Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: second procedure  (Read 1029 times)

ItsMyLife

second procedure
« on: December 11, 2014, 12:28:08 AM »

hi, for all those who have done your first procedure

1) what was your first procedure
2) would you do a second lengthening, eg, maybe humerus or femur lengthening?
3) why would you do so? is it, that the pain was not so bad after all, and it becomes "history" so to speak? I have experienced intense 9/10 pains from surgery before, and, really, the pain feels like history once it is over.

right now, I DO NOT want to undergo another surgery on my femurs. And even if it were less painful, maybe not also, because it is very waste of time to rest on hospital bed most of the time.

my abs have turned... weird? I don't know. I used to have six pack ( still probably have) but the skin turn loose? is it due to muscle loss???

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: second procedure
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 01:11:44 AM »

1. 7.5cm LON/Ilizarov
2. I thought about femur lengthening, but I'm worried about my legs looking too long.  Also, I can only realistically afford externals on the femurs, and I've heard that's really painful and prone to complications.  I'd never lengthen my arms.  I could get by in a wheelchair for the rest of my life if the worst case happened with leg lengthening, but I couldn't live without fully-functional arms.

Usually when you lose your six pack it's due to fat gain rather than muscle loss.  I think you'll do fine once you get back to your old diet and exercise habits.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 01:54:17 AM »

1. 7.5cm LON/Ilizarov
2. I thought about femur lengthening, but I'm worried about my legs looking too long.  Also, I can only realistically afford externals on the femurs, and I've heard that's really painful and prone to complications.  I'd never lengthen my arms.  I could get by in a wheelchair for the rest of my life if the worst case happened with leg lengthening, but I couldn't live without fully-functional arms.

Usually when you lose your six pack it's due to fat gain rather than muscle loss.  I think you'll do fine once you get back to your old diet and exercise habits.

medium, is the pain less once you are consolidating?

what if I do externals all the way, the pain roughly stops at consolidation?

programdude

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 01:56:27 AM »

1. 8 CM femur
2. Def not arm lengthening, they are finally looking normal, before they were down to my knees about. Tibia I would do if not for high complication risk and massive scarring(and various complaints about knee pain with some methods).
3. If I did it, it would be because I like how my legs look a lot now, and how it makes me look overall. The pain is crushing at times, but it becomes a memory fast, so if not for the previously mentioned issues it would be a serious consideration. Also I take my work and fitness seriously, and that suffers heavily from this whole process.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 03:07:13 AM »

medium, is the pain less once you are consolidating?

what if I do externals all the way, the pain roughly stops at consolidation?

The pain was non-existent during consolidation for me because I did LON.  Someone else here will know about externals all the way.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 03:08:47 AM »

Medium, I heard for China, they give lots of painkillers so the first few days are a breeze?
Pages: [1]   Go Up