Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Would you get arm lenghtening?  (Read 4023 times)

Uppland

Would you get arm lenghtening?
« on: December 20, 2014, 07:40:21 PM »

Would you get arm lenghtening?

-It seems radical and scary at first but when you think about it we use our humerus far less than out tibia/femur bones. Almost all of the precision of the arms come from the Ulna bone and our hands, the only real work of the Humerus is to support our upper arm musclse and move the arm into a general direction.

Compared to our legs this makes a world of difference: our arms aren't exposed to impact from walking, has much less weight bearing, less complex movement patterns and very little mechanical significance (in terms of bone length).

It is also alledgedly the easiest bone to lenghten and considering that most of us will only need a 2-3CM increase this should be further cemented.

Scarring, cost, time and inconveniances seem to be the major issues rather than recovery and pain but for those few that have done it most got through it on a breeze compared to doing leg lenghtening. Granted we know little of humerus lenghtening but what we know seems to be favourable -the few doctors I've asked confirm this.

So would you do it, I myself am seriously considering this -even a modest increase of 2CM means I would look almost completely normal at 186CM -another CM and I could potentially reach 190 without looking like a freak -you have to admit it is tempting.

endomorphisme

Re: Would you get arm lenghtening?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 07:55:02 PM »

More money, more pain, more time lost for saving money and recovering, I won t mention the risks.

GeTs

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 07:58:35 PM »

More money, more pain, more time lost for saving money and recovering, I won t mention the risks.
and the gains will notice only the person who does it, people don't give that much attention to things like arm length

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 08:06:34 PM »

If I exceed a 2" gain I may since Id be taller than my wingspan. Would that be natural or not? Just wondering.
Starting height: 185.5cms Goal/ dream height:190-193cms!
Sitting height:94 cms Arm Length: 86.5 cms 
Leg length:104 cms Arm Span:191 cms
Tibia: 48 cms Femurs:55cms

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 08:25:01 PM »

I think if you get humerus lengthening you should get 3-4cm, not any more not any less.

it is the easiest bone to lengthen apparently compared to tibia and femur, and you do not loose your humerus function while lengthening so you can return to life immediately without a problem.

however after 2 leg lengthening's you might be like nope just fk doing it a third time.......just fk that   LOL
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

GeTs

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 08:39:16 PM »

But seriously take into consideration :
- the stress u put your body into, u'll look like a 40 years old at 30 after 2LL and 1 arm lengthening

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 09:16:01 PM »

Yeah that's why I'm doing 2" on each segment max maybe even less.

Uppland

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 09:34:56 PM »

You don't need to mention the risks because they are the same as with conventional leg lenghtening.

But seriously take into consideration :
- the stress u put your body into, u'll look like a 40 years old at 30 after 2LL and 1 arm lengthening

We really need some concensus on this whole aging thing. Is it really true that surgery makes the body age prematurely?

GeTs

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 09:37:37 PM »

You don't need to mention the risks because they are the same as with conventional leg lenghtening.

We really need some concensus on this whole aging thing. Is it really true that surgery makes the body age prematurely?
studies show that stress makes you age quicker, your body during LL is under big stress, there's a reason why doctors recommend twice the calories a normal person should eat daily, don't forget also during LL u need to rest a lot but 100% of the time people wake up during the night or can't sleep at all and as a result the body is under huge stress

GeTs

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 09:41:20 PM »

Yeah that's why I'm doing 2" on each segment max maybe even less.
do 3.5 u will be 189 and your mechanics won't be ad bad as if u were doing 5

joax

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 11:21:21 PM »

Is there any study that corroborates that fast ageing thing? You're basically saying that if you break a bone you age faster? I want sources please.

Uppland

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 11:54:55 PM »

Is there any study that corroborates that fast ageing thing? You're basically saying that if you break a bone you age faster? I want sources please.

Yes, until you actually prove it I'll consider it pseudoscience. It's true that high level of stress is unhealthy and since our metabolism works faster so does our aging process but I have never heard of people subjected to intensive long term surgery aging faster before It certainly isn't healthy to alter our bodies obsessively but under the right circumstances there should be little long-term effect. Also there is a case to be made that arm lenghtening is puts much less stress on the body because of the smaller amount lenghtened, the alledged larger capacity to observe soft tissue stretching and less physical stress on the bone from weight bearing.

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2014, 12:11:45 AM »

do 3.5 u will be 189 and your mechanics won't be ad bad as if u were doing 5

I don't know about that low, probably 4-4.5 which will mean I'm 6'2.5" at my lowest and close to 6'3" during the day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up