Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any news on the future of LL?  (Read 1534 times)

Moose

Any news on the future of LL?
« on: October 19, 2014, 02:28:30 AM »

so is there any news on the future of LL? stem cells/cheaper costs/new external methods?? I want to do LL in about no more than 2 years do you think anything will change during that time span?
Mod Note: Currently Banned for violating rules

Taller

Re: Any news on the future of LL?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 02:42:06 AM »

Personally, I doubt it. There may be new facilities for better prices, such as the one Dr. Paley plans to open in Mexico, and LL may be slightly more mainstream and commercialized, but the methods used likely won't change at all.

It would be very nice to see LATP become more prevalent and leave fewer scars though. Stem cell injections to speed up consolidation would also be nice, but these are rather pricey at the moment.

shortkid

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 02:45:33 AM »

What is LATP?

programdude

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 02:46:31 AM »

The information I'm aware of is Paley trying to open a clinic in mexico for cheaper prices and the precice 3 being in development.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

Taller

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 03:19:55 AM »

What is LATP?

Lengthening and then plating. It allows you to bear weight soon after lengthening and doesn't carry the risk of inducing permanent knee pain that LATN and LON do on the tibiae.there are LATP methods that scar a lot and newer methods that scar very, very little. This is what Disobidient got. I wish it was more widely available though.

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 10:13:52 AM »

I don't know if stem cells will ever be able to un fuse growth plates. 

I think the only thing people could hope for would be if they had artificially constructed genes injected into them that stop the body's natural genes which cause your growth plates to fuse. (this is all theoretical and hypothetical)
Pages: [1]   Go Up