Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Is an athlete a good LL candidate?  (Read 24857 times)

Re: Is an athlete a good LL candidate?
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2014, 01:39:22 PM »

you are 6'0...You where a looser then and you sure is a looser now. No amount of lengthening your fkin legs is gonna fix that. don't reproduce and infect your child with your genetic & personality traits. Jikes!

Damm, you need some professional help...

Uppland

« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2014, 04:30:40 PM »

how tall are u?

I'm 178-179 but before you tell me I'm insane to want the surgery remember that is about 3 cm shorter than the average in northern europe never mind that almost everyone I know is taller than that. I've also wanted to be tall since I was a very small kid, admired my dad (187) and my uncle (195) which are both very successful. My childhood friends mostly grew to 180-185 as well.

Uppland

« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2014, 04:38:03 PM »

You completely ignored my question but whatever.

Thanks I appreciate it. 6'1" isn't a terrible height actually. It's not the height I dreamed of being when I was a teenage boy but honestly, it's far from getting comments from people. You may get to 6'4 one day.

When I was a 13 year old boy, I would think about being a 6'4" man because the docs said I would be about that height when I finished growing. I was a bit naive at that age because doctors really don't have any predictor to find out how tall your child will be when he/she finishes growing so I don't know why they'd say something like that in the first place. I would think about being that tall almost all the time up until my 18th bday where I was devastated that my pre-determined height would be only an inch above 6'0". I was extremely upset and broke down and cried, it was almost as bad as a mother losing a child that day and never seemed to got over it since. But thank God we have ll and I can become taller! :) can't wait too see my new height and life after wards because I believe this is my dream in life and once I have it, I will be satisfied with everything in my life and be the height I've always wanted to be!

I'll never be 6'4 and I'm rerally jealous of you that actually got a shot. I know how you feel though my dad is the only man under 190 in my family and I'm the only one under 180. I don't really have one number I'll be satisfied with I just want to be able to feel proud about myself, I'll know when I get there. If I make it to 185 I can't complain really that is a respectable height even in scandinavia.

GeTs

« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2014, 04:54:30 PM »

I'm 177 178, so I can't say  , just wanted to tell u to not go beyond 6cm

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2014, 06:39:36 PM »

I'm 178-179 but before you tell me I'm insane to want the surgery remember that is about 3 cm shorter than the average in northern europe never mind that almost everyone I know is taller than that. I've also wanted to be tall since I was a very small kid, admired my dad (187) and my uncle (195) which are both very successful. My childhood friends mostly grew to 180-185 as well.
you are not tall and 6'1 is ALPHA height so stop searching so much about LL and go with an expensive doctor like guichet. Or so some research and go for Tobias cheap. But at 5'10 3 inches on Tobias may make you have a significant knee height
Current height 5'8 Future height: 5'11 . 3 inch gain tibias in Russia.

Uppland

« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2014, 09:29:36 PM »

you are not tall and 6'1 is ALPHA height so stop searching so much about LL and go with an expensive doctor like guichet. Or so some research and go for Tobias cheap. But at 5'10 3 inches on Tobias may make you have a significant knee height

It's not an "alpha" height because it isn't tall where I live -it's average albeit high average. That said I mostly don't want to feel short so for that 6'1 would be fine. I'm not gonna increase 3 inches in one surgery I will do 4,5CM in femurs and see how I feel and If I think it's for the best I will add 3 cm in tibia.

What height are you aiming for and how do you plan to do it?

Uppland

« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2014, 09:33:00 PM »

wanted to know if its late night or morning height

I'm about 178,5 at night so 5'10,5 I guess. 179,5 in the morning (strong spine doesn't shrink much).

endomorphisme

« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2014, 09:35:50 PM »

6'1" is not alpha but you can become an alpha at 6'1".

GeTs

« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2014, 09:53:40 PM »

even at 6'0, just use something to gain 1 inch

Uppland

« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2014, 09:54:02 PM »

Yes also the greek population is shorter on average so whenever people think I have high standards it''s mostly because people are so tall where I live. Whatever height is tall depends on where you live: it's 188+ in northern europe, probably 185+ in north america and maybe something similar in south/central europe.

GeTs

« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2014, 10:14:02 PM »

Yes also the greek population is shorter on average so whenever people think I have high standards it''s mostly because people are so tall where I live. Whatever height is tall depends on where you live: it's 188+ in northern europe, probably 185+ in north america and maybe something similar in south/central europe.
180/183 in south/central europe

« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2014, 10:16:10 PM »

Your height assumption are completely wrong. 188+ in northern Europe? Are you kidding me? Something similar in south/central Europe? Dude, stop spreading nonsense. Average height in Sweden is pretty much the same average height where I live, so I know what I'm talking about. Stop lying. You are just an insecure young kid, who tries to find some reasons to do LL, because at your height LL is not needed, you won't even notice the jump from 177 to 182. Go out and enjoy life...

GeTs

« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2014, 10:27:27 PM »

Your height assumption are completely wrong. 188+ in northern Europe? Are you kidding me? Something similar in south/central Europe? Dude, stop spreading nonsense. Average height in Sweden is pretty much the same average height where I live, so I know what I'm talking about. Stop lying. You are just an insecure young kid, who tries to find some reasons to do LL, because at your height LL is not needed, you won't even notice the jump from 177 to 182. Go out and enjoy life...
that's where actually ll counts, u jump from average to tallish/tall

« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2014, 10:37:46 PM »

that's where actually ll counts, u jump from average to tallish/tall

Ah, so you think people will see a difference?

The guy on the left 182cm, the guy on the right 177cm. If you want to suffer 1+ year for that, go ahead. I just don't recommend it, and btw you are considered tall at around 185cm.

Uppland

« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2014, 10:55:33 PM »

Eh, maybe I should have mentioned I go after the absolutely highest statistics (young men) because that's the group I identify with. Average is about 181CM and I think you should be about 7CM above average to be considered tall. Most young people are 180-185 alot of men are 185-190, sure most are shorter than that but not by much and it's still a sizable chunk of the population above 185CM.

178-185= very average. Below 175=short. Above 188=tall. Of course this is all speculations based on observations. Frankly I think my own experience is more important than some abstract number. If I still feel short, what does it matter if I'm technically above average by a centimeter or two?

No need to get hostile mate but thanks for the psychoanalysis.

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2014, 11:14:13 PM »

Eh, maybe I should have mentioned I go after the absolutely highest statistics (young men) because that's the group I identify with. Average is about 181CM and I think you should be about 7CM above average to be considered tall. Most young people are 180-185 alot of men are 185-190, sure most are shorter than that but not by much and it's still a sizable chunk of the population above 185CM.

178-185= very average. Below 175=short. Above 188=tall. Of course this is all speculations based on observations. Frankly I think my own experience is more important than some abstract number. If I still feel short, what does it matter if I'm technically above average by a centimeter or two?

185cm to me is above average but I agree. Tall is 6'2" and above. Can't wait to be in the 6'3+ club!
Starting height: 185.5cms Goal/ dream height:190-193cms!
Sitting height:94 cms Arm Length: 86.5 cms 
Leg length:104 cms Arm Span:191 cms
Tibia: 48 cms Femurs:55cms

« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2014, 11:15:52 PM »

There are a also some people who think they are too fat at 40kg or there are some people who think the CIA is chasing after them, doesn't mean they're right. Also you are only focussing on tall people, I know because I had the same "phase", focus on the short people and you will se the world differently. But don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash on you. I want to help you, you can't even imagine how hard LL is, it's torture. Especially external tibia and that's probably what you have to go for because internal femurs is way too expensive for you. But go ahead, do it, but trust me, it's not going to be worth it. You go (I'm quoting you) from very average to very average and for what? But maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.

This just my advice, do whatever you want with that. Just wanted to let you know that LL is really really really painful, but no one will tell you that because all want to seem tough

I hope you will find your happiness...

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2014, 11:35:34 PM »

There are a also some people who think they are too fat at 40kg or there are some people who think the CIA is chasing after them, doesn't mean they're right. Also you are only focussing on tall people, I know because I had the same "phase", focus on the short people and you will se the world differently. But don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash on you. I want to help you, you can't even imagine how hard LL is, it's torture. Especially external tibia and that's probably what you have to go for because internal femurs is way too expensive for you. But go ahead, do it, but trust me, it's not going to be worth it. You go (I'm quoting you) from very average to very average and for what? But maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.

This just my advice, do whatever you want with that. Just wanted to let you know that LL is really really really painful, but no one will tell you that because all want to seem tough

I hope you will find your happiness...

Whatever the pain is, it can't nearly be as painful as yearning to be 6'4" from all these years knowing you won't get there w/o ll. I know theres a light at the end of this tunnel and my life will be so much better afterwards!

Uppland

« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2014, 11:39:38 PM »

Yes well I have no doubt that it will be painful but I'm more concerned with how my body will recover. I wish I didn't have to do the surgery but unfortunately I feel like I do in order to feel good about myself -height neurosis I know, definitely got that. Pain is a problem I haven't got much tolerance for that but at least it's temporary (I hope).

I oversimplified earlier I'm shortish right now but at 185 I will be close to tall so i think it'll be a big jump acually. Yeah everyone does focus on tall people isn't that sort of the point? Have noticed plenty of people my height and shorter lately though so you're not wrong.
I try to not have any illusions about the surgery, have you done it? If so are you happy with your choise?

« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2014, 11:41:32 PM »

Whatever the pain is, it can't nearly be as painful as yearning to be 6'4" from all these years knowing you won't get there w/o ll. I know theres a light at the end of this tunnel and my life will be so much better afterwards!

Sorry I just don't get you, you can't be real, you have to be a troll or mentally handicapped.

So stop trolling.

« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2014, 11:42:06 PM »

Yes well I have no doubt that it will be painful but I'm more concerned with how my body will recover. I wish I didn't have to do the surgery but unfortunately I feel like I do in order to feel good about myself -height neurosis I know, definitely got that. Pain is a problem I haven't got much tolerance for that but at least it's temporary (I hope).

I oversimplified earlier I'm shortish right now but at 185 I will be close to tall so i think it'll be a big jump acually. Yeah everyone does focus on tall people isn't that sort of the point? Have noticed plenty of people my height and shorter lately though so you're not wrong.
I try to not have any illusions about the surgery, have you done it? If so are you happy with your choise?

Good luck then.

Uppland

« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2014, 11:42:21 PM »

Are you sure you won't just aim for 6'3? 190-195 is perfection in my book those extra 3CM isn't really worth the worsened recovery and less normal proportions are they?

endomorphisme

« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2014, 11:46:08 PM »

Ajax2thousand20 what is your level education?Where do you live?

Uppland

« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2014, 11:50:17 PM »

Self taught lvl over 9000?

Land of the gentle giants?

Jokes aside if he feels he'd be happier if he did the surgery who are we to say otherwise? @Ajaxthousand20 Just make sure you read up on what is involved and stay safe, choose the right doctor and follow his advice.

endomorphisme

« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2014, 11:59:45 PM »

no, he is just trolling, he just want to draw attention, to make jealous the short guys and He can't help bellitling them by  implying he will be superior after limb lenghtening.
So i'm asking his level education, to see whether he could atleast afford the surgery, otherwise he just came here for trolling

ReadRothbard

« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2014, 12:26:40 AM »

Look, I would highly, highly recommend going to counseling before doing ll to root out the possibility of deeper psychological problems. LL doctors will do that, anyways, but I still think you should do it.

Only after you've been exhaustively-proven to be of normal mental-health should you even consider ll.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2014, 12:33:52 AM »

I live in an undisclosed place in the south SF Bay Area CA. I didn't graduate from college but gonna apply for an internship next year and getting an AA in audio engineering.

no, he is just trolling, he just want to draw attention, to make jealous the short guys and He can't help bellitling them by  implying he will be superior after limb lenghtening.
So i'm asking his level education, to see whether he could atleast afford the surgery, otherwise he just came here for trolling

I make 20-25k per year at my job. Gonna do a consultation with Salameh next year when I've paid off my credit card debt and if all goes well. I'll lengthen in 2016. And ps I'm jealous of guys 6'2" +. I think everyone around my height is and if not are in denial.

Sorry I just don't get you, you can't be real, you have to be a troll or mentally handicapped.

So stop trolling.

Believe me if I was a troll Id be the shortest guy on this board! Lol JP. I initially wanted to know the best doctor for a 1" gain but people went " your a troll blah blah blah" so I'm ok this board to share my thoughts and roger info on ll. I may be a troll but at least I'm talking about why I'm so unhappy in my life instead of pretending it's somethine else.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2014, 12:38:36 AM »

I can't tell whether or not Ajax is doing this for a laugh.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2014, 12:44:28 AM »

Are you sure you won't just aim for 6'3? 190-195 is perfection in my book those extra 3CM isn't really worth the worsened recovery and less normal proportions are they?

I am human and even though I do want this more than anything I have to be careful because even the thing we want most could cost us in many ways so I'm gonna aim for 5cms.

Uppland

« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2014, 01:27:51 AM »

I can't tell whether or not Ajax is doing this for a laugh.

I think he's legit. People see these 5'10+ people on the forum and call us crazy because we're average or even above. What I think can be easy to forget is that the average height is very mathematical. For example 185+184+173+192+169=903. 903/5=180,6

Of those five; 3 people are taller than average so you can see how an average person might still feel short because most people are still taller than him. I think it's like that where I live: the average is 181 for young people but most young guys I see are are around 184 +- a couple of CM.

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2014, 01:30:39 AM »

I think he's legit. People see these 5'10+ people on the forum and call us crazy because we're average or even above. What I think can be easy to forget is that the average height is very mathematical. For example 185+184+173+192+169=903. 903/5=180,6

Of those five; 3 people are taller than average so you can see how an average person might still feel short because most people are still taller than him. I think it's like that where I live: the average is 181 for young people but most young guys I see are are around 184 +- a couple of CM.

Yeah I agree bro. Especially if your a caucasian male. It's extremely common to see men who are 6'0-6'2" so think of how many times you'd be towered if you were 5'10" or 5'11". Very few of my 6'0" friends weren't satisfied with their height so they just starting saying they were 6'1".
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up