Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who is my best choice ? (Parley vs Guichet vs Betz)  (Read 8642 times)

goodlucktomylegs

Who is my best choice ? (Parley vs Guichet vs Betz)
« on: November 16, 2014, 05:10:46 PM »

Hi I have been observing LL forum for two months.That I have got loads of Knowledges.
I'm an asian not good at english. Apology for my writing.

My Background
Male South east Asia
Age 35
Health Very Good with good athlete mobility (running ok  but not professional 100m in 12-13 seconds )
non smoking non drinking any alcohol or cafein
have only good healthy meal
Suffer from height dysphoria

Morrning Height 177.5 CM (5'10)
Before sleeping Height 175.5 (5'9)
Medium long torso
wing span 176 cm (dont care about propotion care only athletic ability and agilty
Weight 66 Kg Lean Muscle no belly
I usually wore lift +6 cm  stand at 182.5 in morning and drop to 181.5 in day time
Flexibility  - Not much need to train a lot to improve flexibility before surgey
Target : Femoral lengthening
On this thread I want to scope only femoral lengthening that i knew it is safer than tibial lenghthening and not have knee pain

Although this is height dysphoria
That my 've made my decision to do LL
I have budget for do LL with 3 best doctor
At first I think more ll is better than less ll
Example 9-10.5 cm for femoral lengthening

After i have researched from many threads
I found many of your experienced about
and drop my goal

Here the point

As my research from LL Forumorum and  makemetaller

Paley is the best doctor for LL
also Betz and Guichet are wellknown

Paley is my first choice
Paley not allow lengthen more than 8 cm (with Precice 2 maximum= 8 cm)
Advantage : Precice can lengthen by Magnetic Remote and less pain than G nail and Betzbone
Disadvantage: Maximum is 8 cm / Not allow full weight bearing can make me bore in distraction phase/stuck 3 months on wheel chair

Betz My second choice : Inspiration from OBG and Andrewschizzle  .They are awesome recovery (especially OBG with lean muscle)
         OBG = 6 CM /Andrew = 9 cm
Advantage :Betzbone can lengthen to 9.5 cm (My maximum Goal)/full weight bearing.More fun when in distraction
Disadvantage : Bending and Broken nail seems often

Guichet: Inspiration from Shyshy .He is also good recovery with good mobility
Advantage :Gnail allow to My maximum goal 9.5 cm(I 've known that Betzbone and gnail allow to 10 cm ) and It is strongest nail for full weight bearing.More fun when in distraction pphase can walk instead on wheel chair
Disadvantage : I'm disinspiration by leechlet video that made me scare this doctor btw hope leelchet best recovery.(I'm still big fan of you)

I supposed my average height is 176.5 cm in day time plus 9.5 cm with Gnail and Betzbone =176.5+9.5= 186 cm
My minimum height in evening time 175.5+9.5 = 185 cm
Its the same height as Jim Carrey or Obama that is my ideal model

At first I compare only Paley and Betz (Prefer Paley is best but Betz can give me more for 1.5 cm)
Only thing in my mind is sometime betz nail were broke from his patients activity that stop my mind

Then I looking for Guichet who has strongest nail that can let me full weight bearing instead sitting on wheelchair (Shyshy diary is more fun)
Now Guichet is my choice for 9.5 cm

But!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
from many threads for athlete ability
more lenghthening will far from recovery ,explosive sprint,athlete mobility and good agility

Then i have compromised in my mind for maximum goal
Not to greedy .Because I dont want to be a man with old man mobility

I still want to running fast at least 80-90%  from pre ll
then I decided to do less lengthening

but now if I think my lengthening ranges arounds (6.5min- 8.5max ) to keep athletic mobility and agility
Then choice back  to Paley  first and second Guichet

My choice
                              176.5 + 6.5 =183 (Paley/Guichet) = Morning time 184   / Bedtime 182
                               176.5 + 7.0 =183.5 (Paley/Guichet) = Morning time 184.5   / Bedtime 182.5
                              176.5+7.5 = 184 (Paley /Guichet) Morning time 185   / Bedtime 183
                               176.5+8    =184.5 (Paley/Guichet)  Morning time 185.5   / Bedtime 183.5
                               176.5+8.5= 185 (Guichet )  Morning time 186   / Bedtime 184

But 6.5 Cm too low for me let say 182 but maybe more agility and mobility

Now  I'm going to do yoga and t25 for increase my flexbility maybe my plan will do it infeb2015
In January i will go to meet Betz then Guiche t and Paley to witness my eyes then make decision

Now Please give me ur opinion and perspectives
Which doctor and How many CM .But I will promise to make good flexibilty before LL

If 8 cm lengthening which doctor that u prefer? I think i can acceptable 8 cm

But if 8cm ruin my life 6.5-7 that also acceptable

« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 05:47:18 PM by goodlucktomylegs »

Uppland

Re: Who is my best choice ? (Parley vs Guichet vs Betz)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 06:13:46 PM »

If you research extensively and do everything right during lenghtening and consolidation I doubt 8CM will ruin your life. However you will never be the same afterwards and when you lenghten femurs over maybe 6-7CM you risk to damage your lower legs in the future because of the continued press of increased mass.

If athletic recovery is a priority (as it should be) don't exceed 5CM. If that is too short you need a second tibia surgery of up to 4CM. That will make you about 185CM which is a tall height in asia.

Regarding doctor I'm not really qualified to say but Paley is respected and Guichet have a exellent track record of recovered patients. Didn't Leehlet lenghten 10CM? That is far beyond the recommended 5 so it's not suprising he had problems.

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 06:44:04 PM »

Then Why betz and guichet allow patient lengthen over 8 cm ,for instance Andrew or shyshy?  If I went with same amout with OBG,I would be OK?
Then may be i will lower my goal to make sure for my life. :)
Thank you for first replier
Hey OBG how do you do ?
Hope you fine and stronger .
You are my inspiration and if you see this threads please update your leg information please.

programdude

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 07:06:39 PM »

I recommend Paley, having done 8 CM myself. My only significant side effect seems to be duck ass, though its improving.

The PT center there will keep you strong if you are diligent. 8 CM will obviously affect you, but it doesn't seem as serious as some lead me to believe. Granted I am still early into my recovery, but thats the impression I get.

I heard pretty poor things from a betz patient I personally met. Dr. G is good, but I still recommend Paley just from personal experience and meeting many others who are similarly happy.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 07:18:08 PM »

Many Thanks to  programdude , I read your dialy and you have a good results .  Hope you stronger and recover as good as pre-op.
By the way ,when you were in lenthening phase. Did you boring that you can't walk? Did they have Any activities for avoid boring?
But as my first choice is Paley. But still want to walk around like Shyshy after op.
Now how do you feel ? How many percent for your legs recovery? Still numbness and stiffness?

Apology for my english.

Uppland

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 07:31:59 PM »

The nail isn't primarily designed for cosmetic use, people that suffer drom dwarfism or impaired growth might want 8CM or more. Recovery also varies between patients so you may tolerate 8CM well but I may have trouble with 5CM. I still think it is irresponsible but it doesn't necessarily mean Betz and Guichet cares less about their patients.

Shyshy is a good example of what can be achieved with Guichets focus on physical exercise and stretching. I know little of Paley to be honest but his reputation is very good indeed. Betz have some troubling questions surrounding him but quite a few of his patients have reported good post-op function.

programdude

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 07:39:25 PM »

Haven't had numbness for the whole process, only tightness. My tightness has been totally gone for awhile, pretty much right after I finished lengthening. Within a week it was noticeably looser even to the touch of a girl who had felt them before and after.

It is pretty boring there, but the first month is honestly mostly pain and focus on enduring the process. After then you will want to spend time with your friends you meet there(since many patients use the same hotel). If you drive you can find some things to do in the area, but I did not. I mostly had girls over to pass the time once I didn't feel miserable.

With crutches at home now I can walk and drive anywhere btw, so you are not very limited. I go out to breakfast/lunch and can run errands etc. with little issue. I feel totally great, which is the most frustrating part since I feel like I could just throw the crutches away and walk normal lol. I feel strong enough that I could jog, but we will see about that.
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 09:59:54 PM »

10 cm is too much for either segment, imo. Paley allowing no more than 8 cm shouldn't be considered a con, but a pro as he isn't going to let cosmetic patients lengthen absurd amounts like that guy who did 11 cm in his tibias with Salameh.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 10:29:04 PM »

Thank you kiLoKahn
Then i have decided not go beyond 8 cm for save my life
Then i dropped Betz out of my choice
Then 6.5-8 cm with GUICHET or PALEY

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2014, 10:31:36 PM »

Those are very good targets and both Dr Paley and Dr Guichet are great doctors. You should meet with or talk to both before you make your decision.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

programdude

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 04:13:01 AM »

Agreed. You have come to the safest decision you can with a pretty crazy surgery.

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 06:33:40 AM »

I made consultation with Paley in December or January .I must check i will update my further information.

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2014, 10:14:17 AM »

I have consultation with Paley in December or January .I  will update my further information.

zach2k

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2015, 07:04:16 PM »

I'm very happy that I found this, For the past few months I have been looking for someone to do this comparison, and It such great information to narrow down and compare LL options.

The only missing piece that is a key factor for me is Price can anyone give an idea of the price between all the three methods mentions?!

GUICHET:
PALEY:
BETZ:

That would be Amazing, Thank you again and keep up the good work.

Zach

please

• Newbi
  • Visitor
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2015, 07:51:30 PM »

Hi goodlucktomylegs

Why don't you consider external tibia?
I also have been checking out all forums and that looks the safer.
I did not see any disaster using externals as I have using internals!
You mentioned a few with disaster recovery.
With externals you can easily get 8 cm weight bearing on tibia and later think of doing femurs.
If you than decide on doing femurs you can do just 5 cm, which is the only really safe lengthening on femur.
You would gain 13 cm like this and have virtually no risks.

Penguinn

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2015, 09:26:39 PM »

Paley and Guichet are the top doctors from what I've seen. Good luck.

please

• Newbi
  • Visitor
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2015, 12:44:55 PM »

Why do you say they are the best surgeons?
I have checked Guichet  diaries and his results are not so great.
You have a look at the diaries too and make sure that are real! Some of them look bit weird, not really convinced by them.
Those that look really real have problems like Jay7 who got a bone brake and lots of problems.
Paley? I will check his diaries too.

Uppland

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2015, 01:43:45 PM »

You have a look at the diaries too and make sure that are real! Some of them look bit weird, not really convinced by them.
Those that look really real have problems like Jay7 who got a bone brake and lots of problems.

Then who would you consider "great"? As far as I know there are no surgeon with a completely spotless record.

please

• Newbi
  • Visitor
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2015, 02:22:14 PM »

I just say that we should find together who really is the best.

If I have to pay 100K like with Paley and Guichet I expect them to be "great and spotless" or at least charge me the same as the others.

I will keep on searching and find the true "great LL surgeon"

alps

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2015, 02:37:31 PM »

most of those were with the Alibizzia nail. Just saying, not taking sides.

Joel

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2015, 07:01:45 PM »

177cm in Asia?  Wtf?  You don't need LL .. -__-
5'5 manlet of peace
Pages: [1]   Go Up