Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Salemfix  (Read 1446 times)

Joel

Salemfix
« on: December 19, 2014, 04:12:52 AM »

I like the Salemfix device over LON and for Russia it's hard to get a visa compared to Germany, and China I can't justify going there either Germany is so nice having been there, has anyone done anything there and can you do 7cm easier with the device?
5'5 manlet of peace

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: Salemfix
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 04:34:20 AM »

The Salamehfix works the same as external ilizarov, it's just more comfortable. It likely won't be noticeably easier because you still have metal going through your legs and have to deal with the same aches, pains, and possible complications that people who lengthen with Ilizarov frames have to deal with. How much you lengthen is more dependent on your own biology so if your soft tissues don't tolerate 7 cm well with Ilizarov then it still won't wearing the Salamehfix.

If it's about money there are some doctors in India with legitimately good credentials that are worth a visit.

Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

ReadRothbard

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 08:37:18 AM »

I like the Salemfix device over LON and for Russia it's hard to get a visa compared to Germany, and China I can't justify going there either Germany is so nice having been there, has anyone done anything there and can you do 7cm easier with the device?

Lengthening varies from patient to patient. Lengthen until complications arise, things get difficult, and you're doctor thinks that you should stop.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

ItsMyLife

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 08:47:00 AM »

The Salamehfix works the same as external ilizarov, it's just more comfortable. It likely won't be noticeably easier because you still have metal going through your legs and have to deal with the same aches, pains, and possible complications that people who lengthen with Ilizarov frames have to deal with. How much you lengthen is more dependent on your own biology so if your soft tissues don't tolerate 7 cm well with Ilizarov then it still won't wearing the Salamehfix.

If it's about money there are some doctors in India with legitimately good credentials that are worth a visit.

kilo, did you get salemfix? :D is it the hexapod thing?
Pages: [1]   Go Up