Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: What's the MAXX?  (Read 19250 times)

kakahi

• Visitor
What's the MAXX?
« on: November 15, 2014, 04:57:45 PM »

As the title suggests....

What is the maximum increse in height one can achieve through limb-lengthening?

I have heard (through the news) that a 15cm gain IS possible if work is done on both tibias and femurs. But then again, I realise that most people on this forum aren't aiming for that. Most people seem to only aim for around 10cm. Which leads me to another question

What factors influence the height gain people are aiming for and the height that is actually gained ( through the surgery)?

I know, quite perplexing questions for what is only my second post...... But your opinions are greatly appreciated ;D  THANKS !

Re: What's the MAXX?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 05:41:10 PM »

As the title suggests....

What is the maximum increse in height one can achieve through limb-lengthening?

I have heard (through the news) that a 15cm gain IS possible if work is done on both tibias and femurs. But then again, I realise that most people on this forum aren't aiming for that. Most people seem to only aim for around 10cm. Which leads me to another question

What factors influence the height gain people are aiming for and the height that is actually gained ( through the surgery)?

I know, quite perplexing questions for what is only my second post...... But your opinions are greatly appreciated ;D  THANKS !

If you want 10 cm then you have to take a 2 1/2 year break from everything. Doing 10 cm is very unrealistic, unless you're able to just take a break from everything for more than 2 years. And most of the people who have done 1 operation have had enough of the procedure so they decide to just do it once.

All the people who talk about doing 10-15 cm are just young kids who have no idea about LL and just read on the internet about it.

If you want to be realistic then you can except to get 6cm height increase in a year. Which is quite good.

paco1

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 06:45:04 PM »

Hi 123,
You are right. where have you made your lengthening?
cheers, paco

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 07:03:35 PM »

You can do up to 20.  It's been done.

GeTs

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 07:08:02 PM »

If you want 10 cm then you have to take a 2 1/2 year break from everything. Doing 10 cm is very unrealistic, unless you're able to just take a break from everything for more than 2 years. And most of the people who have done 1 operation have had enough of the procedure so they decide to just do it once.

All the people who talk about doing 10-15 cm are just young kids who have no idea about LL and just read on the internet about it.

If you want to be realistic then you can except to get 6cm height increase in a year. Which is quite good.
correct me if I'm wrong Sherlock, but u know about LL from internet or u're telling me u've read books about it?

Uppland

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 07:46:28 PM »

I suppose 20 would be the maximum with 12 or 10 being the "safe" maximum provided those numbers are split between two surgeries on different bones. 5+5CM should be possible while experiencing decent recovery (over a long timeframe) but at that number you might be dissatisfied with your post-LL proportions and to add arm lenghtening onto that will take even more time.

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014, 07:59:53 PM »

Hi 123,
You are right. where have you made your lengthening?
cheers, paco

Won't tell you, sorry.

correct me if I'm wrong Sherlock, but u know about LL from internet or u're telling me u've read books about it?

You're wrong moron. I know about LL because I did it and I talked to orthopedics. Every idiot can write some crap about LL on the internet (just take a look at this forum), so don't take anything as a fact from the internet.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2014, 08:15:03 PM »

15 cm is probably the max for most people. You might be able to do more depending on the elasticity of your muscles, though, but I wouldn't count on it.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 08:16:00 PM »

I suppose 20 would be the maximum with 12 or 10 being the "safe" maximum provided those numbers are split between two surgeries on different bones. 5+5CM should be possible while experiencing decent recovery (over a long timeframe) but at that number you might be dissatisfied with your post-LL proportions and to add arm lenghtening onto that will take even more time.

Nope, 20cm is just nope. 4+4cm is the best safe gain, Full recovery and no biomechanical changes.
I don't want to meet the person that has done 20cm. NOTHING can justify this, Only if you suffer from extreme dwarfism, But then you have to do an unreasonable amount of AL.

If you're really short (under 5'7"), Then you probably could do 12cm max (total in both segments)
But you would be sacrificing proportions and functionality for height.
Height: 177cm / Wingspan: 193cm
Sitting height: 94-95cm / current SHR: 53.7% /
Hand length: 21.5cm / Handbreadth: 10cm
Arm lenght (middle finger to acromion bone) : 85cm   | Ground to crotch: 85cm | Inseam: 80cm
Tibia:43cm / Femur:42

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2014, 08:21:17 PM »

Nope, 20cm is just nope.

that is my all time favorite quote now :)   ;D
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

Uppland

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2014, 09:51:50 PM »

Nope, 20cm is just nope. 4+4cm is the best safe gain, Full recovery and no biomechanical changes.
I don't want to meet the person that has done 20cm. NOTHING can justify this, Only if you suffer from extreme dwarfism, But then you have to do an unreasonable amount of AL.

If you're really short (under 5'7"), Then you probably could do 12cm max (total in both segments)
But you would be sacrificing proportions and functionality for height.

Indeed I'm toying with the idea to lenghten 3 inches and the main thing holding me back is my concern for how it will look. It'll probably make my arms too short even 5CM is stretching it I think. Few people can do 10CM or more without looking strange. If I were to lenghten that much my arms would have to be at least 3 CM longer to look normal which means I'd have to lenghten them. It's a tempting idea to do arm lenghtening so that I could be 189-190 but I highly doubt I'll ever do it -It's just too much hassle my main goal is 186 and like I said even that's a bit of a stretch.

-Rather be proportionate and average than weird-looking and tall- all day everyday

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2014, 11:13:14 PM »

I don't want to meet the person that has done 20cm.

You don't want to meet SysOp from the other site?  I don't blame you, but in fact he did 20 and he's not some crippled freak show.  Just a guy with really long legs.

Uppland

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2014, 11:23:54 PM »

You don't want to meet SysOp from the other site?  I don't blame you, but in fact he did 20 and he's not some crippled freak show.  Just a guy with really long legs.

Are there any pictures of him after the operations maybe a video that show him walking/running/exercising or so?

Taller

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2014, 11:42:34 PM »

Are there any pictures of him after the operations maybe a video that show him walking/running/exercising or so?

Many pictures and a video of him can be viewed here:

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/index.php?title=Shahn_Christian_Andersen&curid=288126&diff=680520&oldid=680456

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2014, 11:52:56 PM »

Now try to imagine him without clothes on.

It's even hard to mask it with clothes on >_>

Arm lenght (middle finger to acromion bone) : 85cm   | Ground to crotch: 85cm | Inseam: 80cm

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2014, 12:24:38 AM »

This guy is a walking nightmare, He is limited to walking and maybe running moderately slow, Nothing you could say can convince me otherwise. It is really amazing that this guy can walk without loosing his balance ;D . And from now on clothes stay on all the time.

Even if you aren't looking at his proportions his long legs pop-out.
IMHO, 4+4 is the best way to go, The the absolute maximum being 6+6, There is a good reason doctors don't recommend going over 5cm.

Uppland

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2014, 12:58:19 AM »

Now try to imagine him without clothes on.

It's even hard to mask it with clothes on >_>

His legs look out of proportion but his arms must have been almost freakisly long pre-surgery because they look almost completely normal in these images. To think he lenghtened 20CM he must have had the perfect starting proportions I'm impressed. I wish I could look like that after lenghtening only 3 inches.

Of course his athletic ability is probably destroyed and who knows how he'll fare in 40 years. All considered though I think he looks good.

Yeesh who wrote that?
Many pictures and a video of him can be viewed here:

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/index.php?title=Shahn_Christian_Andersen&curid=288126&diff=680520&oldid=680456

Yeesh who wrote that?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2014, 01:04:39 AM »

He also lengthened his arms with Dr Betz.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2014, 01:10:11 AM »

Someone from Sweden wrote that. It's just an illusion, He wears hist pants a bit lower and most of his T-shirts as you can probably see are much too long for his torso. His arms are short for a legit 6'3", I don't know if he had AL but he sure doesn't look even remotely proportionate.
Maybe its because i pay too much attention to his proportions, But i bet that he feels very self-conscious about taking his clothes off. Even Conan O'Brien looks more proportionate

Uppland

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2014, 01:23:44 AM »

Someone from Sweden wrote that. It's just an illusion, He wears hist pants a bit lower and most of his T-shirts as you can probably see are much too long for his torso. His arms are short for a legit 6'3", I don't know if he had AL but he sure doesn't look even remotely proportionate.
Maybe its because i pay too much attention to his proportions, But i bet that he feels very self-conscious about taking his clothes off.

Yes I can see now his arms look short but I'd say they are wihin acceptable range (though barely). If he's wearing his pants low I agree he looks atrocious but normal enough at a glance with clothes on it took me a few minutesto see anything wrong with him adn I'm not sure I would have if I didn't know he had lenghtened his legs.

He also lengthened his arms with Dr Betz.

Really, by how much and is there any further info on that? -I'm interested in arm lenghtening myself as I (will) have short arms.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2014, 01:27:37 AM »

Yes I can see now his arms look short but I'd say they are wihin acceptable range (though barely). If he's wearing his pants low I agree he looks atrocious but normal enough at a glance with clothes on it took me a few minutesto see anything wrong with him adn I'm not sure I would have if I didn't know he had lenghtened his legs.

Really, by how much and is there any further info on that? -I'm interested in arm lenghtening myself as I (will) have short arms.

It was with an internal rod in each humerus. Lengthened 4 cm each arm IIRC. He posted a thread about it on the other site but some members criticized him for it and he deleted the diary that he had planned to write.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2014, 01:33:42 AM »

You're missing the big picture tho, Your biomechanics will change. I was interested in AL too (for proportion purposes) If you did 3" of AL (divided in both segments) your hands will be much more closer to your knees (if you did an equal amount of LL in both segments) So you need to have a long torso in order to look well proportionate and not like a person suffering from marfan syndrome. But since your arms are already short you can greatly benefit from AL.

Taller

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2014, 01:40:36 AM »

Maybe its because i pay too much attention to his proportions, But i bet that he feels very self-conscious about taking his clothes off. Even Conan O'Brien looks more proportionate

Conan is wearing his pants pretty low in your picture. Here are his true proportions:

Long legs are naturally occurring and normal looking, in my opinion. Many consider them to look quite aristocratic. I'd rather be tall with long legs than short or average with average or short length legs, proportionally.

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2014, 01:52:43 AM »

I find long legs to be okay too, But to a certain point. He clearly went overkill, I would take C.O'brien's proportions over his any day, Even tho he is disproportionate himself. And please don't tell me that you really feel short at 179-181cm  ;D

Uppland

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2014, 02:10:00 AM »

I think my body type and proportions are close to ideal right now. Fortunately I have relatively short legs, somewhat long torso and normal to shortish arms. My wingspan is only 174 though for whatever reason. However my shoulders still look kind of wide because my hips are small.

I feel like the only thing holding me back is my arm lenght, if they were 4 cm longer I could be 188- 190CM and still look normal. So you understand the prospect of AL is very tempting indeed especially since I subscribe to the notion of "the taller the better" up until 190-195.

Mostly however I just want to be 186 or 187CM because that is my dads height, as this means an increase of 7-8CM it will make my arms look short they would need to be around 2CM longer and if the only way to do that is AL why not go all the way for 4CM and get to my dream height?

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2014, 02:15:16 AM »

I think my body type and proportions are close to ideal right now. Fortunately I have relatively short legs, somewhat long torso and normal to shortish arms. My wingspan is only 174 though for whatever reason. However my shoulders still look kind of wide because my hips are small.

I feel like the only thing holding me back is my arm lenght, if they were 4 cm longer I could be 188- 190CM and still look normal. So you understand the prospect of AL is very tempting indeed especially since I subscribe to the notion of "the taller the better" up until 190-195.

Mostly however I just want to be 186 or 187CM because that is my dads height, as this means an increase of 7-8CM it will make my arms look short they would need to be around 2CM longer and if the only way to do that is AL why not go all the way for 4CM and get to my dream height?

Whats your sitting height btw?

Uppland

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2014, 02:29:23 AM »

Haven't measured exactly but it should be 95-100 or so.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2014, 04:23:22 AM »

Mine is 98 cm, and I'm only 169 cm tall. :o
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

programdude

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2014, 09:33:10 AM »

I think the limit you would WANT to do is different from person to person. Some people I met began with long femurs proportionally, and got wary about doing the full 8 due to proportions. Also being shorter to begin with makes the 8 cm more significant proportion-wise.

In my case I feel I needed the full 8 considering my arms length, and the legs look fine due to not being initial too short.

I'd never advise someone to pursue around 15 generally unless they had very short legs. Personally I'd cap it around 12-13 tops if I could magically lengthen ribs. Again though, its all individual. As far as what you could physically do 15-16 I think most people with the willpower to undergo it could reach it if they had a lot of funds and time.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2014, 12:19:02 PM »

Mine is 98 cm, and I'm only 169 cm tall. :o

Are you morbidly obese or something?
That's almost 58% SHR (57.98816568047337%) Seems almost unhealthy.

Shor7Guy

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2014, 01:21:37 PM »

I thought maximum safe limit was 12cm, 5cm tibia external and 7cm femur internal, arent these considered safe and good for recovery?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up