Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Born Orthopedics ( Seoul, Korea)  (Read 30407 times)

Classical

Re: New Born Orthopedics ( Seoul, Korea)
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2014, 07:16:25 PM »

Hi Peco1, I just PM you, please check your inbox. Thank u!

paco1

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2014, 07:57:03 PM »

Hi Classical,
I contacted with il hyung cho, and he told me these  price. i thought that he worked in new born.
i am very surprised with this. the other day i emailed to il hyung cho about the cost for ISKD but he still answered to me.

Classical

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2014, 09:00:41 PM »

Really?? How much did he say the ISKD cost then? Can you put me in touch with him? I don't know why he is not answering my emails... Does he have a phone number I can call? If what the lady at the hospital told me about him resigned one year ago is not true, then I prefer to contact him as his English seems be better.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 09:09:18 PM by Classical »

paco1

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2014, 09:08:33 PM »

He gave me one phone number, +82-10-9116-8210.
He still answered to me about the Price of iskd. I emailed three days ago.

Classical

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2014, 09:10:57 PM »

Thank you,Peco1  ;D

paco1

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2014, 09:15:08 PM »

Perhaps you could see doctor Donghoon lee too. His  new price for LON is 38000 but you can stay in a hotel during lengthening.
It is 80$ per night whithout food.

Classical

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2014, 07:02:04 AM »

Hi Paco1!

I emailed the nurse of New Born, and she replyed back stating that Il Hyung Cho no longer works there. She also asked me to pass on Dr. Chung-mu Im's personal email address lifejump2002@naver.com for you to contact should you have any questions or concerns.

I'm considering Dr.Lee as well now.

paco1

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2014, 05:38:41 PM »

Thank you classical.
I'm writing to him now.

Taller

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2014, 03:27:41 PM »

The information about ISKD and Fitbone on old forum  are outdated. Both are currently in the market, the ISKD is reintroduced, and the problems fixed, yet it will only lengthen up to 5 cm's, just like it used to. The Fitbone is very reliable now, and used throughout Europe in many countries. I will be undergoing femur LL surgery with Fitbone soon (in Istanbul, Turkey).

I think Korea offers quite competitive prices.

According to Orthofix's official site, the femoral model of the ISKD is capable of lengthening up to 8CM. I wonder if New Born Orthopedics offers this model.

"ISKD is designed to lengthen a prescribed distance and then stop. ISKD lengtheners will distract a maximum of either 50 or 80 mm, depending on the model chosen. Thus the precise amount of lengthening required, the maximum starting length and fully distracted length of the ISKD must be determined prior to surgery in order to permit selection of the correct model of ISKD"

Dingo

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2014, 03:27:33 PM »

ISKD sucks. You can't control the distraction rate and you can't stop or reverse it.

The amount of lengthening is fixed from the beginning, so if you originally planned for 8cm but you find out (the hard way) that you can't go over 5cm due to extreme pain during lengthening, you're basically f*ck*d.

ISKD is a gamble. Maybe your body can take the amount of lengthening you wanted in the beginning, maybe not. Maybe you're lucky and don't end up with a runaway nail, maybe not.

These guys at New Born need to start offering the Precice as soon as possible.

Their package price for ISKD is very competitive (48k, including a 3 months stay). Since the Precice nails cost pretty much the same as ISKD nails, I can't see why they're not using them instead (Dr Donghoon has been using them since last year).

Paco1, since you're in contact with the people at New Born, could you please ask them about the Precice? When are they going to start using it and how much it will cost? Thanks.

Taller

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2014, 03:33:50 PM »

Agreed. If their ISKD price also applied to Precise, I'd be over there in a heart beat. The newer ISKD models have fixed the runaway nail issues from what I've heard.

I thought that one ISKD nail was $8000 compared to $15,000 for one Precise nail.

You're right. It absolutely sucks that, with ISKD, one must decide on on a lengthening amount beforehand.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 04:53:05 PM by Tall »

paco1

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2014, 04:25:34 PM »

Well, then i will email them.

TRS

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2014, 04:39:23 PM »

Agreed. If their ISKD price also applied to Precise, I'd be over there in a heart beat. The newer ISKD models have fixed the runaway nail issues from what I've heard.

I thought that 1 ISKD was $8000 compared to $15,000 for one Precise nail.

You're right. It absolutely sucks that, with ISKD, one must decide on on a lengthening amount beforehand.

I read that ISKD is around $8000 in Dr.Elbatrawy's website. Another LL doctor in Turkey also states that it is around $8000 http://www.ilizarov.com/en/motorized-im-nail/
Prospective LL'ers should stick with the PRECICE nail instead of the ISKD. There is a very good reason why majority of the LL doctors are now replacing the ISKD with PRECICE.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 04:50:47 PM by TheRisingShorty »

Dingo

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2014, 06:06:00 PM »

ISKD is around $8000 in Dr.Elbatrawy's website

That information is completely out of date.

In 2009, a friend of mine in Brazil had to use an ISKD nail because of an accident. The hospital report sent to her insurance company said that the nail alone cost 30k BRL, which is aproximately 13.5k USD at today's exchange rate.

I don't know if the price has gone up or down since that time, but most likely, it has gone up.

TRS

« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2014, 06:19:20 PM »

That information is completely out of date.

In 2009, a friend of mine in Brazil had to use an ISKD nail because of an accident. The hospital report sent to her insurance company said that the nail alone cost 30k BRL, which is aproximately 13.5k USD at today's exchange rate.

I don't know if the price has gone up or down since that time, but most likely, it has gone up.

The best thing is to get in touch with Orthofix if one is interested in ISKD. But regardless of the price, PRECICE is a superior nail when compared to ISKD.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up