Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LL prices going up instead of down???  (Read 4539 times)

ItsMyLife

LL prices going up instead of down???
« on: December 15, 2014, 04:48:14 PM »

Are LL prices going up or down?
Plastic surgery costs are lowering
Why are LL prices in general going up?
Coming from someone who might do ext/int femurs soon!

KrP1

Re: LL prices going up instead of down???
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 04:52:41 PM »

Going up. beacuse more people does LL.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 07:20:43 PM »

But when more people does it, the prices tend to go DOWN
that's  seen in plastic surgery!
My friend says: more people do it, more insurance needed (cos of risks) or more accidents = price increase......

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 09:14:50 PM »

that's not the reason.

all the cheap doctors check out this site and then after seeing other doctors charging lot more then want to increase their prices because they get greed in their eyes.

same thing happened with india.

even sparsh hospital charged 5k I called them 3 months later and the told me 8k. after they think that they can rip us off a lot more then they up the price.

also when you have a monopoly on doctors lists it causes the price to go up exponentially because those deals are overinflated prices and contribute to a normalcy bias in the market price for how much people are willing to get ripped off.

however the current trend is that with LL Forum forum the price will continue to go down with the massive increase in doctor competition for patients to choose from.

doctors will TAKE WHAT THEY CAN GET THEIR HANDS ON. (in most cases). (some exceptions)
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 09:20:22 PM »

I bet we'll see a lot more people getting butchered once the top doctors in the field all retire.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 09:25:06 PM »

I bet we'll see a lot more people getting butchered once the top doctors in the field all retire

possible, who knows what the future holds.

all I know is that when you chose a new doctor you take a massive risk. a risk im not willing to take.

Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

TomD

• Private
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 11:23:45 PM »

I agree with the others that the price is going up because we are willing to pay it. Stop paying it and watch the price go down.

I do think that the long term prospects do tend to trend downward and I will give my reasons.

As bone lengthening becomes more mainstream, doctors will become more familiar with it as an elective surgery. The more doctors practicing will cause more gains in the procedures. Someone might even invent a way to do all 4 bones at the same time to save a year of hassle .

There are at least 150 million men in the United States alone. Probably 30 million of us are 5ft7 and below . Out of that 30 mil there are probably 7mil who are 60 and older and probably 10 million under the age of 21 and ill advised to have it done until their bones stop growing.

That leaves 13 million men who would be ripe to have this surgery if it were cheap enough and the down time became minimal.

Just like hair transplants. They were expensive and clumsy back in the 80s and even 90s but now today you can get a full restoration done for $2 to $3 per graft with minimal discomfort.

That is my .02

Blackhawk

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 12:19:01 AM »

I agree with ^^^ but I also think the price of internal nails could go much lower.  If demand increases and if the nails are perfected and the processes to manufacture improve.

Smallguy

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 10:26:32 AM »

All else equal, LL price should be going down in the long-run.

The reason you may see LL price going up is because some new CLL doctor low-ball in the beginning to attract patients and once they have a successful track records and people start coming to them, they raise their price. This happens to, perhaps, China (24k before but over 33k now), South Africa and some indian doctors. Adjusting for inflation, the price of some of the mainstream doctors have either stayed the same or decrease a little.

But I agree with Blackhawk and TomD

Everything else being equal LL price should decrease over the long-term. Here is why.

CLL is relatively new. The number of doctors with successful track record are few. The procedure is also dangerous so people is willing to pay a higher premium for higher level of safety, making the price inelastic. For, example, a CLL doctor can perform on only 3 patients per week. But 10 people come to him for CLL and they all varies in income range. The doctor would set his price point so that only 3 rich patient can afford this surgery and the rest can't. This is the natural law of supply and demand at work.

But over the long-run, as more doctors realize the economic benefit of performing this surgery and enter the industry, supply meets demand, the price should decrease. You can learn this in any economic class.

One dude who wants you to think that LL will rise in price and that you should do is now is Sysop/Apoth/sysop... so he can earn his commission now.

I imagine a day in the distance future when a broker you meet on the street can do LL for you on a loan... like the movie below.

I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 03:43:11 PM »

All else equal, LL price should be going down in the long-run.

The reason you may see LL price going up is because some new CLL doctor low-ball in the beginning to attract patients and once they have a successful track records and people start coming to them, they raise their price. This happens to, perhaps, China (24k before but over 33k now), South Africa and some indian doctors. Adjusting for inflation, the price of some of the mainstream doctors have either stayed the same or decrease a little.

But I agree with Blackhawk and TomD

Everything else being equal LL price should decrease over the long-term. Here is why.

CLL is relatively new. The number of doctors with successful track record are few. The procedure is also dangerous so people is willing to pay a higher premium for higher level of safety, making the price inelastic. For, example, a CLL doctor can perform on only 3 patients per week. But 10 people come to him for CLL and they all varies in income range. The doctor would set his price point so that only 3 rich patient can afford this surgery and the rest can't. This is the natural law of supply and demand at work.

But over the long-run, as more doctors realize the economic benefit of performing this surgery and enter the industry, supply meets demand, the price should decrease. You can learn this in any economic class.

One dude who wants you to think that LL will rise in price and that you should do is now is Sysop/Apoth/sysop... so he can earn his commission now.

I imagine a day in the distance future when a broker you meet on the street can do LL for you on a loan... like the movie below.

But the russians charge much higher now... for externals..

well they actually over-charge compared to locals (you pay almost twice of locals)

Smallguy

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 02:35:44 AM »

But the russians charge much higher now... for externals..

well they actually over-charge compared to locals (you pay almost twice of locals)

True... everywhere charges higher for international than for locals... same with University tuition, hospital, and public goods.
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 02:39:09 AM »

True... everywhere charges higher for international than for locals... same with University tuition, hospital, and public goods.

in s korea, if you bargain, you can get local price, or something close... for plasticsurgery (not bone lengthening)

thats wy i feel a bit ripped off

tallerbetter

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2015, 09:15:51 AM »

Prices will go up because doctors are greedy...disgusting.

heightangel

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2015, 07:13:50 PM »

Prices will go up because doctors are greedy...disgusting.

Very greedy. Not good people. They only love themseves. They want money and recognition: dollars and fans.

programdude

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2015, 09:32:13 PM »

This is one of the reasons I did it asap. It was already so expensive I couldn't stomach an additional price hike down the road.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

heightangel

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2015, 09:36:26 PM »

tHink about Guichet. His prices have gone up and they were fking high already!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up