Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: deciding which docter is better  (Read 2007 times)

sam101

• Visitor
deciding which docter is better
« on: December 05, 2014, 08:13:08 AM »

hi everyone

As per by my recent post i have decided to go to india earlier and get the cosmetic limb lengthening surgery done.
But after all the reasearch i have done i am actually suck and i am  having a problem in choosing the right doctor.

by the way i am 166 cm tall and want to get 9 cm lengthening.

The doctors are:

Dr. Milind Chaudhary who originally performs in kola but is willing to operate in
Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai with the accommodation until i recocer.With Dr chaudhary i would get the precise nail method.

and,

Dr. Mangal Parihar who performs in his own hospital in mumbai. With dr mangal i would have to get an external procedure done like LON or Ilizarov because he doesnt performs internal methods.

Both of them are well know for their work and have alot of experience.

Also please don't post any false statement which make me choose the wrong doctor because this my life and am serious about it.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: deciding which docter is better
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 08:23:12 AM »

I don't think Dr Parihar will do your surgery if you tell him you want 9 cm for external cosmetic lengthening. He's pretty strict about 6 cm max on tibias and based on a conversation I had with him he'd likely allow even less with external femurs. Of course, if you tell him 6 cm and then keep lengthening to 9 cm he's not going to abandon you as a patient, but it's never a good idea to go against the advice of your surgeon and betray his trust. Dr Parihar has access to Precice internals that he will use if you can afford them. You can lengthen the max 8 cm with those.

I don't know if Dr Chaudhary has a lengthening limit. But I have heard some less than positive things about his demeanor toward his patients. 
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 01:02:13 PM »

Plus you wont be able to do 9cm using the Precice 2 nail anyway, it doesnt lengthen that far....

How much did Dr. Milind Chaudhary quote you for Precice? And is it Precice or Precice 2?

Cannibal

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 04:59:45 AM »

Pick the guy that has the better attitude when you talk to him.
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 08:28:28 PM »

Either doctor sounds good. Dr. Parihar has trained with Dr. Paley, which lends to Parihar's credibility. On the other hand, Dr. Chaudhary trained with Prof. Illizarov himself, which is also a huge plus. If I had to choose one, I'd choose Dr. Chaudhary, but I think you'd be in capable hands with either doctor.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Gichelu

Dr. Milind Chaudhary sucks
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 05:09:06 AM »

Was it Prof. Ilizarov or Dr. Paley who taught Dr. Chaudhary to cut someone's Achilles tendons without asking?

http://www.shortsupport.org/Health/Leg-Lengthening/joshua.html
The world is a diagonal. I am the balancing point.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 06:11:02 AM »

Damn. I was very wrong.  ???

Go with Dr. Parihar. He seems to have a good track record with patients on this site and on old forum .
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon
Pages: [1]   Go Up