Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why are so many people choosing tibias for LL?  (Read 2597 times)

Alittletooshort

Why are so many people choosing tibias for LL?
« on: December 09, 2014, 02:29:26 AM »

Hey Guys,
I am so happy that I found this forum, everyone seems so nice and helpfull. I´ve been thinking about CLL for a while now, but I never had the opportunity to coummunicate with people who have experience in this subject. I always thought about femural lenghtening since it seems easier to hide due to the fact that the femur is already longer the the tibia. I also read that the healing process is much faster if CLL is performed on the Femur. So my question is: What are the advantages of getting the tibs done instead the femurs?
Thank you very much in advance for your answers!

« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 02:52:48 AM by Alittletooshort »

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: Why are so many people chooing tibias for LL?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 02:52:01 AM »

1) Cheaper if done externally or with LON/LATN (internal tibs are usually slightly more expensive than internal femurs).
2) Safer
3) Shorter people generally have proportionally short tibia so lengthening them makes sense
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Blackhawk

Re: Why are so many people choosing tibias for LL?
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 03:14:22 AM »

I think femur lengthening has some good benefits.

Heals faster
Easier to hide scars

But for me I would have to do tibs.  If I only do 1 round of LL my leg proportions would be much better if I did tibs rather than femurs.

programdude

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 05:26:57 AM »

Easy- Doing external tibia is way cheaper than femur internals.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

alps

Re: Why are so many people chooing tibias for LL?
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 05:58:19 AM »

1) Cheaper if done externally or with LON/LATN (internal tibs are usually slightly more expensive than internal femurs).
2) Safer
3) Shorter people generally have proportionally short tibia so lengthening them makes sense
why safer?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 07:17:55 AM »

It's because the tibiae are shorter that you can get away with lengthening them more.  Your legs will still look pretty normal if your tibiae and femurs are even in length with each other.  Lengthening the already-longer femurs can make it look like you have short tibiae and low knees if you overdo it.  When I asked Professor Xia how much I could lengthen my tibiae by , he said the maximum would be 8cm, because this was the difference between my tibiae and femurs.

alps

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 07:55:58 AM »

It's because the tibiae are shorter that you can get away with lengthening them more.  Your legs will still look pretty normal if your tibiae and femurs are even in length with each other.  Lengthening the already-longer femurs can make it look like you have short tibiae and low knees if you overdo it.  When I asked Professor Xia how much I could lengthen my tibiae by , he said the maximum would be 8cm, because this was the difference between my tibiae and femurs.
that is appearance related. How is safety a matter here?

Alittletooshort

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 02:36:09 PM »

How much time should I plan for this operation in order to return back home to normal life (crutches), I'd like to do 5cm on my tibias this summer but I only have a 3-4 months gap before my semester at the university starts. Is this possible if I do LATN\LON? I am not talking about a complete recovery but I want to leave the clinic after this time.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2014, 08:22:17 PM »

I'm choosing tibias (first), because longer tibias don't effect squatting ability in powerlifting. Longer femurs, however, will.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

ReadRothbard

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2014, 08:23:50 PM »

That should probably be enough. The rule of thumb is about 1 month per centimeter for the whole process, so most doctors should let you be walking with crutches, a Walker, or a cane after 3-4 months.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Alittletooshort

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2014, 11:56:20 PM »

Will the lengthening affect my performance at the gym after everything (hopefully) completely recovers? I am a very athletic guy and I am also pretty good at running long distances and sprinting. I hit the gym 4-5 times a week and I love lifting heavy weights (especially squats and deadlifts), will I be able to be that strong after my recovery?

ReadRothbard

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2014, 12:35:46 AM »

Will the lengthening affect my performance at the gym after everything (hopefully) completely recovers? I am a very athletic guy and I am also pretty good at running long distances and sprinting. I hit the gym 4-5 times a week and I love lifting heavy weights (especially squats and deadlifts), will I be able to be that strong after my recovery?

Weight lifting seems to be negligibly affected by leg lengthening, especially if one is only doing 5 or so cm. As for endurance running and sprinting, some have reported difficulty pursuing those activities post leg lengthening, which is most likely to the new biomechanics the body has to adjust to. However, with 5 cm of lengthening, the body shouldn't have a tremendous amount of trouble adjusting to the new biomechanics.

If you are truly concerned with recovery muscular strength and endurance post ll, I would highly advise lengthening with Dr. Guichet. He has a team of FIFA personal trainers that rehabilitate you during the lengthening process. This is why I'm going with him, because I'm an amateur powerlifter and strongman.

Future space tycoon
Pages: [1]   Go Up