Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Are these goals realistic?  (Read 6525 times)

Shor7Guy

Are these goals realistic?
« on: November 18, 2014, 02:45:59 PM »

Sitting height is 92cm, Wingspan is 176.5 (with 19inch Bideltoid width). I am 171cm at night, 172.5 in the morning. I want to get to 180cm, 4cm external tibia and 5cm internal femur. Will I be able to run 100m at 11seconds like i can currently, will I be able to land big jumps (2metres plus) without my legs snapping and will I be able to play a sport like tennis the same as pre-op where you need to make fast turns? I plan on surgery when I'm 19.

Re: Are these goals realistic?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 04:05:04 PM »

Sitting height is 92cm, Wingspan is 176.5 (with 19inch Bideltoid width). I am 171cm at night, 172.5 in the morning. I want to get to 180cm, 4cm external tibia and 5cm internal femur. Will I be able to run 100m at 11seconds like i can currently, will I be able to land big jumps (2metres plus) without my legs snapping and will I be able to play a sport like tennis the same as pre-op where you need to make fast turns? I plan on surgery when I'm 19.

Doing 2 surgeries is unrealistic. Do 6cm on either femur or tibia.

Shor7Guy

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 04:13:14 PM »

Doing 2 surgeries is unrealistic. Do 6cm on either femur or tibia.

Why is it unrealistic, I thought it would be safer. Im not gunna do them back to back.

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 04:51:16 PM »

Why is it unrealistic, I thought it would be safer. Im not gunna do them back to back.

You will have enough after one surgery. Do one and you will know why I'm telling you this.

Shor7Guy

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 05:31:50 PM »

You will have enough after one surgery. Do one and you will know why I'm telling you this.

How would I recover after 6cm tibia, look at my first post to see which physical areas I mean.

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 05:44:37 PM »

How would I recover after 6cm tibia, look at my first post to see which physical areas I mean.

I did 6cm tibias and had my frames removed after 9 months, now I have to use crutches for a month while I'm using a splint for my left leg. So you should be able to walk normally after 10-11 months.

KrP1

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 05:58:01 PM »

hey 123 , if you could go back, you would do external only? or you would do LON?

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 06:20:55 PM »

hey 123 , if you could go back, you would do external only? or you would do LON?

I had really bad bowlegs, so external was the only option for me. Both have their pros and cons but I would choose external again because my doc thinks the pros outweight the cons. Just listen to your doc.

TRS

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 06:27:43 PM »

I had really bad bowlegs, so external was the only option for me. Both have their pros and cons but I would choose external again because my doc thinks the pros outweight the cons. Just listen to your doc.
123, do you know the extent of your pre-op bowlegs in degrees and did you get any height from correcting them?

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2014, 07:17:00 PM »

123, do you know the extent of your pre-op bowlegs in degrees and did you get any height from correcting them?

My left leg was 9 degree and my right was 8 degree. I don't know exactly how much I gained from that but I'm sure that I gained something, maybe 1-2 cm? But if I know exactly how much I'll let you know.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2014, 07:21:08 PM »

You'll be fine. Plenty of people have done more than that and made full recoveries.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

KrP1

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2014, 07:58:46 PM »

the problema is some doctors recomend LON aganist external only and others not.
how noticeable are 6cm?

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2014, 08:03:43 PM »

the problema is some doctors recomend LON aganist external only and others not.
how noticeable are 6cm?

I know, just listen to your doc. If he says he prefers LON than do that. But my tip is external, it's better in the long run.

6cm are very very very noticeable, you are a completely different person after 6cm. I think it's more than enough, no need to push it to the limits with 7cm or more.

KrP1

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2014, 12:32:52 AM »

I know, just listen to your doc. If he says he prefers LON than do that. But my tip is external, it's better in the long run.

6cm are very very very noticeable, you are a completely different person after 6cm. I think it's more than enough, no need to push it to the limits with 7cm or more.

Yeah . When i try to wear 6cm lifts to see how i look with them and see my self in the mirror i realice that its very noticeable. But. Did your family and friends notice it? What did they say to you? and how do you explain the height gain?

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2014, 12:37:28 AM »

Yeah . When i try to wear 6cm lifts to see how i look with them and see my self in the mirror i realice that its very noticeable. But. Did your family and friends notice it? What did they say to you? and how do you explain the height gain?

My close family knows (brother, mother, father). Everyone noticed it, they said that I'm taller  :D

I'm still young so I just tell them I had a late growth spurt, pretty simple, no one doubts that.

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2014, 12:49:52 AM »

6cm is a big difference- even more so when it's all concentrated in the one area of the body usually assigned the least amount of length by proportion to the other areas. You will be known as a long legged person after you do it. I've not been called out of proportion, but long legged as an honest assessment by people I've asked for honesty. You'll become fixated on people's knee heights relative to yours as well. You'll become aware that the rare person you find with similar knee height is actually 6-7 inches taller than you overall...
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2014, 12:56:54 AM »

6cm is a big difference- even more so when it's all concentrated in the one area of the body usually assigned the least amount of length by proportion to the other areas. You will be known as a long legged person after you do it. I've not been called out of proportion, but long legged as an honest assessment by people I've asked for honesty. You'll become fixated on people's knee heights relative to yours as well. You'll become aware that the rare person you find with similar knee height is actually 6-7 inches taller than you overall...

Maybe that's true for you but definitely not for me. Just because you have long tibias doesn't mean everyone has long tibias after LL.

Polycrates.

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2014, 01:09:54 AM »

Unless a doctor has specifically stated that you have congenitally short tibiae, then lengthening them to any degree will knock you out of typical proportion. Of course proportion varies significantly, and the less you lengthen the safer bet you have of being undetectable. When it comes to LL, everyone views themselves as the exception to the rule, when in reality, most of us are probably proportionally built within the typical range of our natural height and our LL does make us aberrations. Whether an unsuspecting eye will notice or not is another debate, but if someone were asked to scrutinize your proportion post-LL after 6cm, I'm pretty sure they would  mention something seeming unusual or odd, even if it as innocent as calling it long-legged.
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2014, 01:33:47 AM »

Unless a doctor has specifically stated that you have congenitally short tibiae, then lengthening them to any degree will knock you out of typical proportion. Of course proportion varies significantly, and the less you lengthen the safer bet you have of being undetectable. When it comes to LL, everyone views themselves as the exception to the rule, when in reality, most of us are probably proportionally built within the typical range of our natural height and our LL does make us aberrations. Whether an unsuspecting eye will notice or not is another debate, but if someone were asked to scrutinize your proportion post-LL after 6cm, I'm pretty sure they would  mention something seeming unusual or odd, even if it as innocent as calling it long-legged.

I don't really want to argue but you're wrong. People come in all kind of shapes, some with long tibia and short femur or vice versa. You probably already had long unusually long tibias, like some people, pre LL and you still chosen to lengthen them, so it's your fault (it seems like you find that this is bad) although I don't think so, because I know some people who naturally longer tibias than femurs. I had longer femurs than tibia pre LL, like plenty of people and now they are around the same length.

But in the end this is something no one worries about or at least no one should.

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2014, 02:20:17 AM »

How many centimeters did you do and in which segment/s?
Height: 177cm / Wingspan: 193cm
Sitting height: 94-95cm / current SHR: 53.7% /
Hand length: 21.5cm / Handbreadth: 10cm
Arm lenght (middle finger to acromion bone) : 85cm   | Ground to crotch: 85cm | Inseam: 80cm
Tibia:43cm / Femur:42

Polycrates.

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2014, 02:24:28 AM »

6cm in the tibiae. I now have a ratio close to, if not, 1:1 for tibia:femur.

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2014, 02:28:29 AM »

6cm in the tibiae. I now have a ratio close to, if not, 1:1 for tibia:femur.

Hmm, My t/f ratio is close to 1:1 too, Would you say it looks better now?
Arm lenght (middle finger to acromion bone) : 85cm   | Ground to crotch: 85cm | Inseam: 80cm

Uppland

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2014, 04:12:19 AM »

Thanks for being hones polycrates we need this kind of reality check once in a while so we don't get ahead of ourselves. It really is a horrible procedure, I've always thought so and I'm still not sure if I'll actually will go through with it -it's quite insane when you think about it soberly.

@680 What is your plan, how much will you lenghten and with what method?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2014, 04:19:05 AM »

My tibias are now level with those of a 6'0 friend of mine after getting 6 cm from 5'5.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2014, 04:35:50 AM »

Thanks for being hones polycrates we need this kind of reality check once in a while so we don't get ahead of ourselves. It really is a horrible procedure, I've always thought so and I'm still not sure if I'll actually will go through with it -it's quite insane when you think about it soberly.

@680 What is your plan, how much will you lenghten and with what method?

My plan is to finish uni first, I will not take a year off uni for this... I already took one year off for other reasons.
I am really interested in Cross-lengthening, I haven't decided on the method yet, I've got time to do so tho. 8cms divided in both segments should be the max.

Polycrates.

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2014, 11:05:03 PM »

My tibias are now level with those of a 6'0 friend of mine after getting 6 cm from 5'5.

Makes total sense Kilo. The guys that have tibiae like me tend to be 6'5-6'7 overall.

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2014, 11:15:43 PM »

I find this very accurate, It can be off by no more than 1-2cms.

joax

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2014, 08:39:10 PM »

Polycrates, I've read many of your posts about you obsessing over other people looking at your leg:body ratio. Do you really think others pay that much attention? I honesty don't.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2014, 11:55:45 PM »

Most people don't. Your proportions would have to be WAY off for someone to notice.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Blackhawk

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2014, 02:24:43 AM »

I would notice it.  But "normal" people probably wouldn't.  :)

ReadRothbard

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2014, 05:13:21 AM »

Exactly, only us ll freaks would lol

Future space tycoon
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up