Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a good number is 6 cms on tibias maximum.then 4 or 5 on femurs  (Read 5467 times)

4cms

a good number is 6 cms on tibias maximum.then 4 or 5 on femurs
« on: December 28, 2014, 06:18:32 AM »

The reason I say this is because I myself done 6 and recovered completly after 5 months where as everyone that done more than that is still recovering.
If you need more go ahead and get another 4 or 5 on femurs but when you do that expect to have alot of stiffness in the hamstring and psoas muscles.

goodlucktomylegs

Re: a good number is 6 cms on tibias maximum.then 4 or 5 on femurs
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 07:05:58 AM »

The reason I say this is because I myself done 6 and recovered completly after 5 months where as everyone that done more than that is still recovering.
If you need more go ahead and get another 4 or 5 on femurs but when you do that expect to have alot of stiffness in the hamstring and psoas muscles.
Then i think safety amount for both sections 5 cm for femurs 5 for tibias(statitistic from most diaries) should be best for lenghthening.Let's play safe.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 07:06:07 AM »

I agree that 6-7 cm is probably the max on the tibias, but I've heard from a lot of doctors that the femurs can actually handle more lengthening than the tibias. For example, Dr. Paley and Dr. Guichiet both seem to think that 8 cm is the max advisable limit in the femurs.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

GeTs

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 08:07:02 AM »

I agree that 6-7 cm is probably the max on the tibias, but I've heard from a lot of doctors that the femurs can actually handle more lengthening than the tibias. For example, Dr. Paley and Dr. Guichiet both seem to think that 8 cm is the max advisable limit in the femurs.
lets not push it everytime, its clearly 5-6 the safest

Uppland

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 10:18:10 AM »

The femur bone should be slightly longer and so can tolerate a bit more lenghtening. It is however, not comletely straight I think so you won't gain the whole amount in height.

Also the safest amount to leghten is very individual but 4-6CM seems like a decent rule of thumb.

GeTs

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 12:47:44 PM »

But the more you lengthen the femur  the more the pressure

atmika

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 02:02:22 PM »

iam 152 cm female . iam planning to do 7cm ..4 on tibia n 3 on femur.  Will my proportion look weird.   Is 7 cm too much

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 04:42:53 PM »

atmika your proportions wont look weird. you should go for 5cm on your first surgery. if you want more then go for 5cm on femur.

Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

ItsMyLife

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 06:18:37 PM »

im basketball player

dr bagirov says for best (athletic ability), 8 cm tibia and 4 cm femur

dr fahri is of opinion a few days later, just do 8 cm tibia.

both doctors agree that 8cm and 6 cm tibia do not make a differnce. just do PT.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 07:16:15 PM »

im basketball player

dr bagirov says for best (athletic ability), 8 cm tibia and 4 cm femur

dr fahri is of opinion a few days later, just do 8 cm tibia.

both doctors agree that 8cm and 6 cm tibia do not make a differnce. just do PT.

Sounds good. 8 cm femurs and 6 cm tibias are my plan, and if they think that those numbers should be fine, then I'm good.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

TomD

• Private
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2014, 12:19:29 AM »

This was the impression I was under as well Read. I am going to have my femurs and tibs measured to see if I can get away with slightly more Femur lengthening to save some on the tibs.

Morgenst.

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2014, 03:51:57 AM »

I plan on doing 7cm on tibias and about 5cm on femurs. What do you guys think?

ReadRothbard

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2014, 04:08:50 AM »

Do it the other way around--5 cm tibias and 7 cm femurs.

Future space tycoon

Outgrown

• "Long enough to touch the ground" -Abraham Lincoln
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2014, 04:09:05 AM »

If you're going to do both, try to put more on femurs than tibias...
5"6 and proud

Morgenst.

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2014, 04:43:13 AM »

Why exactly? Is it a matter of because femurs can take more lengthening or would I somehow mess up my proportions or ratios?

TomD

• Private
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2014, 05:00:10 AM »

Why exactly? Is it a matter of because femurs can take more lengthening or would I somehow mess up my proportions or ratios?

I am going to get my femurs and tibs measured and then ask the doctors medical opinion. From a look at my legs I think my femurs are shorter but who know? I am going to make sure. Better safe then sorry.

Also, lengthening femurs you can do so 1mm a day I have been told but only 2/3rds for femurs.

Blackhawk

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2014, 05:12:58 AM »

I think many patients have tried to do 1mm per day on tibias but at some point they usually have to slow down or take a break.  If you go too slow you risk preconsolidation and have to re break the bone.  I think this happened to Smallguy.  I plan on doing about 5.5 cms on tibs.  Maybe with Birkholtz.  I hope to do 1mm a day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up