Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Throbbing and aching in tibias post-lengthening  (Read 1267 times)

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Throbbing and aching in tibias post-lengthening
« on: October 30, 2014, 11:13:26 PM »

My tibias have been throbbing for the last few days and they've been aching along with the portion of my hamstrings just above the posterior of the knee. It doesn't let up unless I take an ibuprofen but it starts again once I begin standing or walking. My thought is that it has to do with the stretching from the equnius contracture that I still have but I'm not completely sure. Has anyone else had a similar sensation while consolidating?
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Re: Throbbing and aching in tibias post-lengthening
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 12:10:19 AM »

Hey there. Where excactly do your tibias hurt? Do the muscles hurt or does it hurt where the new bone is growing?

About the knee and the hamstring pain you shouldn't worry, the half-wires can cause pain at that part of the knee. And the hamstring probably hurt because you are using them more then before I guess?

Does it also hurt while you're laying in bed and while sleeping? If it does then I would consider visiting a doctor but if not I would just observe it, if it doesn't get better after 2 weeks also go to a doc. But I guess this is normal, I also had brutal pain (but only in my right leg) for 3 weeks, my doc told me that there can be pain which isn't worrying just a normal reaction from your body, I mean you broke your bone and lengthened it, that can cause pain :D

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 03:58:43 AM »

Maybe it's your muscles starting to adjust to their new length now that they're no longer being actively stretched anymore.  The fact that ibuprofen helps means it's inflammation which probably means muscle growth.

TRS

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 04:32:24 AM »

I experienced 7/10 pain during the first week of consolidation around my knees and the region where you described. It was worse than most pain I experienced during distraction! I reckon it's an indication of bone and soft tissue healing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up