27:54 PM »

Ok guys please give us a specific answer, we know Dr Guichet rised his pride to 65000 Euros is it including housing (accommodations) or not?

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2016, 09:01:42 PM »

All LL doctors are moneymakers but Guichet is worth the price. If you try to save and go to the doctor in Spain (cheaper at first sight) you will have to spend much more at the end because nothing is included in the price (accomodation, PT...) and if you have complications you can finally spend 170k like Cooper for tibia or 100k like Musicmaker for femur. These people should have gone to Paley in the first place.
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2016, 09:33:09 PM »

Birkholtz and Parihar doesn't seem like moneymakers and they are both cheap.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2016, 09:40:05 PM »

Agree. Birkholtz is a great doctor, very honest, a great man. I know less about Parihar but he seems good too.
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

The Kaiser

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2016, 12:16:43 AM »

Guys lets talk about Dr Guichet here, what i know is that he will not charge for complications like what happened for hmmmm maybe Yellow? about cooper he did it with Dr pale, But i think he's doing very well. the problem about Guichet is that i don't know how much he charge in Milan? and does it include accommodation or not? please answer

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2016, 12:28:01 AM »

Guichet covers complications, for example Unicorn's case. Extra PT is also included. I don't know about accommodation. I think she's staying in her apartment.
Kaiser you haven't been reading the forum lately. Cooper had his femurs done with Paley. Everything went perfectly OK. Then he thought he could have his tibia done for more than half the price and went to Monegal. He went back to the States, he visited several doctors and they agreed the Spanish surgery was a disaster. He had to pay 150k to be fixed in the States.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2016, 12:30:11 AM »

Price doesn't include accomodation, rarely any doctor includes it in price list since you don't usually stay in the hospital but some hotel nearby.

The only thing covered is probably first week stay in hospital and that's it.

The Kaiser

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2016, 12:36:17 AM »

Thanks for the answers, ok its not include accommodation but do you know how much it cost? one website says 44000 EU and other said 65000 Euros, am lost actully

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2016, 12:39:39 AM »

It is very important that you consider the financial cost of this surgery before coming to Marseille. It is recommended that patients budget €58,000 to €65,500 depending on your spending habits and needs while living in France. Currently, the cost of the device itself makes up a large part of the total expenses, however, it is possible for those patients willing to book their surgery 11 months or more in advance and, making a full payment, obtaining 10% off of the cost of surgery. Please be sure to contact us for more information at: info@leglengtheningclinic.com

Taken from Guichet website, idk where you found the price of 44k.

Imho prepare yourself for 65k.

The Kaiser

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2016, 01:07:38 AM »

you know what? Guichet's answers are not very clear. there is a big different between 58000-65000. If its 58000 then i will spent the rest (7000 Euros) in housing and transport. so you know what i mean?

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2016, 01:23:40 AM »

Ye i get it, probably you should contact guichet clinic for the exact amount.

Shame that guichet is still using clicking nails doe. I know he is quite a name but ehh...

The Kaiser

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2016, 01:46:31 AM »

why does clicking have more complication or longer recovery?, or you mean its annoying only?

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2016, 01:52:46 AM »

Well both magnetic and clicking nails do their job.

Clicking nails tend to cause a bit bigger pain(but i'm not sure, it's purely based on people's diary) and that cringy mechanism...
It's just way more convenient to slap magnetic device on your leg and that's it.

And you can get Precise 2 lengthening cheaper than if you would go to Guichet. 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up