Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Should I just wait?  (Read 8493 times)

LifeReloaded

• height is life
Should I just wait?
« on: December 02, 2014, 02:12:19 AM »

Hey everyone!

First of all let me tell you guys that I am extremely thankful that such a procedure like LL even exists! As a young scientist (recent college grad with B.S. in biochem hehe  ;D) myself I am fascinated of LL and its powers to destroy insecurities relating to height. A little about me: 23 year old fresh out of college, living with parents, job hunting right now. My goal is to attend medical school but I really wish I could get taller before attending because I am afraid I'll miss out on the true experience of it due to my height. I stand at 5'8 (172.7 cm) and when I started college I was only 5'6 (167cm) and was rejected many times due to my height. I am now a little below avg height in the US but I still feel this is not good enough. Not to be cky or anything but I have model-esque facial features and good overall structure with broad shoulders but when i look at myself in the mirror, what I see is a tall man trapped in a short man's body. This eats me alive and I really want to change it.

The current situation is that my parents are strictly against this procedure due to possible risks and complications but I have set my mind to go through with it. I will have to save up for YEARS if I get a job now. Alternatively, I can attend medical school and get the procedure once I'm a practicing physician. But I will be about 33 years old by then (after residency training). 33 is not a bad age but I don't know if physicians can take 4-6 months off for cosmetic reasons.

I want the best procedure possible (with guichet or betz) but I also understand that the money will take time to come. Are there any other cheaper doctors out there that are highly regarded and have excellent results?

starting height: 172.2 cm (5'8")

programdude

Re: Should I just wait?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 02:26:32 AM »

People have certainly got good results without breaking the bank.

However- looking at a lot of the diaries of generally less renown dr. diaries can be a bit scary. Just see in the most recent xia/peng/whoever comments are worrisome.

Also I'd take betz off that list.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

LifeReloaded

• height is life
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 02:28:03 AM »

People have certainly got good results without breaking the bank.

However- looking at a lot of the diaries of generally less renown dr. diaries can be a bit scary. Just see in the most recent xia/peng/whoever comments are worrisome.

Also I'd take betz off that list.

why? monetary reasons or complications?

programdude

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 02:35:56 AM »

Complications. From all accounts he's basically a LL factory with high rate of complications.

I personally met people who have gone there and had issues themselves and observed others.
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

ReadRothbard

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 02:51:43 AM »

5'8 isn't too bad to wait until you are 33. However, if you do want to be tall in your 20s, which I can totally understand, you could go with Dr. Barinov or Dr. Bagirov, for under $10,000.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

LifeReloaded

• height is life
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 03:02:08 AM »

5'8 isn't too bad to wait until you are 33. However, if you do want to be tall in your 20s, which I can totally understand, you could go with Dr. Barinov or Dr. Bagirov, for under $10,000.

Thanks for the suggestions :)

have you personally heard of stories relating to those doctors besides forum diaries? I'm not doubting their abilities entirely but I still have to do my best research since I'm putting my bones on the table here.

galaxy1

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 03:55:24 AM »

The Syrian doctor, Dr. Salameh, 25000 euro for surgery done in Germany.

Gichelu

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 04:08:48 AM »

Skip Dr. Barinov unless you want c-shape leg like he did to RGKEY. Bagirov looks good but personally I think for budget lengthening I would go with Dr. Shah for $8,000 USD in Mumbai because he was a fellow of Dr. Paley and Dr. Catagni who are both like the most experienced leg lengthening doctors in the whole world.
The world is a diagonal. I am the balancing point.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2014, 05:03:01 AM »

Nah, I don't think you should wait.  You'll want to enjoy your new height while you're in your 20s.

Kilokahn seems to have gotten good results from Dr. Parihar in India.  Dr. Peng in China did my surgery and everything turned out well.

LifeReloaded

• height is life
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2014, 05:18:45 AM »

Skip Dr. Barinov unless you want c-shape leg like he did to RGKEY. Bagirov looks good but personally I think for budget lengthening I would go with Dr. Shah for $8,000 USD in Mumbai because he was a fellow of Dr. Paley and Dr. Catagni who are both like the most experienced leg lengthening doctors in the whole world.

forgive me as I'm still researching this on my spare time but its 8000 USD for external tibias LON. 8000 is an attractive price but are you more prone to complications with external as opposed to internal methods with femurs?

GeTs

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2014, 06:17:47 AM »

catagni and palety both trained with ilizarov

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2014, 10:45:26 AM »

forgive me as I'm still researching this on my spare time but its 8000 USD for external tibias LON. 8000 is an attractive price but are you more prone to complications with external as opposed to internal methods with femurs?

These questions can all be answered if you actually took the time to read the forum instead of being spoon fed the answers on a silver platter. Sorry but theres too many of these threads around on here for my liking with the same questions being asked time and time again when a new member joins. When I first came across this forum I spent days and days and days reading majority of the threads, if not all as to not offend senior members by asking questions that are already answered on numerous threads, it provided a lot of insight and I didn't need to ask the same questions every new member ask when they come on here.

You can read most of the info on here in your spare time like I did and what ever else you didn't understand then by all means, ask away. You say you want to get into med school, then reading numerous threads shouldn't be a big problem so get to it. Its an interesting read thats for sure

Back to your problem

If money is tight atm then you'd want to do external tibias, cheapest internal femurs I'd do would be either Dr Shah, Dr Parihar or Dr Birkholtz of which all use the Precice 2 nail and that'll cost you anywhere between $45-55,000 so say $60,000 to be safe
I wouldn't go with Dr Jamal from the Ukraine who has a similar price but uses his own specially designed nail, most of his patients dont tend to do well during the consolidation phase with case in point being a user by the name of Emanuel on the old forum who isn't fully consolidated yet after 2 years, yes 2 years and still has a gap....

So if you want to do it now, go do tibias which supposedly has less complications, debatable.
External tibias will be cheaper. Cheap external tibia doctors that Im personally considering myself are.
Dr Shah - India
Dr Parihar - India
Maybe Dr Bagirov or Barinov - Russia, two different people by the way.
Not so sure about China any more atm...
They are the cheapest, head to the doctors section and make up your mind depending on your budget, time, commitment and so on.

With tibias you'll also come to crossroads
LON/LATN = get off frames sooner but have a high risk of permanent knee pain according to people who've already done it, I havent done it yet so its hearsay from me
Externals only = no risk of permanent knee pain as theres no drilling and less scars but longer fixator times

Decisions, decisions

And to answer your should you wait question, personally I'd rather be taller in my 20's than my 30's but if you dont have the necessary funds then your decision has already been made

programdude

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2014, 03:47:15 PM »

^Good information. Its fine to ask for answers, but its also essential to research, especially if you go with a budget option.

Also I second the opinion of enjoying your 20's if at all possible, since it is your dating prime which seems to be a concern for you, and the extra confidence will likely help with school and getting a job.

I wish I had been able to do it even earlier honestly, to enjoy the full decade before 30. I respect the guys 50 years old who I met that were doing this, but I can't imagine doing this with such a small return in investment.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2014, 06:47:22 PM »

Oh, and one more thing OP: if you are being rejected due to your height, then you aren't alpha enough. I've learned the way of the alpha, and no girl has ever called me short, and I'm 5'7. You have to think that you are the most masculine, badass guy who ever lived. You have to walk with your chest up high, your head up high, your shoulders wide, and a smirk that says "I know I am the greatest thing this world has ever seen." If your learn to have this immense confidence in yourself, girls won't care about your height.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

LifeReloaded

• height is life
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2014, 07:59:33 PM »

Oh, and one more thing OP: if you are being rejected due to your height, then you aren't alpha enough. I've learned the way of the alpha, and no girl has ever called me short, and I'm 5'7. You have to think that you are the most masculine, badass guy who ever lived. You have to walk with your chest up high, your head up high, your shoulders wide, and a smirk that says "I know I am the greatest thing this world has ever seen." If your learn to have this immense confidence in yourself, girls won't care about your height.

I completely agree but the problem is that I am attracted to girls around my height or a little taller like around 5'9. I just have this weird thing for tall athletic chicks but most of them want guys taller than them plain and simple, this is where game has limits and height comes into play. I do find short girls to be cute but can't have relationships with them because I do want tall kids in the future. In the end, I won't commit suicide because of my height but it def will be a huge improvement to get to 5'11 for me personally. Maybe even more if I decide to do to go for a 2nd lengthening.

Thanks for all the information guys and especially Shorty! you were a great help :)

endomorphisme

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2014, 08:14:55 PM »

i will do leg lenghtening when i will be 27-28, o in 5 years, because i don't have other choice.
It bothers me a little because i won't have enjoyed my twenties as i wished, but i think being tall
when you're older is still a huge advantage especially at works but also with women.They are not going to be suddenly less picky with height.

LifeReloaded

• height is life
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2014, 08:30:53 PM »

i will do leg lenghtening when i will be 27-28, o in 5 years, because i don't have other choice.
It bothers me a little because i won't have enjoyed my twenties as i wished, but i think being tall
when you're older is still a huge advantage especially at works but also with women.They are not going to be suddenly less picky with height.

Agreed women's instincts will always remain the same. Biologically they are programmed to seek out taller men for 'protection' which I think is bull  because shorter men are better fighters. And late 20s - early 30s are our prime years. Were at the peak of our looks and if we can improve stature too then we'll be bosses  8)

Gichelu

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2014, 08:31:41 PM »

Lol 6 feet guy thinks not being at least 6'1 has ruined his life. You need to check other aspects of your life if you're not happy man. It isn't your height.

LifeReloaded

• height is life
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2014, 08:33:42 PM »

Lol 6 feet guy thinks not being at least 6'1 has ruined his life. You need to check other aspects of your life if you're not happy man. It isn't your height.

I'm not 6'0? where did you get this from?  :o

Gichelu

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2014, 08:37:20 PM »

Talking about endomorphisme.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2014, 12:07:35 AM »

Still doesn't matter if the chicks are taller than you. I had a hot 5'11 chick (with an amazing ass) crushing on me in high school, and I was about 4-5 inches shorter than her then. But, I was alpha.

Future space tycoon

ReadRothbard

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2014, 12:09:11 AM »

I really have to ask: why are you doing ll? At 6 foot, it seems a little crazy, at least to me, to want to break your legs and stretch them to achieve a few more inches.

Future space tycoon

endomorphisme

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2014, 12:25:29 AM »

this question is silly, especially from someone  who crave for being 6'1, the height i aim.
plus i already answered it

ReadRothbard

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2014, 01:02:01 AM »

Yeah, but I have a lower starting height, so I aim big. When did you answer the question?

Future space tycoon

LifeReloaded

• height is life
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2014, 02:13:07 AM »

I really have to ask: why are you doing ll? At 6 foot, it seems a little crazy, at least to me, to want to break your legs and stretch them to achieve a few more inches.

I respect your opinions but lets not be too quick to judge. Any outsider can think that we are all crazy for wanting to go through LL but we ourselves know that there is a personal satisfaction in all of us that can be achieved through ll. Endo is 6'0 and wants to be 6'1-6'2 -- who are we to judge? If he has a dream height than it is commendable that he is actually has a plan to achieve his goal rather than someone who whines (not saying you're a whiner) about not getting what he/she wants.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2014, 04:11:06 AM »

I'm not judging at all lol! I just want to know why he wants to get lengthening.

Future space tycoon

endomorphisme

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2014, 05:43:05 PM »

I'm not judging at all lol! I just want to know why he wants to get lengthening.

i have my own reasons, all i can say is that i don't feel tall enough among youngsters and iwant to be taller, i feel short a lot and i hate that feeling, i feel inferior
i don't have a dream height, but there is a psychological barrier i d like to cross

LifeReloaded

• height is life
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2014, 06:49:28 PM »

i have my own reasons, all i can say is that i don't feel tall enough among youngsters and iwant to be taller, i feel short a lot and i hate that feeling, i feel inferior
i don't have a dream height, but there is a psychological barrier i d like to cross

I feel very similarly endo! It just sucks when I go to clubs and I am towered over by 6'0-6'3 dudes. Even a lot of girls are my height nowadays. feels bad  :(

ReadRothbard

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2014, 10:14:22 PM »

Do you live in Scandanavia?

Future space tycoon

endomorphisme

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2014, 10:36:25 PM »

I feel very similarly endo! It just sucks when I go to clubs and I am towered over by 6'0-6'3 dudes. Even a lot of girls are my height nowadays. feels bad  :(

you're right, i'm not used to going to club, but i'm studying in an engineering school, so i believe it feels pretty much the same since everyone is young.
I m not short, i'm above average for a man, and about average for a young man.
Who do you plan to see for leg lenghtening?

LifeReloaded

• height is life
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2014, 10:56:12 PM »

Do you live in Scandanavia?

I'm in New York. There's a variety of people here people around my age seem taller and taller. I usually see the prettiest girls with guys around 5'11 - 6'3. Also I come from a tall family from my mom's side, my uncle is 6'2.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up