Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Is LL so painful as people say?  (Read 8313 times)

sadboy

Is LL so painful as people say?
« on: December 01, 2014, 06:45:00 PM »

I was always wondering and I would like people who had an experience with LL to mention how painful it was and which country they lengthened at, please.

Is it as painful as people say, or do they exaggerate? Is it the type of pain that is so bad you want to scream?

I heard and saw leechlet's videos and it seemed REALLY bad but I heard from so many people that he overdid it. So how bad is it overall?

Thanks

Uppland

Re: Is LL so painful as people say?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 06:48:55 PM »

Also interested in this, never had a high pain threshold. Is there any way to prepare yourself for the pain?

Maybe it could be simulated without damaging the body?

GeTs

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 07:04:52 PM »

2 broken bones and u still asking? If people describe it as 8-9/10 it certainly doesn't look that easy

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 07:23:39 PM »

There's no way to prepare yourself for the pain and frustration of CLL by reading descriptions from other people. It's something that you only know once you experience it. I will say that the second night after surgery the pain was so constant that I cried silently and cursed myself for voluntarily choosing to do this. Not only will you cry over pain, but also likely from frustration at not being able to get any sleep for hours or even days.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 07:37:04 PM »

The first few days after the operation are hell, no other words to describe that, but not because of the pain. So don't be afraid of the pain, you will get as much painkillers as you want if you're doing it in a country with good healthcare. I took 4-5 pretty strong painkillers a day for the distraction phase, which was 3-4 months so I had no real pain but hen I realized that I got addicted to them and stopped. After that there were only a few times I felt pain, but that only happens if something is wrong (infection etc.) or if you do some physio, that always hurts even with painkillers  ;D

programdude

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 01:17:12 AM »

Believe everything you read about the first days. My high pain threshold was obliterated once the epidural came out, and the first weeks were also uncomfortable and awful.

However I stopped taking painkillers very shortly into the process since I did not find the pain to be bad, just the aches.

This was with precice though. I haven't seen the videos of leechlet you are talking about but he did use a different nail so maybe it hurts more. Honestly though, from how bad his bent knees and movement looked I think he was just more of a slacker with low tolerance most likely.

Theres no way to simulate this at all.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

sadboy

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 12:43:46 PM »

Thanks for your answers. So how are you guys feeling now/today when it comes to pain? Do you ever feel the same, before you did the surgery?

The first few days after the operation are hell, no other words to describe that, but not because of the pain. So don't be afraid of the pain, you will get as much painkillers as you want if you're doing it in a country with good healthcare. I took 4-5 pretty strong painkillers a day for the distraction phase, which was 3-4 months so I had no real pain but hen I realized that I got addicted to them and stopped. After that there were only a few times I felt pain, but that only happens if something is wrong (infection etc.) or if you do some physio, that always hurts even with painkillers  ;D

Then why are the days like hell after the operation if it is not the pain that causes it?

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 01:11:01 PM »

Thanks for your answers. So how are you guys feeling now/today when it comes to pain? Do you ever feel the same, before you did the surgery?

Then why are the days like hell after the operation if it is not the pain that causes it?

Because of anesthesia. 

GeTs

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2014, 03:25:45 PM »

programdude

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2014, 03:37:02 PM »

I was done with pain meds early, and felt back to normal days after stopping lengthening pain wise.

Only pain now is an occasional very mild one in my left leg. But its so mild and very occasional- Nothing that could even compare to the process, and I've been told it diminishes too.
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2014, 03:43:44 PM »

general?

Not only that, you will get different kind of anesthesia and a lot of pain medication, which will also make you feel sick.

endomorphisme

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2014, 07:33:57 PM »

if it was so painful, some of you would not have done it twice

Smallguy

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2014, 09:49:40 PM »

LL, especially in a third-world country, is not for the faint hearted. Some of the guys I met have US military background, navy background, professional boxer and kick-boxers. Some even practice a mild form of masochism and sadism. My first roommate, crazy 6, have Sukest massage his stinky feet for at least 30 minutes each day. And often time, I would hear a disgruntle sound of pleasure when a guy is about to endure pain.

Well, for me personally, my LL experience was obviously a painful one but yet, I hardly remember any of the pain. I just remember happy moments. The two most happiest moments in my life is one last week when I got a phone number from this short-legged chick who I will meeting today in 40 minutes and second, the night before my LL surgery. I cried in happy tears that I may be taller.
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

4cms

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2014, 07:36:19 PM »

i done mine in india with dr sarin i can say the thought that i was growing during the experience somehow made the pain seem like nothing , the worst only unbearable part really was when i had my frames removed right after surgery it was really bad , i yelled at the nurses and doctors until they gave me morphine . i guess it was because all the pins you have going through the bone and skin had just been ripped out from you bone and skin , they were siting in there for 5 momths so its going to be painful when you wake up from your last surgery to remove the pins and frame but hey think about it ..............your done your finished you done it ! just bug the crap out of the nurses to give you the good stuff ...........YOU CAN DO IT !

Now for the day to day physio let me give you a peep talk so you know the mindset you have to have , the physio but might be the worst yea , so think of yourself as a warrior . think of the times people made you feel inadequate think of all the experiences that you felt hard done by as your physio is moving you legs through the stretches and yes it will hurt but it actually wont hurt if you think in your heart and mind that your doing everything for yourself to win in this fight called life . think about how you will feel when this is over . if you feel like crying dont grunt , grunt with joy because your a champion for being brave enough to do this , i promise it will all be worth it , one of the best feelings is standing for the first time .

I was in india with sarin when i done mine let me tell you there pain meds in the guest house were not that strong , i used to bribe sukesh to get me a little more on the side lmao and so what ? .......you do what you have to do to get through it , personally it was all worth it i wouldn't take it back .

programdude

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2014, 12:29:58 AM »

if it was so painful, some of you would not have done it twice

Silly statement. Something can be unbelievably painful and difficult and still be worth suffering through.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2014, 03:20:26 AM »

It is supposed to be painful, but I hear that internals are a lot more manageable pain-wise than externals, and you do get painkillers.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

programdude

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2014, 04:34:16 AM »

It is supposed to be painful, but I hear that internals are a lot more manageable pain-wise than externals, and you do get painkillers.
The actual pain from internals are def a lot better aside from the initial trauma pain. Thats hard regardless.

The aches are the killer with internals, and probably a problem with externals as well. The actual pain is tolerable enough to stop pain meds after one month in my opinion.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2014, 05:14:26 AM »

Ok, that's good to hear.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

fromJBtoJT

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2014, 03:18:42 PM »

I'm in my second day after my operation, and the biggest pain I am having now is that I'll need to stay in hospital for 5 more days, which is very dreadful -_-

Physical pain? No. At least not now lol

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2014, 03:34:21 PM »

I'm in my second day after my operation, and the biggest pain I am having now is that I'll need to stay in hospital for 5 more days, which is very dreadful -_-

Yeah, that's the worst part. You have no pain because of painkillers I assume, that's good.

fromJBtoJT

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2014, 03:41:13 PM »

Yeah, that's the worst part. You have no pain because of painkillers I assume, that's good.

Haha I think I only got two injections of painkillers yesterday... They stopped any injections today.

Another bad thing is that I'm feeling really dizzy lol

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2014, 03:56:26 PM »

Haha I think I only got two injections of painkillers yesterday... They stopped any injections today.

Another bad thing is that I'm feeling really dizzy lol

That's quite a lot, probably the reason why you feel dizzy and of course the after-effects of anesthesia make you feel dizzy.

Do you have external frames or internal rods if I may ask?   

fromJBtoJT

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2014, 04:00:47 PM »

That's quite a lot, probably the reason why you feel dizzy and of course the after-effects of anesthesia make you feel dizzy.

Do you have external frames or internal rods if I may ask?

I'm doing external tibia.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2014, 04:43:43 PM »

There's no way to prepare yourself for the pain and frustration of CLL by reading descriptions from other people. It's something that you only know once you experience it. I will say that the second night after surgery the pain was so constant that I cried silently and cursed myself for voluntarily choosing to do this. Not only will you cry over pain, but also likely from frustration at not being able to get any sleep for hours or even days.

did u get painkillers

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2014, 05:14:10 PM »

I'm doing external tibia.

Good luck then!

afonso

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2014, 06:56:17 PM »

For me no pain when still - meds take care of that. The problem is when you have to move and you will have to move. The first two weeks every move required minutes of thought and a battle plan. 

sadboy

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2014, 08:59:11 PM »

You are at the beginning. Could you please keep us updated? I heard that the first weeks are the most painful.

fromJBtoJT

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2014, 11:48:31 PM »

You are at the beginning. Could you please keep us updated? I heard that the first weeks are the most painful.

K so... second night.

No pain, no bleeding, no painkillers, but I'm really uncomfortable of no shower.

fromJBtoJT

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2014, 04:21:22 AM »

Damn I regretted my words... lol

I was trying to get some painkillers but the nurse tonight didn't even respond my call -_-|||

I was climbing around the chair like a monkey without moving my legs in order to get my laptop plugged. How sad :(

sadboy

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2014, 11:09:24 AM »

Damn I regretted my words... lol

I was trying to get some painkillers but the nurse tonight didn't even respond my call -_-|||

I was climbing around the chair like a monkey without moving my legs in order to get my laptop plugged. How sad :(

Lol, first world problems! Anyway, good luck on your LL journey. If you feel any physical pain please let me know. Be as truthful as you can, it will be OK, you won't scare me or anything.

iwanttobetall

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2014, 01:02:42 PM »

Lol, first world problems! Anyway, good luck on your LL journey. If you feel any physical pain please let me know. Be as truthful as you can, it will be OK, you won't scare me or anything.

Honestly, I haven't experienced something that's intolerable. But you may start getting some emotions (crying, regretting, or kinda angry lol) as many people have said.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up