Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Sad, Conflicted, Desperate, and Angry  (Read 16962 times)

gibzster

• Visitor
Sad, Conflicted, Desperate, and Angry
« on: October 31, 2014, 12:43:40 AM »

I am a 16 year old female, and I am 5 feet (160 cm) tall...not an 8th of an inch taller.

I am done growing. I am not getting any taller...ever. I. am. so. short. My sister who is 3 years younger than me is taller than I am, and she is still growing.

I don't know what happened to me. It troubles me so. Every time I think about it, I just want to break something and scream.

I look like an 11-year-old. People tell me this all of the time. SOOOO many people have commented on my height. Everyone looks down on me. Really tall people pat my head like I am a dog. They have been doing this since the 5th grade, and I never knew why until asked a senior guy last year. I finally solved that mystery.

I WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR 3-4 INCHES. If a magical genie came and said I could be as tall as I wanted, I would choose 5 foot 8. 5 foot 3 is  good enough in reality.

My biggest problem is money. I am already poor and will most likely be going to college on scholarship/grants/loans. I don't have the money for this surgery. I really wish I could get this surgery before I go to college. I feel like my chances with guys will be even worse with my stupid height. I guess I could save my butt off for 3 or 4 years. Idk.

I can't wear heels 24/7. They hurt like crap. They don't fit my everyday style.

My question for you guys: Is it worth it. Should I save up for this? I wish I didn't have to. I wish I had been born taller. I feel like I will always be "cute" as a short person. I feel like a child. I need advice.

Cannibal

Re: Sad, Conflicted, Desperate, and Angry
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 01:16:11 AM »

I've always thought petite women are way more attractive than tall women. Any woman over 5'6 is just too unfeminine and weird for me. 5'8 would be like 90% percentile of height for women. Why would you need to be that tall to feel okay with yourself? I think there is a study or two out there concluding that short women are more desirable than tall women too, so in terms of your height affecting your chances with men in college I'd say don't worry about it. Most men dig petite women and I don't think the difference between 5'0 and 5'2 or 5'3 will mean anything for a guy. And sure people commenting that you look young can be annoying but I really don't think it's worth getting leg lengthening over.
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

YellowSpike

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 01:37:47 AM »

OP, you don't need to worry one bit. The hottest girl at my gym is 5ft, and I would wife her in a heartbeat. Men of all heights love petite women, trust me. You do NOT need this surgery!

Wannabegiant

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 02:44:32 AM »

Ive met many hot girls who where ca 160 cm and this is in Sweden, its not that bad of a height for a girl.

TRS

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 03:14:36 AM »

I remember back in high school, my friend's 5 ft female cousin came to visit him and I swear all the guys ranging from 5'0-6'5 were checking her out and wanted her number from my friend. It's ok for girls to be short and I agree with the above comments that petite women are considered very attractive. LL is a personal decision and it would be unfair to live with height neurosis for your whole life. So if you really want LL, I'd say concentrate on school first and get the best grades possible, save up and then pursue LL. Look through the doctors list in the forum, you will be able to find affordable doctors if you have financial difficulties. Do a lot of research on LL and don't hesitate to ask questions on this forum.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 03:55:54 AM »

I agree with the group here. You don't need it. 5' is a fine height for a girl and won't hinder your chances with guys.

Morgenst.

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 03:56:02 AM »

I say if you're truly unhappy do it. You gotta be willing sacrifice for surgery if you're poor though, whether that means working extra and eating ramen noodles every day to save every dollar or maxxing out your cards. I don't think by telling you 'Hey it's okay small girls are cute' is gonna help a bit.. since that's clearly not what you want to be seen as. To say don't do it when what you're describing is equal to what every guy on here says is borderline misogynistic. Feeling inadequate is gender less and the discomfort is equal whether there is more social acceptance to you for being a female or not. It's a personal decision that only you can truly say whether you need it or not. So if you absolutely cannot see a way to be happy at your height ever, then go for it. It's simple.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 04:24:23 AM »

When I look at a woman, her height is not a factor that I care about - not at all. And I tend to prefer cute women over sexy. Most men wouldn't care. You don't have anything to worry about, your height will never hinder your chances of dating! Don't do the same mistake as I did; I kept reading height-related stuff throughout college and it made me very unhappy. I shouldn't have logged on to Limb Lengthening related websites all the time because eventually that becomes all you think about, and it prevents you from focusing on the beauties of life. If you're absolutely sure that you want to do this, find a part-time job in college and start saving. But I repeat, I don't think you need this surgery. Best of luck.

Harsh

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 04:34:38 AM »

Hey You  are Lucky You are about 5' 3" after Surgery you can gain upto 5'5" You are not of 5"

Wannabegiant

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 05:12:05 AM »

I say if you're truly unhappy do it. You gotta be willing sacrifice for surgery if you're poor though, whether that means working extra and eating ramen noodles every day to save every dollar or maxxing out your cards. I don't think by telling you 'Hey it's okay small girls are cute' is gonna help a bit.. since that's clearly not what you want to be seen as. To say don't do it when what you're describing is equal to what every guy on here says is borderline misogynistic. Feeling inadequate is gender less and the discomfort is equal whether there is more social acceptance to you for being a female or not. It's a personal decision that only you can truly say whether you need it or not. So if you absolutely cannot see a way to be happy at your height ever, then go for it. It's simple.

I dont agree that you can call it the same thing, its not equal. Some problems are internal and some are external, some are both. Internal problems can usually be fixed by working on other ways to be happy. External problems will always be there even if you try your best to ignore them.

And short men face far more external discrimination than short women do.

Her problem is mainly internal, but if she truly cannot find another way to be happy with herself, then of course she should do LL.

Morgenst.

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2014, 05:39:05 AM »

Everything she was describing was internal though and that's what I was commenting on. Men face external scrutiny for height more than women yes but all she said was that she wasn't comfortable with herself and thought of herself as having a child's height. Those factors are all like you said internal and are what brings most guys to LL, that is the feeling to be comfortable with themselves right? I just find it funny that she describes everything these guys probably haven felt about their height and only 1 sentence about attracting mates, and yet that's what everybody bases their comments of whether she should do it on. Lol I'm not feminist but I were damn guys.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2014, 05:55:06 AM »

Everything she was describing was internal though and that's what I was commenting on. Men face external scrutiny for height more than women yes but all she said was that she wasn't comfortable with herself and thought of herself as having a child's height. Those factors are all like you said internal and are what brings most guys to LL, that is the feeling to be comfortable with themselves right? I just find it funny that she describes everything these guys probably haven felt about their height and only 1 sentence about attracting mates, and yet that's what everybody bases their comments of whether she should do it on. Lol I'm not feminist but I were damn guys.

Since she confirms herself what most guys would assume when it comes to short girls, ie that they dont face much if any external discrimination, i think it is even more important to consider that there might be some easier way to become happy with herself.

Its kind of similar to how many people here tell the tall guys (those who are over 180 cm) that they should consider other ways to become happy before deciding to do LL. Because guys at 180 cm have mostly internal problems as well when it comes to height. 

Wannabegiant

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2014, 06:02:35 AM »

Btw i need to add after re-reading her OP, i realize that she claims to face some sort of external discrimination however, but honestly those things seem more like what people do at that age, trying to be funny at others expense.

You are only 16, when you are an adult and you start dressing more mature as well (even your face and body should mature a bit more as you reach your mid twenties) by that time guys are not going to disrespect you, especially if they are interested in dating you or such.

The few guys who are still condescending by that age are the typical  s who would do that to any person who has some kind of feature which is easy to point out, like big noses or being too skinny or hairy etc.

Uppland

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2014, 09:10:05 AM »

It's your choise but please know that height is completely irrelevant for attracting men. I personally like short girls alot and so does all of my friends ranging from barely a decimeter taller than you to more than 30CM above your height -they all like short women.

You can definitely be sexy and short it's actually easier when you're short because you will gain the kind of curves men go wild for with just a proper diet and some gym trips. Tall girls will have to put on a lot of weight to resemble anything other than a skeleton (very unattractive).

You might have a harder time being "elegant" but on the other hand you will be so much more feminine than other women. I've lost count at how many tall women have been complaining that they can't wear heels, they feel like a behemoth, "the tall men like short girls" (that's you) etc.

So do the surgery if you really feel like you want it. You will lose some of your leg function, alot of money, alot of time and it will hurt like hell. I took a long time to even consider this operation and I'm still not sure if I'm actually going to do it, the more you think about it the crazier it seems. Be glad you're not a short man -that really is stigmatizing.

Disobedient

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2014, 09:28:35 AM »

choose one, girl!
it's either you're 5 ft or you're 160cm !
you can't be both of them at the same time ..

if you're  5 ft, yes you need the surgery.. just remember it's a painful, it's time consuming, etc
but if you're 160cm, no you don't need it,  just wear  10 cm heal, I used to run with 8cm heal..

Disobedient

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2014, 09:31:13 AM »

choose one, girl!
it's either you're 5 ft or you're 160cm !
you can't be both of them at the same time ..

if you're  5 ft, yes you need the surgery.. just remember it's a painful, it's time consuming, etc
but if you're 160cm, no you don't need it,  just wear  10 cm heal, I used to run with 8cm heal..

hmm now that I read my post again, You don't need it if you're 160cm, but adding 5-6cm would be amazing too

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2014, 09:54:38 AM »

The reason you look like a 11 year old isn't your height. It's probably how you dress yourself and your make-up. Focus more on that, will save you a lot of pain and trouble.

I know a few really short women. Some look like kids, some look like women. Nothing to do with height.

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2014, 10:45:16 AM »

Sorry guys but no point sugar coating this, yes its fine being cute and all and Im sure it is great but only if you like being seen as cute and cuddly, clearly the op doesnt like being the 'cute' one of the group and or get treated like an 11 year old. Same for guys who are 5ft5 and girls says 'you're cute', some would take it as a compliment while others will go home, pick a corner and sit in it and cry for the next 3 days  :-[ If you happen to be the latter then honestly there really is no sugar coating it, if you want change you got to go after it, you wont magically wake up 4 inches taller....

Start saving which is already clearly stating the obvious, see if you can get a student loan but only use this as a last resort. Loans and LL are two things I never want to put in the same line.
And eventually do the surgery a year from now or 10 years from now, who knows it depends on how well you can save and how much money you can earn. If you are as poor as you say you are then you have no choice but to finish uni/college, hopefully get a half decent job and save, save, save.

Wont be easy but not impossible either, good luck

TRS

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2014, 12:23:06 PM »

I am a 16 year old female, and I am 5 feet (160 cm) tall...not an 8th of an inch taller.
5ft = 152.4cm
5ft3 = 160.02cm

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2014, 01:36:06 PM »

The reason you look like a 11 year old isn't your height. It's probably how you dress yourself and your make-up. Focus more on that, will save you a lot of pain and trouble.

I know a few really short women. Some look like kids, some look like women. Nothing to do with height.

This.

KrP1

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2014, 01:37:35 PM »

leg lengthening is for males or womans under 5`1 . There is no social advantage for a woman of 5´3 in be taller. short girls are considered more atractive than taller ones.

GeTs

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2014, 01:56:16 PM »

I am done growing. I am not getting any taller...ever. I. am. so. short. My sister who is 3 years younger than me is taller than I am, and she is still growing.

I don't know what happened to me. It troubles me so. Every time I think about it, I just want to break something and scream.

I look like an 11-year-old. People tell me this all of the time. SOOOO many people have commented on my height. Everyone looks down on me. Really tall people pat my head like I am a dog. They have been doing this since the 5th grade, and I never knew why until asked a senior guy last year. I finally solved that mystery.

I WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR 3-4 INCHES. If a magical genie came and said I could be as tall as I wanted, I would choose 5 foot 8. 5 foot 3 is  good enough in reality.

My biggest problem is money. I am already poor and will most likely be going to college on scholarship/grants/loans. I don't have the money for this surgery. I really wish I could get this surgery before I go to college. I feel like my chances with guys will be even worse with my stupid height. I guess I could save my butt off for 3 or 4 years. Idk.

I can't wear heels 24/7. They hurt like crap. They don't fit my everyday style.

My question for you guys: Is it worth it. Should I save up for this? I wish I didn't have to. I wish I had been born taller. I feel like I will always be "cute" as a short person. I feel like a child. I need advice.
U're childish, grow up, also u said u're poor, that proves even more my point that u have to grow up,u really think u'll find a job with this mentality?
LL wise: long tibias are seen as beautiful in a women, so tibias are cheaper,safer and more aesthetic

leg lengthening is for males or womans under 5`1 . There is no social advantage for a woman of 5´3 in be taller. short girls are considered more atractive than taller ones.

LL is for people suffering dwarfism, for anyone else is just a cosmetic procedure

endomorphisme

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2014, 02:21:25 PM »

when she will be 5'8" she will only date 6 footer  ???

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2014, 02:46:17 PM »

when she will be 5'8" she will only date 6 footer  ???

Pretty sure she already tries too now...?

Uppland

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2014, 03:54:15 PM »

Pretty sure she already tries too now...?

Short girls are the pickiest about height

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2014, 04:11:13 PM »

What the fk is wrong with you? Stop accusing people, she asked for advice, not for your bashing her and short girls in general. Stop this, this is disrespectful...

Treat other people with more respect...

Uppland

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2014, 04:19:29 PM »

What the f**k is wrong with you? Stop accusing people, she asked for advice, not for your bashing her and short girls in general. Stop this, this is disrespectful...

Treat other people with more respect...

You're overeacting we didn't mean to disrespect her. I've also already given my honest opinion as she asked. Refer to my earlier post

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2014, 04:33:19 PM »

You're overeacting we didn't mean to disrespect her. I've also already given my honest opinion as she asked. Refer to my earlier post

Yeah, "Short girls are the pickiest about height". Very nice of you to generalize all the short girls of being shallow. That's no disrespect at all. It's like saying all short guys are aggressive. 

Morgenst.

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2014, 09:32:22 PM »

Stick to my earlier comment, misogynistic as hell it's terribly sad. If the girl wants to feel better in her skin what's the fking problem? We're all gods and tell her it's ridiculous because they don't get stigmatized? So the only reason we get this done is cause we're stigmatized and not to feel better about ourselves internally? If you you say yes that's bs.

Uppland

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2014, 10:02:41 PM »

Yeah, "Short girls are the pickiest about height". Very nice of you to generalize all the short girls of being shallow. That's no disrespect at all. It's like saying all short guys are aggressive.

I think she'll get over it and so should you. It's only a big deal if we make it.

I don't think she should do the surgery, she's young and in a few years she might feel different. If not then maybe consider it but I would personally advice against it.

GeTs

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2014, 10:47:55 PM »

i can't believe u guys are buying this
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up