Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Are my proportions acceptable?  (Read 12965 times)

SpiderProwler

Are my proportions acceptable?
« on: November 10, 2014, 10:53:23 PM »

Current height: 5'8    Sitting height: 94 cm    Wingspan: 173 cm  :(
Goal: 5'11 - 6'1

At 5'11: http://i.imgur.com/MyYwN8h.jpg
At 6'1: http://i.imgur.com/0BjtDP9.jpg

Do you guys think I could pull of 6'1? Obviously my arms are short, but I don't mind having short arms, even to a slightly weird extent, as long as it's not freakish. 

KrP1

Re: Are my proportions acceptable?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 11:16:43 PM »

look fine for me in 5`11

SpiderProwler

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 11:19:47 PM »

look fine for me in 5`11

I know I do. That's why my question was about 6'1.

kunta kinte

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 12:20:56 AM »

I wouldn't go above 5'11", it looks weird. Do the surgery and get to 5'11" and then buy a pair of airmax  ;)

SpiderProwler

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 12:31:10 AM »

Does anyone think the 6'1 pic looks freakish? Like I said, weird is ok as long as its not egregious.

Uppland

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 01:55:13 AM »

6'1 doesn't look normal I'm sorry but I didn't see anything off in the first picture. Your arms will look a bit small but if you fill them up with muscle mass you should be fine.

SpiderProwler

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 02:00:25 AM »

I think you guys are a bit picky about proportions. I showed it to others and they said it looked a bit off but not freakish.

SpiderProwler

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 02:41:42 AM »

Here's a better version of the 6'1 pic. Perhaps the worse quality was affecting your perceptions.

http://i.imgur.com/k9VWAof.jpg

Taller

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 02:44:41 AM »

I think you'd need arm lengthenig too to pull off 6'1.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2014, 02:50:26 AM »

Your arms look short in both pics imo, but 5'11 is doable no doubt. I dont think anyone would notice anything strange other than people who are aware of proportions and LL.

SpiderProwler

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 02:53:25 AM »

Your arms look short in both pics imo, but 5'11 is doable no doubt. I dont think anyone would notice anything strange other than people who are aware of proportions and LL.

I don't think 6'1 looks freakish. It is weird to us who look at proportions but it's not freakish, is it?

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 11:47:31 AM »

I don't think 6'1 looks freakish. It is weird to us who look at proportions but it's not freakish, is it?

If you're looking for approval, Go to the old forum where people will say that you look good even doing 6 inches, And be disproportionate for the rest of your life.
5'11" looks fine, But you really have short arms. Don't go over 5'11"
Height: 177cm / Wingspan: 193cm
Sitting height: 94-95cm / current SHR: 53.7% /
Hand length: 21.5cm / Handbreadth: 10cm
Arm lenght (middle finger to acromion bone) : 85cm   | Ground to crotch: 85cm | Inseam: 80cm
Tibia:43cm / Femur:42

SpiderProwler

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 04:56:33 PM »

If you're looking for approval, Go to the old forum where people will say that you look good even doing 6 inches, And be disproportionate for the rest of your life.
5'11" looks fine, But you really have short arms. Don't go over 5'11"

Oh look another guy who likes to subtly flaunt about his proportions over others on the forum. I've actually showed the pic to dozens of people not in the LL world and they didn't notice anything off. Only people aware of proportions notice it. Fact is I would probably go years before anyone noticed something wrong outright. It's a small percentage change in arm length: 42 to 39%.

GeTs

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2014, 05:04:42 PM »

I call u a troll

SpiderProwler

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2014, 05:10:55 PM »

I call u a troll

I guess it's hard for people to understand I am doing this for very practical reasons: dating. I don't give a   if my arms look bad. As long as it's not outright freakish and conspicuous that's good enough for me. The added height will have a positive effect on my dating life whereas the added disproportionality will most likely have 0 effect.

Uppland

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2014, 05:26:50 PM »

I guess it's hard for people to understand I am doing this for very practical reasons: dating. I don't give a s**t if my arms look bad. As long as it's not outright freakish and conspicuous that's good enough for me. The added height will have a positive effect on my dating life whereas the added disproportionality will most likely have 0 effect.

If you're concerned about dating then lenghten to 5'11 and buy a gym membership, get a nice haircut, buy some good looking clother, work on your charm and see if you won't end up a casanova a few years down the line.

If you really want to get to 6'1 (and I understand that I really do) you need arm lenghtening as well. I'm sorry but it looks bad you will just have to weigh the pros and cons of getting extra surgery, I have kind of short arms as well so I've thought alot about this and trust me 3 inches is the most your frame can tolerate without somehow lenghtening your arms.

SpiderProwler

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2014, 05:32:01 PM »

If you're concerned about dating then lenghten to 5'11 and buy a gym membership, get a nice haircut, buy some good looking clother, work on your charm and see if you won't end up a casanova a few years down the line.

If you really want to get to 6'1 (and I understand that I really do) you need arm lenghtening as well. I'm sorry but it looks bad you will just have to weigh the pros and cons of getting extra surgery, I have kind of short arms as well so I've thought alot about this and trust me 3 inches is the most your frame can tolerate without somehow lenghtening your arms.

The thing is you're analyzing this from the perspective of someone whose brain is highly attuned to notice disproportionality. When I showed this to people outside the LL community and asked them if they see anything weird, they said: "hairy, skinny, blurred out face", etc. Nobody picks up on the arm length unless I tell them.

Fact is if I get to 6'1 the cons will just about never come into play and the reality of being actually "tall" would help a lot. I guess I should just ask people outside the LL world as those are the opinions that matter - people who have never thought about or carefully examined arm proportions in their life.

SpiderProwler

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2014, 05:32:20 PM »

double

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2014, 05:38:42 PM »

+1, You will be sorry when you sit next to a genuine 6'1" , And see ALL the proportion differences like: hand size,head size,width and etc. How many 6'1" people have you seen with a wingspan of 173cm?
Even if you do AL you won't be proportionate, You cant lengthen this much.
Arm lenght (middle finger to acromion bone) : 85cm   | Ground to crotch: 85cm | Inseam: 80cm

SpiderProwler

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2014, 05:42:47 PM »

It's funny how the phrasing is I "need" arm lengthening. LOL. Fact is not a single person outside the LL world noticed something wrong. I will probably lengthen to 6'1, enjoy the benefits of being considered tall, and get a comment about my arms once in a blue moon.

Arm length is usually guaged compared to torsos btw. The amount of times most people gauge arm length relative to total height is usually 0 in their entire lives.

GeTs

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2014, 05:45:30 PM »

such amount of lengthening will require 3+ years to recover,just do 5'11 and ur arms will still look good

SpiderProwler

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2014, 05:46:59 PM »

such amount of lengthening will require 3+ years to recover,just do 5'11 and ur arms will still look good

No it wont. 7.5 cm femurs first, 5-5.5 tibias like 7-8 months later, by a years time I will probably be walking again and able to interact socially. Sports can wait.

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2014, 05:49:00 PM »

Sorry but LL is nothing for you. Doing LL for dating is as retarded as it gets. You will probably have a mental breakdown before you even get to 6cm, because you sound like a wimp.

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2014, 05:50:53 PM »

GeTs

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2014, 05:52:12 PM »

Sorry but LL is nothing for you. Doing LL for dating is as retarded as it gets. You will probably have a mental breakdown before you even get to 6cm, because you sound like a wimp.
u do too  ::)

SpiderProwler

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2014, 05:53:44 PM »

And people say this forum is nicer  :D :D

Doing LL for no practical purpose and just for personal height neurosis is actually much dumber in my opinion but I don't like to rustle people's feathers. If you're not happy with yourself before you have much bigger mental issues. Fact is height for men is hugely important in dating. 6'1 vs 5'11 is a significant improvement.

I guess people are so hugely blinded by proportions considerations they don't realize no one in real life gives a flying f*** unless it's freak-tier.

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2014, 06:01:57 PM »

Doing LL for no practical purpose and just for personal height neurosis is actually much dumber in my opinion but I don't like to rustle people's feathers. If you're not happy with yourself before you have much bigger mental issues. Fact is height for men is hugely important in dating. 6'1 vs 5'11 is a significant improvement.

I guess people are so hugely blinded by proportions considerations they don't realize no one in real life gives a flying f*** unless it's freak-tier.

By all means, Go for it. Remember to keep us updated.

So being okay with your self-image and doing this extremely invasive surgery for a larger dating pool is a-okay, But doing it to be happy and in peace with yourself is "dumb" ?

This forum is a thousand times better than the other, Its more realistic and conservative.
Maybe a bit inactive compared to the old forum but i think that this community is much better.

SpiderProwler

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2014, 06:13:13 PM »

+1, You will be sorry when you sit next to a genuine 6'1" , And see ALL the proportion differences like: hand size,head size,width and etc. How many 6'1" people have you seen with a wingspan of 173cm?
Even if you do AL you won't be proportionate, You cant lengthen this much.

Firstly my head is above average, it will be perfectly normal for 6'1. My torso will be a bit small, maybe 30th percentile. Obviously I will never be a true 6'1 guy because my bones are simply not that long and big. I'm not trying to be. This isn't a self-image issue where I need to be a "true" tall person. I just want to get the social benefits of being tall while getting by with somewhat off proportions.

In regards to your second post, I think it makes much more sense to do this for a tangible life benefit than to do it for a neurosis. Both are fine in my book, capitalism allows you to spend your money however you want. I think this is all semantics anyways. I get insecure being one of the shorter guys or being shorter than a girl, knowing how much they care about height. It's all relative to others anyways, height doesn't matter in a vacuum.

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2014, 06:34:59 PM »

Another virgin, if you can't get any pussy now you never will. Doesn't matter how tall you are. LL won't change your life as drastically as you think it will. But whatever, you sound like one these guys who will probably never do LL.

And btw. girls don't give a fk if you are 5'11 or 6'1, if you are above 5'10 you're fine, unless she is 5'11 or something like that.

You really think height is all you lack? Wear some boots, you still won't have any dates because you're probably ugly as fk.

SpiderProwler

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2014, 06:38:42 PM »

Another virgin, if you can't get any pussy now you never will. Doesn't matter how tall you are. LL won't change your life as drastically as you think it will. But whatever, you sound like one these guys who will probably never do LL.

And btw. girls don't give a f**k if you are 5'11 or 6'1, if you are above 5'10 you're fine, unless she is 5'11 or something like that.

You really think height is all you lack? Wear some boots, you still won't have any dates because you're probably ugly as f**k.

I've gotten laid a fair number of times and I'm decent looking. Regardless, I think this guy should be banned. You guys are telling me this is the "legit" forum meanwhile guys like this are lowering the standards here below anything on the old forum.

Taller

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2014, 07:08:19 PM »

We're only giving you our opinions to try to help you. Do you realize that? We're not trying to insult you by saying you'd look bad at 6'1. We're just saying that you may really want to look at that mockup before permanently modifying your one and only body.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up