Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anesthesia for LL?  (Read 2396 times)

iwanttobetall

Anesthesia for LL?
« on: November 10, 2014, 04:46:42 AM »

Hi guys, I'm curious about the type of anesthesia you guys received for LL.

I have heard that most of the doctors use general anesthesia, but did you guys got intubation (got put a tube over your throat?)?

Thanks!

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Anesthesia for LL?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 05:00:46 AM »

In Beijing I got a combination of an epidural and some light general.  It didn't knock me all the way out, but I was pretty delirious during the whole surgery and couldn't feel anything because of the epidural.

Impromptu

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 08:59:59 AM »

I think I got general anaesthesia. I don't remember exactly but I'm not sure if it was administered from the throat or some vein in my arm. Actually I wouldn't really know what was the stuff they put in me that knocked me out haha.

I was knocked out pretty much the entire time. The scary thing is how I woke up promptly after the operation ended. To sum it up it's like a few hours of my life that was robbed and never got to experience. but that's the whole point anyway right. hah.

iwanttobetall

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 11:41:28 AM »

Haha I'm just wondering whether you guys felt throat sore/hard to talk after waking up  ???

Impromptu

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 11:56:12 AM »

Yeah I had a sore throat for the next couple of days in the hospital. But I had no difficulties talking.

Disobedient

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 02:15:12 PM »

Now as I had many surgeries so I got to experience each option at least twice  :o
so here is the thing, I'd recommend you to have epidural even if you choose general anesthesia since it kinda eliminate the pain
if it was you first time to have general anesthesia, so you'll be tired and you'll have strong headache after the surgery, this may last for day or two..
but the second time you have general anesthesia you won't feel a thing ..
here some tips you may use

1- always after the surgery take pain killer even if you don't have pain ? stupid right ? but actually that makes your whole body relax and you''ll sleep well even if you didn't have sleeping pills .. that's bring us to what kind of pain killer  2 tramadol tablets will be just fine

2-if you used spinal anesthesia (epidural), asked the doctor for sleeping pills if he didn't offer you, there is no point to be awake during the surgery ! ..

3- whether you felt cold or you didn't , usually if you lost some blood you're body will be cold, so asked for extra blanket and hot tube ( I think they call it that ) ..

programdude

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 03:59:52 AM »

I was knocked right the hell out. Didn't even realize the surgery had been done on the other side.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 04:13:22 AM »

Spinal epidural. Very uncomfortable when they first do it but eventually your entire lower body goes numb. It doesn't make you drowsy so you can be awake during the operation. I fell asleep each operation though because I'd stay up the entire day before.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

iwanttobetall

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 04:31:02 AM »

Thanks guys! Ima choose spinal epidural if this option is available (oppose to general).

I actually had some experiences with spinal lol so it prolly isn't that bad
Pages: [1]   Go Up