Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Did people notice your lengthening?  (Read 9359 times)

KrP1

Did people notice your lengthening?
« on: November 12, 2014, 12:00:15 PM »

Hello. Im 5'5 at 28 years old. I want to do two surgerys to be 5'9. But i think all the people that knows me will notice that i have done some surgery to grow that much. Specially my friends. Did people notice your height increase? How many centimeters have you done? Did they says anything to you?

Re: Did people notice your lengthening?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 12:16:02 PM »

Hello. Im 5'5 at 28 years old. I want to do two surgerys to be 5'9. But i think all the people that knows me will notice that i have done some surgery to grow that much. Specially my friends. Did people notice your height increase? How many centimeters have you done? Did they says anything to you?

I did 6cm on my tibia and everyone noticed, except my really tall friends.

Impromptu

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 12:19:39 PM »

I did slightly more than 6cm. I haven't met up with friends yet. But family members (whom knows about my LL and all) says that it's noticeable.

Either you change your friends or be honest with your existing friends. You can't hide a difference of 5'5 to 5'9.

RGKEY

• just take it day by day
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 12:38:57 PM »

Most people won't notice. Only one friend and my ex gf noticed i was taller but did not think i did LL or grew, they just thought i look slimmer and even taller.
Btw, i did 9cm
RGKEY 2.0
Original height. 163.5cms. Current height 172.5cms
Operation on 6/4/13 Tibias 9 centimeters

KrP1

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 01:40:23 PM »

For those whose people notice their increase. What did you say to them to justify the height increase?

GeTs

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 01:50:57 PM »

For those whose people notice their increase. What did you say to them to justify the height increase?
u can always do that:
-wear 1 inch lift and then tell u had posture correction
-growth spurt if under 20 years old

Impromptu

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 01:55:40 PM »

I plan to just tell them that they shrunk.

KrP1

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 02:24:27 PM »

I plan to just tell them that they shrunk.

Haha that isnt going to work if you do more than 6cm

programdude

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 04:05:20 PM »

I did 8 cm femurs and even without good posture absolutely everyone who knows I'm back is very aware. Granted they had the advantage of knowing my legs were injured somehow
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

KrP1

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2014, 04:17:27 PM »

I did 8 cm femurs and even without good posture absolutely everyone who knows I'm back is very aware. Granted they had the advantage of knowing my legs were injured somehow

So what did you say to them to justify your height increase?

programdude

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2014, 05:05:14 PM »

One of them was a dr and outright called it out. The thing is they all not only saw the height but the injury so it was pretty obvious.
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2014, 05:45:48 PM »

I stood up using my zimmer frame in front of a friend the other day and the first thing he said was "Holy s**t, you got taller!"

I think the shorter you are pre-lengthening, the more noticeable any amount of lengthening becomes. In my case it was 164.5 cm -> 170.7 cm

I think wearing lifts throughout the day can make your tibia lengthening more difficult because it conditions your achilles tendon to be shorter than natural when walking, which might make it more easy to develop equinus while lengthening later. Plus you can develop pain in that area from wearing lifts a lot and that will just be an added annoyance while you're in frames.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 10:45:00 PM by Admin »
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

KrP1

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2014, 06:31:58 PM »

One of them was a dr and outright called it out. The thing is they all not only saw the height but the injury so it was pretty obvious.

What did your friends . Family and work mates say?

programdude

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 07:11:43 PM »

Only my roommates know. No one has seen me other than them who knew me pre LL other than a fling who is 4 10 and I hadn't seen in awhile.

They were all mind blown of course.

Impromptu

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2014, 04:12:15 AM »

I think wearing lifts throughout the day can make your tibia lengthening more difficult because it conditions your achilles tendon to be shorter than natural when walking, which might make it more easy to develop equinus while lengthening later. Plus you can develop pain in that area from wearing lifts a lot and that will just be an added annoyance while you're in frames.

I wore about 3-5cm lifts regularly pre-LL. My doctor said stretching pre-op is not going to help much so I didn't stretch a single bit until I started lengthening. This probably explains why I have terrible Ballerina right now. But then again I wouldn't really know if it was really because of the lifts.

Wearing lifts to get used to your post-LL height is a great idea though. I think if I went out on flats post-LL my friends would not notice. but if I wore my lifts on top of my LL gains then it's another story altogether.

bk

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2014, 07:43:03 PM »

So 5cm is pretty noticeable? 2.54/1 inch definitely isn't noticeable at all to me, but 5 cm I've done it in the mirror and close up it seems so, but from further away I probably wouldn't notice unless it was a person I saw regularly before and was around the same height

RGKEY

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2014, 02:23:21 AM »

I woke 14 cms above my original height and no one notice it. So anything below 7cms give me a break.. no one will notice, not even you! Hahaha
RGKEY 2.0

Impromptu

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2014, 02:31:00 AM »

I woke 14 cms above my original height and no one notice it. So anything below 7cms give me a break.. no one will notice, not even you! Hahaha

What if people noticed but did not mention it/tell you?

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2014, 02:46:27 AM »

This.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

RGKEY

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2014, 02:46:49 AM »

it's fine I guess you and I would never know:)

I thought you were talking about only of people who notice it and let you know somehow, you can not count people that don't let you know, there is not way to know, only assumptions. You should only take in account people who say or dont say something. Who really knows what people think inside right? the same as if i don't write anything on this forum, who would know what im thinking if I don't say anything, answer "zero" therefore i can not be counted as a valid participant on the subject. So, yeah to be practical and accurate about whether or not people notice 14cms of height gain or not, well I can only count people who say or dont say something, and well from all people I knew 3 people notice i was bigger but they thought i looked bigger because im slimmer and more fit. At least that what they verbally expressed lol
RGKEY 2.0

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2014, 02:56:01 AM »

I'm sure they noticed, they probably just didn't mention it.

RGKEY

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2014, 03:03:47 AM »

I'm sure they noticed, they probably just didn't mention it.

Saying "im sure..." is not good enough my friend. Maybe for some people but not for me.
RGKEY 2.0

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2014, 03:13:54 AM »

Saying "im sure..." is not good enough my friend. Maybe for some people but not for me.

True, I could be wrong. But you're telling me that nobody noticed a 15cm height increase? I don't believe that. Speaking from own experience most people notice, some care about that, some don't and some few who care will mention it.

But I guess your case is different then. 

RGKEY

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2014, 03:28:35 AM »

True, I could be wrong. But you're telling me that nobody noticed a 15cm height increase? I don't believe that. Speaking from own experience most people notice, some care about that, some don't and some few who care will mention it.

But I guess your case is different then.

no one has the power to contradict a "believe" so i have nothing to say about that. But to contradict my self, 3 people, excluding my mom and sister who knew about my LL, noticed my height increase but they expressed this way "wow, you look like a completely different person, you lost weight, you look great, even taller" well and to make my case more believable, below a picture of me before and after LL

RGKEY 2.0

Impromptu

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2014, 04:35:55 AM »

True there is no way to tell if people really notice or not unless you ask them. But you cannot just "don't count them".

If someone noticed, I'd rather them tell me about it so I can some how refute them / give an excuse. But the worry is people who do notice and start coming up with their own conjectures and talk behind your back. Socially which is more 'dangerous', you tell me. Pretending that this won't happen is not really a good idea though there isn't really much you can do. but at least don't pretend that "because no one said means it doesn't exist".

Realistically speaking, 14cm is very noticeable. It's most likely that people notice it and they found it awkward to ask/mention it. I wore lifts for a good 2 years for about 5cm. When I confessed to my closer friends about it they were like "oh we knew" and that was a good 70% of the time. So yeah, people know, they are just being kind enough to not call you out. And that was a mere 5cm. You can't hide 14cm.

I think undergoing a body composition change helps to hide LL better. Because attention will be drawn to the fact that you slimmed down a lot (or became more muscular). That makes it slightly more believable and I think it helps at height gains of 5-8cm but definitely not 14. LOL.

Still, no one said anything != no one noticed. You can't assume it that way. There is no way to find out unless you ask everyone (which you shouldn't) but it sometimes easier to just assume people are going to notice whether you like it or not.

Btw congrats on the muscle gains and weight loss! :)

RGKEY

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2014, 05:00:47 AM »

So i will go ahead and say, every noticed it but no one mentioned it directly to me lol

My two best friends one night i confessed i had lifts and said literally said "what the fuc.. what do you mean?" And started asking questions about it like how does it work, why you do that s**t, and how do you buy them...

if u want to count every one like as if everyone notice it then that's ya business. I guess my experiences are different than yours, thats all:))

Thanx, yeah i lost 70 pounds:)) hard work
RGKEY 2.0

programdude

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2014, 08:12:06 AM »

At 15 CM the first time I saw anyone I can guarantee the first words would be "what the hell" or "woah you're taller"

Even at the 8 with bad posture my roomies are mind blown at how tiny the two of them who were once about my height are in comparison, and that I'm slightly taller than one who used to be. If I did 15 I'd  blatantly tower over all but one of my friends, who I'd just be a bit shorter than. I don't see how everyone wouldnt immediately notice for one reason or another, such as my mom suddenly hugging with her head at my abdomen or my dad looking into my lower chest when we speak.

I did hear of a much shorter guy who did around 7 and had no one notice, so there may be more of an "advantage" in being shorter before since people will notice less if you aren't surpassing their eye level.

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2014, 11:00:14 AM »

That's why I would never do LL after 22. Before that you can at least tell other people that you had a late growth spurt. If you do it afterwards anyone who's curious and knows how to use google will find out.

programdude

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2014, 11:15:24 AM »

It really doesn't matter. I'd prefer some people knowing that were in my life before, since its an irrelevant thing to any new people you connect with.

Impromptu

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2014, 11:16:54 AM »

That's why I would never do LL after 22. Before that you can at least tell other people that you had a late growth spurt. If you do it afterwards anyone who's curious and knows how to use google will find out.

If you happen to be at a transition point in life it's not too bad actually.

You can always make new friends after LL, find a new clique, new job, new people in general etc. But if it's family then it's a different story altogether.

Personally I lost so much of my social life after going through LL (being isolated and all) that I'll probably have to start all over again once Ive recovered. So majority of people i'll be meeting after LL won't be people who know me prior to LL.

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2014, 11:20:27 AM »

If you happen to be at a transition point in life it's not too bad actually.

You can always make new friends after LL, find a new clique, new job, new people in general etc. But if it's family then it's a different story altogether.

Personally I lost so much of my social life after going through LL (being isolated and all) that I'll probably have to start all over again once Ive recovered. So majority of people i'll be meeting after LL won't be people who know me prior to LL.

That's sad.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up