Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: External monorail femurs! The truth?!  (Read 4799 times)

Greek-Semidget

External monorail femurs! The truth?!
« on: October 23, 2014, 12:33:37 PM »

I want to know if its possible to do monorails for an amount of 4-6cm without destroying yourself as everyone claims. I WOULD HAVE DONE TIBIAS, but my ratio is 0.88 now.. And after femurs at 5-6 it will be close to 0.8 the average. Please tell me, and suggest me any doctor, thank you.
Current height 5'8 Future height: 5'11 . 3 inch gain tibias in Russia.

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

Re: External monorail femurs! The truth?!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 12:50:46 PM »

this is a quote from my doctor.

and he is a professional.

7 cm is too long for femur and there is big possibility for complications. 4.5-5cm should be maximum.

you can get external BUT you have to accept that this is the maximum.

the cheaper cost is weighed by the fact you cant get as many cm.

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 01:03:42 PM »

this is a quote from my doctor.

and he is a professional.

you can get external BUT you have to accept that this is the maximum.

the cheaper cost is weighed by the fact you cant get as many cm.
Its ok I will stick with 5-6, 10 days of lengthening won't matter so much, any doctor to recommend?

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 01:05:11 PM »

if you are very much above average in flexibility you could go to 5 and then squeeze out to 6.

but if you are average this is the safe zone.

5cm on femur and 6cm on tibia would mean that people can still do 11cm and have close to no risks. the advantage is price as both femur and tibia are external.

Taller

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 01:06:33 PM »

Dr. Inan is very reputable and can do the surgery in Turkey, a first world country close to Greece, for only $22,000 USD for LON monorail femurs.

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 01:09:40 PM »

Its ok I will stick with 5-6, 10 days of lengthening won't matter so much, any doctor to recommend?

femur external is not like tibia external, it gets exponentially more dangerous as you lengthen compared to tibia. don't assume that 1 cm extra is nothing. external femur is not a joke. it is very serious business.

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 01:13:28 PM »

femur external is not like tibia external, it gets exponentially more dangerous as you lengthen compared to tibia. don't assume that 1 cm extra is nothing. external femur is not a joke. it is very serious business.
I know man I will lengthen my own bodyparts so I will listen to my body!

Taller

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 01:13:54 PM »

The nice thing about external femurs is that they consolidate faster than tibiae and that you can safely do LON if you want weight bearing immediately after lengthening, which should help you regain lost ROM.

LON simply isn't a safe option for external tibiae due to the high chance of permanent knee pain, but it seems like a great option for external femur lengthening.

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 01:24:56 PM »

The nice thing about external femurs is that they consolidate faster than tibiae and that you can safely do LON if you want weight bearing immediately after lengthening, which should help you regain lost ROM.

LON simply isn't a safe option for external tibiae due to the high chance of permanent knee pain, but it seems like a great option for external femur lengthening.

yes. in fact that seems to be the best plan. (due to best and safest tibia method being full external, and best and safest femur method being LON.) (the longer time in frames with no LON can be detrimental.)

is to do full external tibia, and then while frames are still on the tibia you do LON external femur monorail.

this means you can do 2 surgeries (back to back) in the space of hopefully 7 months. I will find out the exact time it will take a bit later.

this means that it is safe, takes far less time, and cost a hell of a lot less.

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 01:28:05 PM »

yes. in fact that seems to be the best plan. (due to best and safest tibia method being full external, and best and safest femur method being LON.) (the longer time in frames with no LON can be detrimental.)

is to do full external tibia, and then while frames are still on the tibia you do LON external femur monorail.

this means you can do 2 surgeries (back to back) in the space of hopefully 7 months. I will find out the exact time it will take a bit later.

this means that it is safe, takes far less time, and cost a hell of a lot less.
Anyone who knows about monorail doctors in India? Good ones like dr parihar.

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 01:46:08 PM »

I know man I will lengthen my own bodyparts so I will listen to my body!

I don't think it works that way.

my understanding is that when you lengthen tibia you can instantly assess the ballerina issue by seeing if your heels are able to touch the ground.

but with femur you are suppose to loose range of motion during lengthening which wont come back until after the lengthening. if you over lengthen you wont be able to know until you have knee contracture and range of motion does not return.

I admit I wont be able to truly know this answer until I do my surgery. but this is how I understand it.

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 02:31:48 PM »

I don't think it works that way.

my understanding is that when you lengthen tibia you can instantly assess the ballerina issue by seeing if your heels are able to touch the ground.

but with femur you are suppose to loose range of motion during lengthening which wont come back until after the lengthening. if you over lengthen you wont be able to know until you have knee contracture and range of motion does not return.

I admit I wont be able to truly know this answer until I do my surgery. but this is how I understand it.
LL will be sth I will do in many years from now...my height doesn't bother me so much now...i want to educate myself first and do a hair transplant cause even if I am 16 and have full hair my hair alike my dads are thinning and will become baldness.

Moubgf

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 06:35:52 PM »

LL will be sth I will do in many years from now...my height doesn't bother me so much now...i want to educate myself first and do a hair transplant cause even if I am 16 and have full hair my hair alike my dads are thinning and will become baldness.

16 and already aware of height disadvantage? wtf. go out get chicks bro they dont care about height....yet.

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 06:39:02 PM »

16 and already aware of height disadvantage? wtf. go out get chicks bro they dont care about height....yet.

+1

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 07:50:15 PM »

+1
I get many chicks I had also a relationship for 1.3 years and I am studying as much as I can, I know about LL for more than a year. I just want to be with my girlfriend again together now, and study hard, but LL is always in my mind, and it helped me overcome my height disphoria, because I know if anytime o feel so bad about my hate I can alter it surgicaly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up