Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 8 cm in femurs and disproportion  (Read 11456 times)

KrP1

8 cm in femurs and disproportion
« on: October 09, 2014, 02:33:55 PM »

For those who have done their femurs for +7cm. How does your femurs proportion look? Can you post a photo without face? Is your walking normal with  that extra cm in your femurs? How about recovery? Thanks

programdude

Re: 8 cm in femurs and disproportion
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 02:38:27 PM »

Not gonna post pics and can't comment on recovery, but as for proportions it improved my proportions due to wingspan.

I have seen a few people who have done around 7 and also look very proportionate.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

KrP1

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 03:06:37 PM »

Does the proportion  between tibia and femurs look weird or is ok?

programdude

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 03:10:56 PM »

I think it looks perfect, and with shorts on even a proportion nazi wouldn't notice anything.
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 10:16:36 PM »

programdude,

Are there any tibia patients there currently, and what do you think of their proportions? Do you think femurs are more easy to appear proportionate?
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

programdude

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 10:26:42 PM »

Yes, femurs are a lot better in my opinion. First being that they are supposed to be long, and many people naturally have long ones. Also, long tibia(8 cm lengthened or so) will be obvious except in pants, femurs are obscured by shorts mostly.

I've met several tibia lengtheners, but they all have done 1.5-2 inches for the very reason of it not holding up well in terms of proportions as opposed to femurs. That being said they all look excellent, but in every single case, other than one patient of sarins who's here to be fixed, is the persons second operation.

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2014, 08:41:57 AM »

This question is pointless as everyone is different, how long is a piece of string?

We all have different starting proportions and what may look normal or proportionate on someone who just did 8cms on his/her femurs may look completely disproportionate for you

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2014, 11:29:33 AM »

I think the person who originally asked this question honestly wants to see pictures of people who lengthened femurs. :) I would like to see such pictures also.

:)

KrP1

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2014, 12:06:39 PM »

I think the person who originally asked this question honestly wants to see pictures of people who lengthened femurs. :) I would like to see such pictures also.

:)

Yeah. It will be great to see some pictures

kunta kinte

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2014, 02:28:15 PM »

Longer tibias look much better in my opinion, but one has to be careful, as if you go crazy with tibia lengthening or if you have long tibias in the first place you can end up look off.

Morgenst.

Re: 8 cm in femurs and disproportional
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2014, 03:44:21 PM »

Longer tibias look much better in my opinion, but one has to be careful, as if you go crazy with tibia lengthening or if you have long tibias in the first place you can end up look off.
.  100% agree with this. When you do femurs and they're already normal length or a bit bigger than your tibias they look twice as long than they are because in clothes no matter what your ass is gonna make them look longer making the tibias look unnaturally small. Take that into account.

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2014, 07:15:09 PM »

to be honest.

this whole proportion debate over the years has lead me to 1 conclusion.

whatever amount you lengthen for tibia, you should lengthen for femur also.

I honestly have come to the conclusion that you should always get 2 surgeries.

this way biomechanics don't change, and proportions will never be in the back of your mind like a splinter when you take your clothes off like at the beach.

ov course I also believe you should get eternal for both femur and tibia due to costs.

coppkillr

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2014, 10:08:38 PM »

What ratio is tolerable 0,7 to 0,9 i would think so far is Not visible. So 5cm would be fine on one segment.
banned for blatantly lying that "pro betz diaries are deleted and Blocked often."    wrong,  Pro-Betz diaries are not deleted or blocked here, ever.

Moubgf

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2014, 07:09:41 PM »

Hah! Nazi scouters thats faken fanny

Taller

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2014, 07:13:21 PM »

I have seen a few people who have done around 7 and also look very proportionate.

Do the people who you've seen go 6.5+ typically look proportionate or disproportionate to you? Is your post-LL proportionality pretty typical or an exception to the norm?

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2014, 07:18:59 PM »

Hah! Nazi scouters thats faken fanny

slim tim are you feeling alright? your acting very strange all of a sudden in multiple threads.

endomorphisme

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2014, 08:41:28 PM »

do you think 3 to 6 cm on your femus will change biomechanics?
Long femurs is normal for human, but tibial as long as femus, it does not exist or it's very rare.
Sweden and polycrates have coordination problems, but i wonder wether they would have issues if they did 4 cm like wannabegiant, polycrate said he should not have exceeded 4 cm, now he has to do a second surgery to resume a good biomechanics
I'm not sure doing two surgeries is the best solution, assuming you only want to increae your height by a small amount.

Uppland

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 05:57:26 AM »

I doubt it directly applies but I wear running shoes that makes me roughly 3 cm taller below the knees and, for whatever it's worth, I have never noticed any mechanical issues.

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 02:17:43 PM »

do you think 3 to 6 cm on your femus will change biomechanics?
Long femurs is normal for human, but tibial as long as femus, it does not exist or it's very rare.
Sweden and polycrates have coordination problems, but i wonder wether they would have issues if they did 4 cm like wannabegiant, polycrate said he should not have exceeded 4 cm, now he has to do a second surgery to resume a good biomechanics
I'm not sure doing two surgeries is the best solution, assuming you only want to increae your height by a small amount.

Long tibias are not "very rare" or "non existing"
I've got longer tibias than femurs, As far as biomechanics go tibia>femur, And IMO it looks much better.
Here is some info i found.

Just recently there was this debate on a health and fitness forum about barbell squats.  In particular, femur length and squats.  The actual issue was the ratio of the lengths of the tibia and femur and whether this made squatting difficult for people who have relatively long femurs.  (Of course, the concept of “relatively long” was missed, and replies like “I know this guy who’s 6’5″ and he can do ass to grass squats without any difficulty, so everyone else is just making excuses” followed.  So it had to be pointed out that the same problem can be expressed in terms of having a relatively short tibia compared to the femur.)  I have known since university that neanderthals had a relatively long femur compared to the length of the tibia, but it’s hard to tell and journal articles post ratios of actual bone lengths and you can’t very easily measure your own bones while you are still alive.

In any case, it made me do some research and I found amongst other things this article and apparently yes, having a relatively long femur compared to you tibia does indeed give you a significant mechanical disadvantage for squatting in a normal stance.  This is rectified by taking a wider stance, so that the torso (and centre of gravity) goes between the feet, rather than trying to keep your centre of gravity over the feet, which is not physically possible if you have a short shin plus a long femur, because your centre of gravity is further back and you either fall backwards, or you have to lean so far forward to stay balanced when your legs are horizontal to the ground, that a) you can’t physically get any lower because your torso and quadriceps can’t occupy the same space at the same time and b) if you try that with a barbell on your back you’ll do your lower back in.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 04:00:42 PM by 680 »
Height: 177cm / Wingspan: 193cm
Sitting height: 94-95cm / current SHR: 53.7% /
Hand length: 21.5cm / Handbreadth: 10cm
Arm lenght (middle finger to acromion bone) : 85cm   | Ground to crotch: 85cm | Inseam: 80cm
Tibia:43cm / Femur:42

Moubgf

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2014, 02:45:50 PM »

Long tibias are not "very rare" or "non existing"
I've got longer tibias than femurs, As far as biomechanics go tibia>femur, And IMO it looks much better.
Here is some info i found.

Just recently there was this debate on a health and fitness forum about barbell squats.  In particular, femur length and squats.  The actual issue was the ratio of the lengths of the tibia and femur and whether this made squatting difficult for people who have relatively long femurs.  (Of course, the concept of “relatively long” was missed, and replies like “I know this guy who’s 6’5″ and he can do ass to grass squats without any difficulty, so everyone else is just making excuses” followed.  So it had to be pointed out that the same problem can be expressed in terms of having a relatively short tibia compared to the femur.)  I have known since university that neanderthals had a relatively long femur compared to the length of the tibia, and also that I seem to as well, but it’s hard to tell and journal articles post ratios of actual bone lengths and you can’t very easily measure your own bones while you are still alive.

In any case, it made me do some research and I found amongst other things this article and apparently yes, having a relatively long femur compared to you tibia does indeed give you a significant mechanical disadvantage for squatting in a normal stance.  This is rectified by taking a wider stance, so that the torso (and centre of gravity) goes between the feet, rather than trying to keep your centre of gravity over the feet, which is not physically possible if you have a short shin plus a long femur, because your centre of gravity is further back and you either fall backwards, or you have to lean so far forward to stay balanced when your legs are horizontal to the ground, that a) you can’t physically get any lower because your torso and quadriceps can’t occupy the same space at the same time and b) if you try that with a barbell on your back you’ll do your lower back in.

Thats me. I cant squat for the life of me with some bar on my back i fall over and it all feels wrong and not stable and grounded like i guess taller people.

My legs are starting to look really really short to me. Almost kid like. Gonna stretch the   out of my legs 8 cm minimum.

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2014, 10:36:54 PM »

My legs are starting to look really really short to me. Almost kid like. Gonna stretch the s**t out of my legs 8 cm minimum

people make up the weirdest lies and excuses to try and persuade themselves why they NEED TO GET massive amounts of lengthening.

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2014, 11:01:58 PM »

people make up the weirdest lies and excuses to try and persuade themselves why they NEED TO GET massive amounts of lengthening.

Height: 177cm / Wingspan: 193cm
Sitting height: 94-95cm / current SHR: 53.7% /
Hand length: 21.5cm / Handbreadth: 10cm
Arm lenght (middle finger to acromion bone) : 85cm   | Ground to crotch: 85cm | Inseam: 80cm
Tibia:43cm / Femur:42

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2014, 12:38:57 AM »

Thats me. I cant squat for the life of me with some bar on my back i fall over and it all feels wrong and not stable and grounded like i guess taller people.

My legs are starting to look really really short to me. Almost kid like. Gonna stretch the s**t out of my legs 8 cm minimum.

I understand now! how could I be so stupid.

I found a video by the way of all these people who seriously need to get the s**t lengthened out of their tibia.

if only they were taller then they would not have this problem. im sure you can relate to them :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dbvr7LL ForumMo

Taller

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2014, 05:37:34 AM »

I thought I'd ask this question to anyone who has met several femur lengtheners in person:

Do the people who you've seen go 6.5+ typically look proportionate or disproportionate to you? Is post-LL proportionality after 7CM pretty typical or an exception to the norm?
Pages: [1]   Go Up