Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Will Limb Lengthening make a SIGNIFICANT difference for me?  (Read 22329 times)

yyes

Will Limb Lengthening make a SIGNIFICANT difference for me?
« on: December 22, 2014, 04:11:52 AM »

Hi guys, new to the forum but I read lots of good advice already. I am 5 '9" and I wear lifts to go up to like 5'9.5"-5'10". However I am wondering if this surgery is right for me. I am 25 years old and i am looking to gain atleast another two or two and a half inches. Reason I am doing it is to attract more girls since in the USA more and more girls are taller now in days. I am a hispanic, mexican descent. I play soccer and I also fear that this surgery can impact my agility, quickness, etc. I realize initially it will but I dont want it to be a permanent effect.

Thanks guys. I look forward to hearing from your advice

Blackhawk

Re: Will Limb Lengthening make a SIGNIFICANT difference for me?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 04:24:10 AM »

I think if you go to a top doctor and lengthen a conservative amount doing internal methods then your athletic abilities shouldn't be impacted much if at all long term.  Shyshy posted some videos on LL Forum I think 6 months after finishing lengthening of him running.  It looked like he recovered well.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 04:57:44 AM »

If it's only to attract more girls and you are also worried about it affecting your sports ability, then leg lengthening doesn't seem right for you.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

TomD

• Private
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 07:06:08 AM »

hi.

If I was 5ft 9 I wouldn't need to do the surgery I dont think. Not now anyways. Maybe in 10 or 15 years when there have been advances in the treatment and its not so barbaric.

Limb lengthening is expensive and painfull. It also involves a lot of rehab and risk of complications.

Go to the mirror and look at yourself as you are. Then go up on your tip toes which should give you 2 or 3 inches. Ask yourself, is this 2-3 inches worth anywhere from 15 to 50k dollar and 9 months of your time in pain doing physio therapy?

To give you some perspective, I am 5ft 7. All of my friends are 6ft to 6ft2. In fact, I have always acted like I was 6ft -6ft2 which has gotten me into fights and at odds with how others in my society have viewed me. They dont understand why I wont 'know my place' as a little guy.

My personality and my goals would greatly benefit from a 5 to 6 inch gain . I would feel like myself for the first time.

I think many of us are like the man trapped in a womans body, so he goes through all the surgeries and hormones to feel whole once and for all.

I think you are tall enough . I dont feel LL is worth it to gain 2 or 3 inches on one segment. I feel you need to lengthen both the tibias and femurs the same amount to maintain symmetry. However, there are those who have done only 1 segment and seem to be happy with no complications.

But here is the question. Can you live with being 5ft 9? If so, dont worry about the surgery.

Uppland

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 08:38:22 AM »

hi.

If I was 5ft 9 I wouldn't need to do the surgery I dont think. Not now anyways. Maybe in 10 or 15 years when there have been advances in the treatment and its not so barbaric.

Limb lengthening is expensive and painfull. It also involves a lot of rehab and risk of complications.

Go to the mirror and look at yourself as you are. Then go up on your tip toes which should give you 2 or 3 inches. Ask yourself, is this 2-3 inches worth anywhere from 15 to 50k dollar and 9 months of your time in pain doing physio therapy?

To give you some perspective, I am 5ft 7. All of my friends are 6ft to 6ft2. In fact, I have always acted like I was 6ft -6ft2 which has gotten me into fights and at odds with how others in my society have viewed me. They dont understand why I wont 'know my place' as a little guy.

My personality and my goals would greatly benefit from a 5 to 6 inch gain . I would feel like myself for the first time.

I think many of us are like the man trapped in a womans body, so he goes through all the surgeries and hormones to feel whole once and for all.

I think you are tall enough . I dont feel LL is worth it to gain 2 or 3 inches on one segment. I feel you need to lengthen both the tibias and femurs the same amount to maintain symmetry. However, there are those who have done only 1 segment and seem to be happy with no complications.

But here is the question. Can you live with being 5ft 9? If so, dont worry about the surgery.

I hate this so much, it is probably the worst thing about hanging out with taller men.

yyes

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 09:07:14 AM »

I mean I am very passionate about sports. I love them but I also wish I were taller. Granted, most girls I go for are latinas so most of them are short, however it seems that even most of them would prefer a guy thats 5'10 and above.

mrtall

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 12:39:32 PM »

Hi guys, new to the forum but I read lots of good advice already. I am 5 '9" and I wear lifts to go up to like 5'9.5"-5'10". However I am wondering if this surgery is right for me. I am 25 years old and i am looking to gain atleast another two or two and a half inches. Reason I am doing it is to attract more girls since in the USA more and more girls are taller now in days. I am a hispanic, mexican descent. I play soccer and I also fear that this surgery can impact my agility, quickness, etc. I realize initially it will but I dont want it to be a permanent effect.

Thanks guys. I look forward to hearing from your advice

Your a very normal height for your race. Though not ideal, your height is not a massive problem like it is   5'8<>6'5

Unless this is causing real deppresion everytime you leave the house I would say forget it.

HEIGHT REDUCTION CANDIDATE

Current: 201 cm (6'7)

Goal: 192 cm (6'3.5)

programdude

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 02:51:47 PM »

Depends. Accept either now that this is your height for life, or go for it.

Yes the surgery makes a big difference, but no it is not a great idea if you want to be competitive with sports in my opinion.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

GeTs

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 04:20:58 PM »

Depends. Accept either now that this is your height for life, or go for it.

Yes the surgery makes a big difference, but no it is not a great idea if you want to be competitive with sports in my opinion.
competitive at 25?

yyes

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 06:15:22 PM »

Heres what I look like presently. I am wearing timberlands and half inch lifts as well. It is from my understanding that some people of the same height look taller or shorter than otheres depending on how long their legs are.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByGkh3KXsrkmRm9vZkUwNk1OeXM/view?usp=sharing

TomD

• Private
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 07:07:23 PM »

You look good.

We have a section on 'proportions' which means

how much we can stretch our arms out from finger tip to fingertip?

how tall are you sitting in a chair from the seat of the chair to the top of your head?

how long are your femurs? how long are your tibias?

Go figure all that out and report back to us here. 

Shor7Guy

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 07:27:56 PM »

Heres what I look like presently. I am wearing timberlands and half inch lifts as well. It is from my understanding that some people of the same height look taller or shorter than otheres depending on how long their legs are.

your arm length looks decent even tho your wearing lifts, whats your wingspan? also what is your biacromial width because it effects wingspan too

GeTs

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2014, 07:35:53 PM »

U look 5'6-5'7 from the photos

yyes

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2014, 07:59:56 PM »

U look 5'6-5'7 from the photos

I agree with you. Thats what Im trying to tell you guys. I look shorter than I am and I dont know if it has to do with what I wear or gaining upper muscle will help but I do look shorter than i really am.

Uppland

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2014, 08:13:29 PM »

I think almost all people can manage a 5CM increase without disproportion and most can do 6-7. Some will be able to handle more than that and a small minority that already had quite unusual proportions to begin with can do 10-13CM. I believe most people could pull off 10-12 if they only gained a small increase in arm lenght -think that's the major factor when lenghtening under 15CM.

If you do more than 5CM I'm afraid your frame will start to look small. This can be mitigated by building muscle and gaining weight, as a general rule of thumb almost anyone that doesn't exceed 10CM will look fine provided their arms are long enough. This being said I would very much like to gain 11-12CM to be 190 -I'd like it so much that I might just do it.

yyes

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2014, 08:17:14 PM »

I think almost all people can manage a 5CM increase without disproportion and most can do 6-7. Some will be able to handle more than that and a small minority that already had quite unusual proportions to begin with can do 10-13CM. I believe most people could pull off 10-12 if they only gained a small increase in arm lenght -think that's the major factor when lenghtening under 15CM.

If you do more than 5CM I'm afraid your frame will start to look small. This can be mitigated by building muscle and gaining weight, as a general rule of thumb almost anyone that doesn't exceed 10CM will look fine provided their arms are long enough. This being said I would very much like to gain 11-12CM to be 190 -I'd like it so much that I might just do it.

Heres another question. If I go through with this, what doctors can I go to? Dr Paley charges 100k. and frankly I make 17 dollars an hour and I probably cant afford that. Going oversees he says is risky because the care isnt as great as the USA from what he writes on his website. So what do people do?

Uppland

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2014, 08:44:29 PM »

Heres another question. If I go through with this, what doctors can I go to? Dr Paley charges 100k. and frankly I make 17 dollars an hour and I probably cant afford that. Going oversees he says is risky because the care isnt as great as the USA from what he writes on his website. So what do people do?

It being riskier overseas is an oversimplification: I'm sure there are doctors that are skilled enough to give a result equal or similar to Dr. Paley but for a better price -but it can be difficult and uncertain to find them. Europe (western) provide the same quality of care as north america but mostly for a similar price.

As for the best doctor: there is no consensus but two names are usually mentioned: Paley and Guichet. Dr. Guichet is a french doctor that practices in Italy -he has a great track record and almost everyone that follow his instructions show great recovery. Shyshy on this forum is generally agreed to have the best recovery ever seen and he did 7Cm femur (!). Now which of these two are the best I can't say and I suspect it may vary greatly between patients but I will most likely go with Guicher myself.

As for pay -you get what you pay for mostly. Paley may not be the most cost-effective but he might just provide the best overall surgery circumstances. Guichet is expensive but his focus on athletic recovery has really paid off from what I can tell, other doctors in India and Russia might give good care but I personally will not risk it. There are a sort of third way: by going to China or South Africa you may find exellent health care that can match western doctors but for a little more manageable price -it is not as well documented though.

Shortie

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2014, 09:00:25 PM »

U look 5'7 in the photo but to be honest with u , your reason to do it is stupid why cuz it tells me that all u care about and ur goals is to attract more girls which is pathetic , you will attract more girls when u focus on more important things in life then u will be taller in their eyes , I always see Latin girls with short dude and even Latin girls with guys shorter that them , it's not your height man .

yyes

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2014, 09:08:44 PM »

U look 5'7 in the photo but to be honest with u , your reason to do it is stupid why cuz it tells me that all u care about and ur goals is to attract more girls which is pathetic , you will attract more girls when u focus on more important things in life then u will be taller in their eyes , I always see Latin girls with short dude and even Latin girls with guys shorter that them , it's not your height man .

I appreciate your honesty. Youre right it might be stupid and thats why I wanted to get feedback from this community so I appreciate it. Is there anything that can help me look my height?
I mean I want to look my height , not 5'7".

Shortie

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2014, 09:15:50 PM »

Wear straight jeans and tight t shirts and work out and wear boots just match the style u know what I mean , other thing I been with a lot of Latin girls they told me Latin guys are pushy Ofcourse not all of them but try not be pushy if u are , save money for a goal a Bussiness or something trust me women love that .

programdude

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2014, 05:49:01 AM »

competitive at 25?
Point is it probably doesn't matter for that reason, since he isn't doing it for income. I can't testify since I am certainly not playing sports, but I am pretty mobile and leg pressing more than the average person already, so its just a matter of explosiveness.
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

yyes

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2014, 06:03:33 AM »

Programdude, you went to Dr Paley. In your opinion how much should I be making in order to afford the surgery. Can a loan be taken out for something like this?

GeTs

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2014, 06:33:02 AM »

Lose weight by running for 30-40 minutes everyday,don't eat 3 hours pre and post running, don't eat 3 hours before bed

programdude

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2014, 07:36:34 AM »

Programdude, you went to Dr Paley. In your opinion how much should I be making in order to afford the surgery. Can a loan be taken out for something like this?

I would never advise debt for a surgery like this.

As for what you should be making, I'd say it doesn't matter, as long as you have money for the surgery + about 50k. Whats important is being happy with the results and being able to survive afterwards comfortably.

yyes

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2014, 04:46:18 PM »

I would never advise debt for a surgery like this.

As for what you should be making, I'd say it doesn't matter, as long as you have money for the surgery + about 50k. Whats important is being happy with the results and being able to survive afterwards comfortably.

I noticed that you were roughly the same height as me initially and went up three inches. Have those three inches made a significant difference in your life?

LittleWhiteMan

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2014, 06:07:39 PM »

I am considering LL for everything: being unproportionate (short wingspan), clothes don't fit me whatsoever (not even x-Small sizes), girls just dont focus on me and when I try to break the ice thwy just ignore me, oh and everyone thinks that I am a preteen. All that said, just consider if the surgery is worth it. Considering proportions I really don't feel like doing LL but it is just me.
5'1", 100 lbs

programdude

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2014, 07:07:43 PM »

I noticed that you were roughly the same height as me initially and went up three inches. Have those three inches made a significant difference in your life?
My operation was way too recent to give a complete opinion. What I can say is:

1. The change in confidence(even on crutches) is significant.

2. Girls (even who are aware of the operation) love the new height.

3. The change is drastic in the sense people your old height look really short. Kind of gives perspective on how you used to appear as well.

4. Personally my height neurosis has been obliterated. Whereas before I felt I HAD to get the operation, now I don't even think about height(though I wouldn't mind two inches on tibia in theory).

ReadRothbard

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2014, 07:08:38 PM »

I don't think it would be worth it to you.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

yyes

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2014, 08:01:28 PM »

My operation was way too recent to give a complete opinion. What I can say is:

1. The change in confidence(even on crutches) is significant.

2. Girls (even who are aware of the operation) love the new height.

3. The change is drastic in the sense people your old height look really short. Kind of gives perspective on how you used to appear as well.

4. Personally my height neurosis has been obliterated. Whereas before I felt I HAD to get the operation, now I don't even think about height(though I wouldn't mind two inches on tibia in theory).
I don't think it would be worth it to you.

Interesting perspective programdude. Its either now or never for me. Im 25 so i want to enjoy my new height during my twenties. Theres really no sense in doing it in my 30s I dont think.

Readrothbard, why dont you think it would be worth it to me if you dont mind elaborating?

programdude

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2014, 08:16:07 PM »

I couldn't agree more. I knew I HAD to go for it asap myself.

You don't seem like you have any mental problems so I feel pretty comfortable recommending this if its something that actually bothers you. Its something you need to either A. Do or B. Completely erase from your mind.

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2014, 08:20:07 PM »

I think you would benefit greatly from it yyes.

I also think your life would be good at you current height.

both are true statements in my opinion :)

good luck with whichever decision you make :)
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up