Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: im in Kurgan about to go to consultation tomorrow(monday)  (Read 5694 times)

tx1111

im in Kurgan about to go to consultation tomorrow(monday)
« on: December 14, 2014, 04:30:11 PM »

I just started wondering why more people on the forums have not picked the Illzarov center. Maybbe im missing something.

I know i am about to sound like Im the Illzarov center's bottom bitch but Im just stating my experience so far.

I am considering them because their prices range from 12 to 18thousand including stay and theyre pioneered limb lengthening. I did a worst case scenario of having to stay for 9 months and the total cost in usd is 19700 for everything. If anyone wants the detailed costs let me know.

I contacted them about 5 months ago and the person who I have been corresponding with(Natalia) is really helpful. She gets back to me quickly and has been patiently answering every smart and stupid question that I have. And I have had many.

She answered in detail what the costs include, helped me get visa, helped me book flight, got me a really cheap but nice hotel and is even calling taxi for the consultation. 

If theyre demeanor so far is in anyway representative of their services I will most likely go with them. The only reason the decision isnt set in stone is because in two days I will fly to St Petersburg and talk to Dr Solomin and I cannot base my decision simply because Im being pampered.

KrP1

Re: im in Kurgan about to go to consultation tomorrow(monday)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 04:52:59 PM »

i think in ilizarov center there is a height limit of 165cm to do the surgery, a lot of people here are taller tan that so probably thats one of the things that made people to have surgery with other surgeons

jfk

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 12:29:03 PM »

I think they have a lot of experience and Kurgan would be a good choice. I am really interested in the detailed costs. Could you please tell what costs there are exactly?

Keep us updated on how you decided! :)

tx1111

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 07:03:23 AM »

Costs for illzarov center at bottom

I met with head of orthopedics Fyodor Hoffman at Illzarov center.

The guy was very upfront and it kind of felt like he was triying to dissuade me from doing LL.
he asked how much to lengthen and I said 7 cm. He told me he did not think i would be able to handle 7cm. I told its what i want so i was going to have to be able to handle it when the time comes and he said everyone says that and they eventually bitch out at about 4 cm.

He then kept saying I should do 5 cm because I should be able to handle that. I asked him if increased amount of pain is th only reasin he is recommending me not to do 7cm and do 5 instead. He said yes so i told him i still want 7.

Another thing. For 7cm he told me i should be in frames a total of 7months. It would take 40 days to lengthen then the rest is consolidation. After the frames are removed he says i may be in crutches up to 1.5 months. So the entire treatment would take about 8.5 months.

I forgot to ask him that 40 days for lengthening 7cm sounds kind of fast. I will email them abkut this but if anybody can shed light in this it would be appreciated.

Heres the costs

The costs associated with this treatment (as of today) are as follows, in roubles:
standard preoperative examination (approx. 6500 roubles)
the cost of one surgery (each leg is counted as a separate surgery) - either 51870 roubles  per surgery.
the cost of fixator for one tibia - 28000 roubles (you will need two of them)
the cost of one bed-day in a common room shared by 4-7 patients - 1800 roubles.
surgery for foot fixation (done if clinically necessary) - 19330 (each leg is counted as separate surgery)
mandatory assistance package for 90 days - 117800 roubles (if you stay in the hospital longer - the cost will increase).

The consultation i just had and translator support are 1000 rubles and 1600 rubles respectively.

She said also on jan 12 the prices will increase due to staff salary increases but it wont be much and that it happens every year. She will send me email on jan 12.

I will meet with Solomin this afternoon. If anyone wants info of that i will try to write everything down.

tx1111

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 07:09:14 AM »

Just got email detailing of costs for a scenariio of 7cm and having to be in fixators for 7 months.  This means i would stay in hospital in a 4-7 patient room. Those rooms looked kind of crowded so i asked about the 2 person rooms. theyre 2200 rubles a day. I should be able to afford that.

Anyways heres email:

The cost of treatment, as of today, (including 2 surgeries tibia with foot, accommodation in a shared room during 210 days, 2 Ilizarov fixators for the tibia and foot) is 772120 roubles.
The cost includes accommodation in a shared room with standard hospital meals 3 times a day, physical exercise therapy, medications associated with height increase treatment, translator assistance in communication with hospital staff. 

Thats only like 12k usd but mostly due to ruble drop agains dollar

GeTs

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 01:28:18 PM »

Why do u have to pay for leg adjustment?

glenn

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 09:14:29 PM »

Hi tx1111,

I think one of the things holding some people back with choosing Ilizarov Center, and Russia in general, is because of the difficulty in getting longer visas. It seems pretty scary to me to have to fly back and forth in that vulnerable state only after a few weeks post-op, especially if you do external..

You mentioned that the Center helped you with your visa. Can you tell us what type it is? (1 month/3month, business/tourist, multi-entry/single?)

FedUp

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 09:35:46 PM »

So far I have heard of two people who have done LL in Kurgan: Moshe and Mr. Afzayesh in the old forum. As far as I know, both were successful and recovered well, too bad Moshe deleted his diary  :-\, it was very detailed I think he did 7cm. I have been e-mailing Solomin too, very surprised at how fast he responds :). Good luck man!

ReadRothbard

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 09:43:45 PM »

I just started wondering why more people on the forums have not picked the Illzarov center. Maybbe im missing something.

I know i am about to sound like Im the Illzarov center's bottom bitch but Im just stating my experience so far.

I am considering them because their prices range from 12 to 18thousand including stay and theyre pioneered limb lengthening. I did a worst case scenario of having to stay for 9 months and the total cost in usd is 19700 for everything. If anyone wants the detailed costs let me know.

I contacted them about 5 months ago and the person who I have been corresponding with(Natalia) is really helpful. She gets back to me quickly and has been patiently answering every smart and stupid question that I have. And I have had many.

She answered in detail what the costs include, helped me get visa, helped me book flight, got me a really cheap but nice hotel and is even calling taxi for the consultation. 

If theyre demeanor so far is in anyway representative of their services I will most likely go with them. The only reason the decision isnt set in stone is because in two days I will fly to St Petersburg and talk to Dr Solomin and I cannot base my decision simply because Im being pampered.

You should be in good hands with them! The only downside would have to be staying in the frames for so long; other than that, however, I think you should be good.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

tx1111

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 03:35:54 AM »

Why do u have to pay for leg adjustment?

Can you point iut where i stated this previously or what you mean by it?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 03:37:23 AM »

Interested to know your thoughts on Dr Solomin. He and my surgeon know each other well and he's gone to Mumbai to teach Ilizarov courses before.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

tx1111

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 03:44:32 AM »

Hi tx1111,

I think one of the things holding some people back with choosing Ilizarov Center, and Russia in general, is because of the difficulty in getting longer visas. It seems pretty scary to me to have to fly back and forth in that vulnerable state only after a few weeks post-op, especially if you do external..

You mentioned that the Center helped you with your visa. Can you tell us what type it is? (1 month/3month, business/tourist, multi-entry/single?)

This is my experience regarding visa. I am us citizen but this may apply to EU as well based in what i read. I started emailing Natatlia about 7 months ago. She told me that i would need some kind of medical visa. For that i would have to send in info about myself. Passport, place of birth, citizenship country, where i work. They need this to submitt to Federal Migration Service (FMS) and then you receive an invitation letter. You take that and go get visa.

Since I wasnt sure i was gonna go to Illzarov center yet, i did not want o give my info so i paid 50 dollars to knline visa invitation

Damn my planes here. Will continue

manale007

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2014, 08:02:32 AM »

Hey tx1111 I hope everything goes well.
Could please provide me the email of Natalia, I'm considering the I lizards center and I would to start smiling her. Please

TomD

• Private
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2014, 08:14:05 AM »

I would advise everyone book their surgery RIGHT NOW.

Ruble is worth 68 rubles for every 1 american dollar. The currency is crumbling. Quick before the doc doubles his prices to keep up.

tx1111

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2014, 07:39:18 PM »

Continuation of explaining visa

So i paid an onlinr service for an invitation. I recieved a letter for 30 day tourist single entry visa.
when i took that to the consulate they said "with this letter well just give you a 3 year multiple entry visa. You can stay in russia for 180 days per visit."
I asked if i can do transactions and they said only tourist stuff. If i am caught making transactions on tourist visa i can get deported. So i said ok because i was just going to use this visa for consultations anyway.

Natalia told me on two separate ocassions of two types of visas they could help me get. One is a 3 year multiple entry BUSINESS visa.(same thing as the tourist visa i obtained just you can conduct business with it.

While on consultatiin when i asked about visa she said they were going to get me some kind of 30 day medical visa and that every 3 months i have to file extension which costs about 200 rubles(so basically nothing).

Im gonna get a definite clarification on this. But from my experience dealing with the consulate a business 3 year visa doesnt appear to be so hard to get so long as you out in the effort.

GeTs

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 08:07:42 PM »

I would advise everyone book their surgery RIGHT NOW.

Ruble is worth 68 rubles for every 1 american dollar. The currency is crumbling. Quick before the doc doubles his prices to keep up.
some doc charge in usd

tx1111

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 08:38:34 PM »

This was my experience with Dr Solomin.

I based what i thought about him before meeting him based on good recommendation from user exclide who is russian and a 1 diary from legs-correction.ru forum as well as some offhand remarks made there thag he is a good surgeon. I have also heard some good stuff from you guys but i did not take that into account since none of you have had him as a surgeon. No offense

Regarding his customer service skills, i was not too impressed with this but this is probabbly because i had just visited kurgan where they hook you up. Dont know how else to say this.

For example his english is not good and he does not provide any transaltion support so many times i had to repeat or eventually abandon questions.

When i asked about complications he just said "well you could die on the operating table". But not in like a dck head manner, more like a"it is impossible to predict" kind of meaning. None theless, i was unsatisfied with this answer and thought it was kind of unproffesional. So i pressed harder and asked him about the most common complicatiins, and he did not elaborate. his english sucked so i just let it go since i have done my resesrch and i already was told in Kurgan.

I asked him about visa and he said they provide no visa support. He said at best he could provide a letter saying that i would be a patient at his hospital, maybe that would help. I said sure thsnks but i know for a fact that wont work. First of all, the illzarov center said so. Second, from what i read online when researching russian visas. Third. I asked thr consulate and thats just not how it works. Russian visas are somewhat complicated and its more than just showing a letter saying i know this guy in russia. The invitation letter(which waht Solomin was offering was not) has to get approved by FMS and then the russian consulate after they scrutinize the hell out of it.

So i stopped asking questions about them helping me get a visa due to the fact i already researched this, his english was not good and he didnt seem to care about the topic. I figure if i eventually do choose solomin ill figure out the visa myself.

I then told him i have the three year multiple entry tourist visa and he said that will be fine. But ince again i know that will not be fine.

When i asked him length of time for 7cm he said 70 days for lengthening and 7 months consolidation. He basically told me for every centimeter you have 10 days per centimeter of lengthening and 1 month for consolidation per cm.

I like Solomins time frames alot more that the Illzarov center's because at the illzarov center they told me 7 months total for the distratikn and consolidation. Tbe distraction alone only being 40 days.

About accomodation.

He said be only accomodates his patients for the lengthening period. After than they have to find somewhere to stay. In my case that is not ok because that mean  not only will i have to pay expensive rent in St Petersburg but also food, utilities, caretaker and transportation. I think most people on this forum prefer to go home to lengthen so thjs should not be an issue for most of you guys. I would prefer to stay at hospital because not only do you avoid thise extra expenses but you also lower risk of complications due to being under constant watch by proffesionals.

My overall assesment of Solomin is that he would be a good choice only if you are russian or know your way around Russia very well or if you are prepared to handle the bulk of preparations for visa and accomodatiins and aftercare yourself. He has a good reputation for a reason and that is because he gets the job done, never mind his demeanor.

he does the surgery bjt he is unable to quote an exact price because you dont pay the money directly to him. It goes to finance department. That is why i think he doesnt care about establishing accomodation and visas for his foreign patients. It is simply just not worth his time. That is understandable because from the way he put it and from what i read in russian forums, there are alot of russians doing CLL and LL. Hes simply the guy who does the leg breaking, and thats all hes gonna help you with.

I analyze the hell out of things before mqking a decision so its too early to tell who i will choose but right now i am leaning towards kurgan because they had a "dude, do you know what the fk your asking us to do to you here? You do ok, well heres whats gonna happen and this is the assistance well provide" approach.

Solomin on the other hand had the "yeah sure whatever man, well cut you legs open but you gonna have handle all thAt 'visa' and 'accomodation' bullcrap on your own man. All that noise is killing my flow" attitude.

tx1111

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 08:51:30 PM »

some doc charge in usd

Kurgan definey charges in rubles, solomin maybe. The finance department was closed so we couldnt ask them bjt Solomjn quoted rubles and said i have the upper hand since im from us and ruble exchage rate sucks now.[

quote author=FedUp link=topic=1292.msg22588#msg22588 date=1418852146]
So far I have heard of two people who have done LL in Kurgan: Moshe and Mr. Afzayesh in the old forum. As far as I know, both were successful and recovered well, too bad Moshe deleted his diary  :-\, it was very detailed I think he did 7cm. I have been e-mailing Solomin too, very surprised at how fast he responds :). Good luck man!
[/quote]

Thanks  why did moshe delete diary?
Hey tx1111 I hope everything goes well.
Could please provide me the email of Natalia, I'm considering the I lizards center and I would to start smiling her. Please

Its at the bottom of the 2 posts where i detailed my consultations in kurgan. Not to sound kike a dck but you guys should read everything i write especially if you are considering those two doctors.

I reasearched the hell out of everything and i know i write mad long posts but thats mainly because i spent money and time getting this info and i want to be detailed in case i am wrong about something. i want know and be called out on it if thats the case. I figure a bunch of heads dissecting on specific topic will benefit everyone more, not just me.

Haha. Smiling her

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2014, 09:57:39 PM »

Hmmm. 4months for 4cms? May actually consider than with LON or Illzarov (don't remember which one he does)
Starting height: 185.5cms Goal/ dream height:190-193cms!
Sitting height:94 cms Arm Length: 86.5 cms 
Leg length:104 cms Arm Span:191 cms
Tibia: 48 cms Femurs:55cms

FedUp

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2014, 03:54:27 AM »

Thanks  why did moshe delete diary?
I'm not sure :( How harsh is the Kurgan's climate at this point of the year?
Pages: [1]   Go Up