Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Planning for end 2015/early 2016  (Read 7285 times)

Dreamer

• Visitor
Planning for end 2015/early 2016
« on: January 01, 2015, 11:58:12 AM »

Happy new year everyone. I have been lurking on this forum for the past few years and have been researching on limb lengthening since 2013. I had stopped growing around the age of 18 and have always been my current height of 171cm.

Having short parents, I always knew I would be below/average height. My father is 5'6 and mother is less 5ft. I am Britsh born with an asian background and bred in the good old UK. I am university educated with a degree but working in retail atm. Not my ideal profession but I would love to break into modelling someday (being short doesnt really help).

Now my story: The past few years I have really been unhappy about my height. I knew from the start, I do not hold the 'tallness' genes from looking at my parents. All of my friends are tall in the region of 5'11 to 6'. Always, I mean always, both genders are taller than me. People at work, random strangers who I pass on the street, family members. It has always bothered me. And it doesnt help by being 60kg. I like being slim and ripped. If I had a few inches of height, I would be happy. I wouldnt be perfect; how does anyone define perfect really? I believe chasing what makes us happy makes us perfect. Thats what brought me to this site. I have read many diaries and i really appreciate the people who post regularly.

I have set a target of 6cm on my tibia's with external device. For the past 3 years I have been wearing an 3 inch hidden heal in my trainers and nobody knows about this. I have been measured as 176cm with my lifts in my shoes at a Boots pharmacy a few weeks ago. Not sure if these machines are always right. I am planning to leave or ask for unpaid leave from work at the end of 2015. But unsure which country or doctor to use. The UK is out the question as the NHS do not offer this and the USA/ western europe out of budget. I usually earn about £20K in British pounds ($31k in US and Euro 25K in today rates). The British pound has an excellent curreny exchange rate. I was ideally planning to go india either with Dr. Mangal Parihar or  Dr Suhas Shah. Or the Russian Ilizarov Scientific Center for Restorative Traumatology and Orthopaedics. My ideal place would be India but it would be damn hard to obtain a visa to travel. KiloKAHN was the one who helped me make my decision for Dr Parihar and if your reading this, I hope your well!

A few questions:

Would 6cm be noticeable?

I am really thin and with very slim tibia's. My tibia's are all bone really and with hardly any fat. I will post a image of my legs so you guys can see what i mean. Would having slim tibia's help in faster recovery and bone consolidation?

What would be the ideal norm for recovery and back to normal life after frame removal? My plan would be to lengthen, complete the bone consolidation and after I can walk properly again then to leave my host country? Will 8-9 months away from home be enough?

I do boxing and lift weights. Would love to carry on after lengthening? Some have said LL can affect sport performance? By keeping a safe limit of 5-6cm I should be ok?

If i travel to india, the only thing which concerns me is finding accommodation. Now, the surgery itself i can afford, the hassle would be spending a tonne of money on a hotel for 9 months. Plus living on my own and the food... Thats why I have Russian Ilizarov Scientific Center for Restorative Traumatology and Orthopaedics in my list as well. They offer accommodation in their package which can bring costs down.

Always Dreaming of Big Dreams...
Current height: 173cm Target: 178cm on tibia's

ramujp17

Re: Planning for end 2015/early 2016
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 01:34:51 PM »

hello there, nice to see your  enthusiasm buddy. if u r considering india then in my opinion maybe u can do the surgery with someone else at the same time and share the food and accommodation costs. i have to say the tourists coming to this country are usually ripped by the locals so i would say u a lot of research  about the place you are going to and try to have a companion with you as it will ease things up
current height-163 cm dream height-167 cm

Dreamer

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 02:08:34 PM »

hello there, nice to see your  enthusiasm buddy. if u r considering india then in my opinion maybe u can do the surgery with someone else at the same time and share the food and accommodation costs. i have to say the tourists coming to this country are usually ripped by the locals so i would say u a lot of research  about the place you are going to and try to have a companion with you as it will ease things up

Hi Ramu, thanks for the input. I wouldnt feel out of place in india as i am south asian myself but not indian. I know, understand and can speak hindi despite not being 100% fluent. Not really sure on how to find a companion but it will help in decreasing costs

Nicki

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 12:06:29 AM »

How much is the surgery in India? And is it the magnetic surgery you're  getting done? :)

Dreamer

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 12:51:48 AM »

Hi Niki, no I am not doing the Precise system. I am thinking of external device with efix if I have any misalignment. I know with external device, the frames have to be worn for 8-9 months. I am willing to sacrifice a few months for permanent height. External has the least problems and less likely to get knee problems. Thats if you chose a reputable doctor

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 02:23:36 AM »

Happy new year everyone. I have been lurking on this forum for the past few years and have been researching on limb lengthening since 2013. I had stopped growing around the age of 18 and have always been my current height of 171cm.

Having short parents, I always knew I would be below/average height. My father is 5'6 and mother is less 5ft. I am Britsh born with an asian background and bred in the good old UK. I am university educated with a degree but working in retail atm. Not my ideal profession but I would love to break into modelling someday (being short doesnt really help).

Now my story: The past few years I have really been unhappy about my height. I knew from the start, I do not hold the 'tallness' genes from looking at my parents. All of my friends are tall in the region of 5'11 to 6'. Always, I mean always, both genders are taller than me. People at work, random strangers who I pass on the street, family members. It has always bothered me. And it doesnt help by being 60kg. I like being slim and ripped. If I had a few inches of height, I would be happy. I wouldnt be perfect; how does anyone define perfect really? I believe chasing what makes us happy makes us perfect. Thats what brought me to this site. I have read many diaries and i really appreciate the people who post regularly.

I have set a target of 6cm on my tibia's with external device. For the past 3 years I have been wearing an 3 inch hidden heal in my trainers and nobody knows about this. I have been measured as 176cm with my lifts in my shoes at a Boots pharmacy a few weeks ago. Not sure if these machines are always right. I am planning to leave or ask for unpaid leave from work at the end of 2015. But unsure which country or doctor to use. The UK is out the question as the NHS do not offer this and the USA/ western europe out of budget. I usually earn about £20K in British pounds ($31k in US and Euro 25K in today rates). The British pound has an excellent curreny exchange rate. I was ideally planning to go india either with Dr. Mangal Parihar or  Dr Suhas Shah. Or the Russian Ilizarov Scientific Center for Restorative Traumatology and Orthopaedics. My ideal place would be India but it would be damn hard to obtain a visa to travel. KiloKAHN was the one who helped me make my decision for Dr Parihar and if your reading this, I hope your well!

A few questions:

Would 6cm be noticeable?

I am really thin and with very slim tibia's. My tibia's are all bone really and with hardly any fat. I will post a image of my legs so you guys can see what i mean. Would having slim tibia's help in faster recovery and bone consolidation?

What would be the ideal norm for recovery and back to normal life after frame removal? My plan would be to lengthen, complete the bone consolidation and after I can walk properly again then to leave my host country? Will 8-9 months away from home be enough?

I do boxing and lift weights. Would love to carry on after lengthening? Some have said LL can affect sport performance? By keeping a safe limit of 5-6cm I should be ok?

If i travel to india, the only thing which concerns me is finding accommodation. Now, the surgery itself i can afford, the hassle would be spending a tonne of money on a hotel for 9 months. Plus living on my own and the food... Thats why I have Russian Ilizarov Scientific Center for Restorative Traumatology and Orthopaedics in my list as well. They offer accommodation in their package which can bring costs down.

Hey Dreamer,

Welcome to the forum. 171 cm is a good starting height for one LL surgery to put you in the average range. Getting a visa for Russia seems to be pretty difficult to do right now, and more than one person has gotten into trouble for visa violations due to negligence of the clinics over there. Obtaining a medical visa for India is easy in comparison. You'll just need your GP to write something saying you are not prohibited from seeking treatment in India along with a letter from one of the doctors you wish to see saying that you are going there for treatment. Aside from that it's just a matter of filling in the application form online and sending in all your required documents.

As for your questions.

1) 6 cm is definitely noticeable in the tibias. I've received tons of comments about how long my legs look, and it's even noticeable to myself when looking at them.

2) Having thin tibias in itself isn't necessarily an advantage. On one hand, having thicker tibias apparently makes distraction hurt more because there's more tissue getting stretched. On the other, some doctors have told me that having a lot of muscle in the calves helps with circulation and aids in healing. You may have an easier time distracting than I did becuase your legs are thin.

3) With a gain of 6 cm, 9 months should be enough time to have your fixators removed. Your initial visa should last for 6 months and with a note from your chosen surgeon you can get an extension of up to 4 months. If you can last 10 months in Mumbai then you should be home at least walking fine. 

4) Limb lengthening affects your gait so you probably won't be as quick on your feet in boxing for a while after you've removed your frames. Your balance may be negatively affected too. You'll be able to go back to recreational sports eventually and lifting weights after LL isn't a problem at all - though you might want to avoid barbell squats for a while, I know I will :D

5) Finding hotels nearby isn't really difficult. There are a ton in Mumbai, though you'll want to choose one close to your doctor's practice location so you can get guaranteed visits from your physiotherapist. Rough monthly cost for food and hotel room would be £980. If you stay in a hotel it isn't so bad on your own. Your food will be brought directly to your room, room will be cleaned as often as you want, you'll have a cable tv, and hotel staff will help you with navigating on your wheelchair and getting you to your appointments. Staff at the hotel would even offer to wait with me at my appointments in case I needed help. 
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Dreamer

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 02:38:03 AM »

Hey Kilo, thanks for the information buddy! Has really helped with the questions I had. Even going to India, the hotel cost is far too much! Thats close to 10k and close to the surgery costs. I read in your diary Dr Parihar has connections with a hotel and they can offer a reasonable rate?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 02:52:24 AM »

The problem with that hotel was that they were always booked, and the difference from the hotel I was staying in wasn't all that much.

You could try arranging a stay in an apartment and hiring a caretaker, but that adds a whole other set of difficulties.

Dr Shah is also a bit cheaper than Dr Parihar. If you decide on him then perhaps you'll have enough for hotel costs?

Dreamer

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 02:54:19 AM »

I see. Well first of all if I can manage to get a visa. That is my main hurdle atm. Then I will get in touch with Dr Parihar well in advance to ensure I have a booking at that hotel

Nicki

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 09:10:26 PM »

Hi,I'm 5"2/5"3 I'm also looking to break into a modelling career,I.what surgery would you recommend which will give me minimal scars less painful and quick I'm looking to go to  India /china/Thailand somewhere cheap

Dreamer

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2015, 02:38:26 PM »

I had emailed Dr Parihar early this week and have not had a reply yet. Kilokahn, how long does he take to reply? And can you please reply to my private message I send you.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2015, 09:37:56 PM »

He's not always the best at responding to e-mails. Just add another message to your originally sent e-mail asking if he received the original so it shows up in his e-mail inbox again.

Shuya

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2015, 11:01:05 AM »

It's good have have an actual plan for LL. I have also started researching information about LL. I am just struggling whether to go with external or internal. The former is cheaper while the later seems to have less complications in terms of scarring and infections. I am not so sure.

As for my condition, it's a bit complicated. I am only 164 cm (perhaps nearly 165 cm in the morning). I would like to lengthen at least 6 cm on tibiae, making me above 170 cm, which is considered acceptable in Hong Kong (where I am from). However, I will go to Australia as a PR (maybe next year after the surgery), wherein 170 cm is still considered too short. I would like to be more ambitious yet it seems too torturing to have two operations (the other for femurs).

I personally prefer Russia, which I think is more hygienic compared to India (correct me if I am wrong). I am from Hong Kong, holding a British National (Overseas) passport and Hong Kong SAR passport. I don't know if I can get a visa for Russia more easily with the SAR passport.
Current height: 164 cm
Armspan: 170 cm
Desired height: 174 cm
Average male height in my country: 173 cm
Average female height in my country: 161 cm

Shuya

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2015, 11:08:54 AM »

Hi,I'm 5"2/5"3 I'm also looking to break into a modelling career,I.what surgery would you recommend which will give me minimal scars less painful and quick I'm looking to go to India /china/Thailand somewhere cheap

Hi, Nicki. For minimal scarring, I think internal ones should be more suitable for you. I have asked two hospitals in Thailand, the Vejthani Hospital and Bumrungrad International Hospital. Both do not offer internal but Vejthani Hospital does have external LL by Ilizarov technique. I read from other posts that the orthopedists in Thailand are not very reliable.
Current height: 164 cm
Armspan: 170 cm
Desired height: 174 cm
Average male height in my country: 173 cm
Average female height in my country: 161 cm

Dreamer

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2015, 07:20:51 AM »

It's good have have an actual plan for LL. I have also started researching information about LL. I am just struggling whether to go with external or internal. The former is cheaper while the later seems to have less complications in terms of scarring and infections. I am not so sure.

As for my condition, it's a bit complicated. I am only 164 cm (perhaps nearly 165 cm in the morning). I would like to lengthen at least 6 cm on tibiae, making me above 170 cm, which is considered acceptable in Hong Kong (where I am from). However, I will go to Australia as a PR (maybe next year after the surgery), wherein 170 cm is still considered too short. I would like to be more ambitious yet it seems too torturing to have two operations (the other for femurs).

I personally prefer Russia, which I think is more hygienic compared to India (correct me if I am wrong). I am from Hong Kong, holding a British National (Overseas) passport and Hong Kong SAR passport. I don't know if I can get a visa for Russia more easily with the SAR passport.

Well if you manage to lengthen up to 6cm you can always wear a 3 inch hidden heal taking you to 176cm. Russian dodtors are good. I would recommended the Kurgan centre will accept you if your height is 165cm. I received a reply today and they have rejected me as I am over 165cm

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2015, 06:53:48 AM »

I'm turning 18 in 2 months and I am 172cm. I know exactly how it feels and I can tell you I hate it too.
Height: 171.5
Goal: 177cm
Dream: 182.5cm

Dreamer

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2015, 08:13:28 PM »

I been measuring my height wrong! I am actually 173cm in the morning and 172cm in the evening. With wearing shoes or flats I am 174cm. So my lengthening target has changed to 178cm

supergirl

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2015, 08:58:03 PM »

Well, I would be taller than you after my LL. 180 cm++. One question.. DO you have anything against us post-modern feminists who think women are better?
Banned - clone account of ItsMyLife

Dreamer

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2015, 09:05:06 PM »

No I do have anything against any post feminism or any other ideology. Thanks to you I have changed my lengthening target. I am now aiming for 3 inches, 7.5cm to take me to 182cm. Thank you very much

KrP1

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2015, 09:10:04 PM »

Feminists are as stupid and ignorants as machists
Pages: [1]   Go Up