Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is 5cm with external monorail tibia safe?  (Read 4598 times)

Descreteuser

Is 5cm with external monorail tibia safe?
« on: December 31, 2014, 12:28:44 PM »

Hi guys just wondering if anyone can fill me in if doin 5cm on tibial with external monorail is relatively safe?
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

Uppland

Re: Is 5cm with external monorail tibia safe?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 12:50:50 PM »

Well define safe, it's certainly a reasonable amount of lenghtening and that's good. I don't think the tibia should be lenghtened much because it might mess up he mehanics of your legs.

Descreteuser

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 01:02:08 PM »

Well I've read that there is safe limits.. Was wondering with that method on tibia was a safe limit
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

Uppland

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 01:46:21 PM »

I can't say much about the method because I really don't know that much about it but 5CM should be within the "safe" range although barely.

Remember that it is very different from patient to patient you may be able to do 8CM with no problems or you may have to stop at 3-4CM.

Morgenst.

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 02:08:32 PM »

When you say mess up the mechanics how exactly? I've read a lot on here about mechanics getting ruined etc but in layman's terms how would "mechanics" affect day to day activities?

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 09:17:43 PM »

5cm is the total most that would be considered "safe". The only reason I'm considering 3-4cms is because it's significantly safer and you can leave within 3-4 months.
Starting height: 185.5cms Goal/ dream height:190-193cms!
Sitting height:94 cms Arm Length: 86.5 cms 
Leg length:104 cms Arm Span:191 cms
Tibia: 48 cms Femurs:55cms

Blackhawk

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 09:25:32 PM »

When you say mess up the mechanics how exactly? I've read a lot on here about mechanics getting ruined etc but in layman's terms how would "mechanics" affect day to day activities?

I have heard a lot about this also, but I don't think it should be a concern unless you lengthen way too much.

Morgenst.

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 09:52:01 PM »

That's what I'd like to know though. I want to do 7cm tib and 6 femurs. And although I see it as perfectly do able this idea of "permanently messing up mechanics" freaks me out a bit

theuprising

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2014, 09:57:58 PM »

By messing up mechanics he means that the femur should be longer the tibia by a certain percentage otherwise it messes up your gait. There have been multiple threads on this. To keep this ratio when lengthening ideally you'd be doing something like 4cm tibia and 6cm femurs.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2015, 12:30:42 AM »

By messing up mechanics he means that the femur should be longer the tibia by a certain percentage otherwise it messes up your gait. There have been multiple threads on this. To keep this ratio when lengthening ideally you'd be doing something like 4cm tibia and 6cm femurs.

What Professor Xia told me during my consultation was that the femur and tibia can be equal and you're fine.  Only when the tibia gets longer do you start having problems.

Blackhawk

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2015, 01:14:33 AM »

Some people have tibs as long as their femurs naturally.  They don't seem to walk any different.  I sit next to people on the train everyday and always compare my proportions to theirs.  I think it occurs more frequently with black people.  Maybe it's better to have tibs as long as your femurs.

theuprising

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2015, 03:53:13 AM »

Some people have tibs as long as their femurs naturally.  They don't seem to walk any different.  I sit next to people on the train everyday and always compare my proportions to theirs.  I think it occurs more frequently with black people.  Maybe it's better to have tibs as long as your femurs.

Based on what do you believe its better to have tibs as long as femurs or just your guess? This sort of response is how terrible information gets spread to newbies.
Which they then take as gospel.

Normal range is from 58:42 to 52:48

Morgenst.

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2015, 06:12:05 AM »

So technically if I naturally had longer femurs than tibias prior to lengthening and decided to do something like 6cm tibias and 5cm femurs. If my ratio was normal 1cm more on tibias shouldn't leave me with any drastic chance of mechanical issues right

Blackhawk

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2015, 06:36:56 AM »

Based on what do you believe its better to have tibs as long as femurs or just your guess? This sort of response is how terrible information gets spread to newbies.
Which they then take as gospel.

Normal range is from 58:42 to 52:48

Yeah you can search and find the normal range..good job!!

Many people do have tibs about as long as their femurs.  Some naturally and some after LL.  MDOW has tibs as long as his femurs and he has said that he has fully recovered and walks as normal as before doing LL.

I think it was obvious to most that I was stating an opinion and not a fact.  But believe what you want hurprising.

ant

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2015, 10:02:44 PM »

5 cm lengthened slowly is safe.  Lengthen 5cm fast and you can have big problems

GeTs

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2015, 10:31:07 PM »

5 cm lengthened slowly is safe.  Lengthen 5cm fast and you can have big problems
fast like 1mm/ day or beyond that?

ant

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2015, 04:23:24 AM »

1mm per day on Tibias is too fast.  If you want best results and less pain then best advice is to lengthen slowly at 0.66mm to 0.8mm per day.    1mm per day will give you long term problems like muscle contractures.  Contractures as like permanent ballerina foot.  Yes they can be fixed with more surgery but more surgery= more risk of problems
Pages: [1]   Go Up