Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: what about slowly lengthening rate like a natural growth?  (Read 7451 times)

vimpere2008

• Visitor
what about slowly lengthening rate like a natural growth?
« on: November 17, 2014, 04:54:16 PM »

hey guys , I am new here

this is quote from DG patient diary :
Quote from:
I took the X-ray and my legs are not 100% fused, and I can click if I wanted to when I tried.  Because I had a lot of accidental clicks, I actually gained 5. 5cm on my left leg and 5. 2cm on my right leg, which is a surprising result!
Walking is almost 100% normal with normal speed, still a bit difficult when I go down stairs but going upstairs is fine.  I have to say this LL thing actually works!!!

I get an idea from this quote

the idea is most people want to do lengthening quickly to reach desire height and pass immediately  to recovery stage , but what about contrary way?

why we couldn't slow lengthening rate to minimum who keep bone unfused , that means after get 1 cm while OP  (dr. guichet method) after that we start Lengthening  a rate of 1 click /8 hour , 3 clicks /day , which 0. 21 mm per day  or  1 cm in 47 days!!!

this way makes recovery quickly and allows to come back home and do slow lengthening,  while you live normal life between ur family and friends , walking  without crutches , without  Muscle stiffness or duckass .

what do you think ?

GeTs

Re: what about slowly lengthening rate like a natural growth?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 05:12:06 PM »

Pre mature consolidation

ReadRothbard

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 07:12:59 PM »

You took my words.  :D
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

vimpere2008

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 08:14:07 AM »

do u think it dosen't work , and the bone heals fast than lengthening process?

GeTs

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 09:41:05 AM »

do u think it dosen't work , and the bone heals fast than lengthening process?
it doesn't matter what you/me think, doctors never do it because of premature consolidation in CLL

TRS

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 10:08:02 AM »

Premature consolidation can cause the internal nail to malfunction during distraction. I have been told that one of the PRECICE2 malfunction case in South Korea was due to premature consolidation. 

Uppland

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 10:30:24 AM »

Shouldn't it be possible to slow down bone regrowth though, I've heard painkillers already do that.

TRS

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 10:43:34 AM »

Shouldn't it be possible to slow down bone regrowth though, I've heard painkillers already do that.
NSAID painkillers may possibly interfere with bone formation and cause nonunion. Doctors usually prescribe other class of painkillers during fractures and avoid NSAID.

vimpere2008

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 12:45:31 PM »

hey,
If any one saw rebornmilan diary in old forum , he claimed  stopping lengthening at 4.5 cm and got recovery quickly , and back posture and walking almost 100% , but the stange thing is gained another 1 cm just with accidental click !!!
So , what about get the first 4 cm with normal way then switch to slow lengthening( like 1cm/month)  after that for get fast recovery ?

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2014, 03:50:14 PM »

You know you have to push the limits when lengthening to the state that your muscles feel a bit sore and tight but not too much 0.66-1mm is the ideal rate for me (per day of course) .If you ever have LL sir you will want to finish asap not extend your treatment
Current height 5'8 Future height: 5'11 . 3 inch gain tibias in Russia.

vimpere2008

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 07:38:09 AM »

You know you have to push the limits when lengthening to the state that your muscles feel a bit sore and tight but not too much 0.66-1mm is the ideal rate for me (per day of course) .If you ever have LL sir you will want to finish asap not extend your treatment

yes , I agree but if slowly lengthening worked successful you gain several benefits
1-you can reach 10 cm without problems.
2-no more pain of muscle stiffness.
3-walking with right posture and without any support
4-growing between your family and friends , without need stupid cover story , you may just say " I am growing naturally with stretching :) "
5-come back home quickly after just 1 month after OP.
6- limb lengthening will be like fun trip.

I hope to ask Dr.guichet to confirm this work through painkillers or any way else.

GeTs

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 09:56:48 AM »

yes , I agree but if slowly lengthening worked successful you gain several benefits
1-you can reach 10 cm without problems.
2-no more pain of muscle stiffness.
3-walking with right posture and without any support
4-growing between your family and friends , without need stupid cover story , you may just say " I am growing naturally with stretching :) "
5-come back home quickly after just 1 month after OP.
6- limb lengthening will be like fun trip.

I hope to ask Dr.guichet to confirm this work through painkillers or any way else.
that's not how it works, u can't reach 10 cm without problems

vimpere2008

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2014, 10:32:57 AM »

that's not how it works, u can't reach 10 cm without problems

when the bone and skin growing together at same rate , I think we can avoid from muscle stiffness , then get 10 cm almost without big complications.

GeTs

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2014, 11:46:30 AM »

when the bone and skin growing together at same rate , I think we can avoid from muscle stiffness , then get 10 cm almost without big complications.
ballerina is a big vonplication

vimpere2008

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2014, 12:15:43 PM »

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2014, 11:58:35 PM »

Sadly you will look like a freak of nature...
Current height 5'8 Future height: 5'11 . 3 inch gain tibias in Russia.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2014, 05:29:26 PM »

Sadly you will look like a freak of nature...

Why does everyone assume that our proportions our normal? I need 16 cm just to have average proportions...
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Uppland

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 06:17:18 AM »

Why does everyone assume that our proportions our normal? I need 16 cm just to have average proportions...

Unless your legs are abnormally underdeveloped compared to the rest of your body -No, you won't have normal proportions after lenghtening 16CM. The person with the best starting proportions I've seen posted a thread on this site after doing a crazy 10,5CM in one segment. He looked decent enough but his proportions were no longer normal by any standard -unless you've had some kind of a growth deficiency neither will yours be.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 06:39:04 AM »

Unless your legs are abnormally underdeveloped compared to the rest of your body -No, you won't have normal proportions after lenghtening 16CM. The person with the best starting proportions I've seen posted a thread on this site after doing a crazy 10,5CM in one segment. He looked decent enough but his proportions were no longer normal by any standard -unless you've had some kind of a growth deficiency neither will yours be.

I did have a growth deficiency of sorts. I had precocious puberty. My predicted height from birth was 6'1.

Future space tycoon

TomD

• Private
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2014, 07:17:43 AM »

Wow. Then you are a definitely the golden candidate for LL.  :)

Uppland

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2014, 08:15:33 AM »

I did have a growth deficiency of sorts. I had precocious puberty. My predicted height from birth was 6'1.

Well are your legs very short, your arms and torso long? If they are you really are a perfect candidate -especially if your muscles are large relative to your bone lenght. I've heard of people with growth plate damages lenghtening 13CM without issues.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2014, 08:23:05 AM »

can premature consolidation occur if lengthen at 0.5/day?

ReadRothbard

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2014, 08:32:42 AM »

Well are your legs very short, your arms and torso long? If they are you really are a perfect candidate -especially if your muscles are large relative to your bone lenght. I've heard of people with growth plate damages lenghtening 13CM without issues.

My torso is fairly long, as my sitting height is about 95 cm. My arms (or wingspan) is 174 cm, or about 5 cm more than my height.

Hopefully I could lengthen at least 13 cm without issues lol

Future space tycoon

Uppland

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2014, 11:30:40 AM »

My torso is fairly long, as my sitting height is about 95 cm. My arms (or wingspan) is 174 cm, or about 5 cm more than my height.

Hopefully I could lengthen at least 13 cm without issues lol

Your armspan isn't very important mate -it's your arm lenght that matters. If you want to be 185CM your arms should be at the very least 76CM from the end of your middle finger to your acromion bone. Any shorter than that and it will be very noticeable especially in shoes.

Arm lenght is the most important part but obviously you'll want to take a long hard look at your legs, shoulders, hands and overall torso. Remember this surgery will make you taller but not wider -personally I would not do more than 11-12CM even if I lenghtened my arms because my frame is too thin to carry any height above 190CM.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2014, 11:51:24 AM »

what is the source of this ratio? my arm length is about 76 - 78 cm. as measured like that.
my goal height is 182-183.
my wingspan is only 170!
is that not important? the wingspan?

endomorphisme

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2014, 12:00:53 PM »

my arm lenght is 77 CM for 182.5 cm, my goal is 186 cm, i think i could pull it, but no more.
i have a large torso but normal arms

ItsMyLife

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2014, 06:07:59 PM »

my arm lenght is 77 CM for 182.5 cm, my goal is 186 cm, i think i could pull it, but no more.

whats ya wingspan??

ReadRothbard

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2014, 08:06:38 PM »

My guess would be no, but you should ask your doctor.

Future space tycoon

Uppland

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2014, 02:45:48 PM »

Yes you could do 186CM without looking bad at all, I would not go over 188CM though. If you lenghtened your arms 3CM you could theoretically be 193CM and still look good.
Pages: [1]   Go Up