Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

standing on anything (ie. step, weight plate's, solid box) keeping your leg's straight. how far can you reach down in front of you.

i can touch my toes with my fingers. (standing on nothing)
- 9 (40.9%)
(fingers touch ground) standing on 2.5 cm elevation.
- 3 (13.6%)
(fingers touch ground) standing on 5 cm elevation.
- 5 (22.7%)
(fingers touch ground) standing on 7.5 cm elevation.
- 1 (4.5%)
(fingers touch ground) standing on 10 cm elevation.
- 4 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HOW flexible are you!  (Read 3978 times)

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

HOW flexible are you!
« on: October 06, 2014, 03:13:52 PM »

question:
standing on anything (ie. step, weight plate's, solid box) keeping your leg's straight. how far can you reach down in front of you.

basically I was curious on how flexible everyone is before they do LL.

I can stand on 12 cm of weight plates and touch the palms of my hands on the ground which is 12 cm's below the bottom of my feet. (while keeping my legs straight).

is this normal?

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
Re: HOW flexible are you!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 12:13:56 AM »

Yeah, it's normal. I can still reach and touch my palms to the floor easily after 6cm. I could probably reach 10cm below if I stood on a box, but i haven't ventured to try. My arm span is 185cm though. This type of flexibility doesn't really matter for LL (at least tibial LL), because you're just as liable to get ballerina regardless of it. If you can dorsiflex your ankles more than 20 degrees, then you are in good standing.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

programdude

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 12:33:50 AM »

I could touch the floor easily before LL. I am still lengthening and therefore tight, but I can just touch my toes seated now. If you can at least touch the floor and aren't insanely tight you will do ok with LL I believe(I stretched only for the month before, and not intensely).

I know someone here who was very tight before LL and did no stretches and is therefore having a horrible time in PT.. And he has yet to reach the mid point which I personally found the worst.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 10:02:47 AM »

I know someone here who was very tight before LL and did no stretches and is therefore having a horrible time in PT.. And he has yet to reach the mid point which I personally found the worst.

That sounds too much like me, I better start stretching soon lol

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 09:02:11 PM »

I'm at about 6cm on this test.  It's pretty amazing how the body adapts after LL.  No way could I have done 13.5 before LL.

YellowSpike

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 02:20:24 PM »

I'm at about 12cm I believe. I stacked up a bunch of books (I think totalled to around 5 inches or so off the ground), stood on them, and was still able to touch the floor pretty easily with my fingers. I'm also able to touch the floor with my palms with my legs straight. And I have no problems stretching my legs over my head (keeping the other leg straight) and lift my legs to my butt (when on my stomach). I will say that putting my palms on the floor (while standing on nothing) is a tad of a challenge sometimes, but not too bad or painful. I'm going to start trying to touch my palms to the ground while standing on things too.

I hope I make Dr. Guichet proud. I really want to just start the surgery and not have to do any pre-training. At 167cm and like 170lbs of (mostly) muscle, how much else does he want! I'll look like a pitbull if I put on anymore muscle!  :o

Overdozer

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 03:01:02 PM »

I'm at about -20, lol.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

YellowSpike

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 03:06:38 PM »

I'm at about -20, lol.

:o With palms or fingers touching the floor???

Damn, I need to get on your level, especially since Guichet is a drill sargeant with this stuff!!!

Overdozer

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 03:08:08 PM »

Damn, I need to get on your level
Rofl. It's a minus, dude. Minus 20 cm.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

YellowSpike

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 03:14:00 PM »

Rofl. It's a minus, dude. Minus 20 cm.

Hahaha!!! I mean, there ARE people out there who are super-flexible. Granted, they're usually a member of the local circus/Cirque du Soleil, but they exist! And I'm sure they'd all breeze through LL lol

AimHigh

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2014, 12:28:29 AM »

I have a 92 cm sitting height, but am only 170cm tall, and have a 176 cm armspan (with slightly narrow shoulders).
Consequently I can reach the floor standing on a 27 cm block (48 Y.Old) - but I don't consider my self to be super flexible (eg cant do full front or splits).
This toe reach "Flexibility check" may be more a measure of Leg length vs Torso/Arm length.
2016 5.3 cm RFem. Fitbone, 2019 8cm LFem. Precice 2.2, 2022 2.9 cm Rfem Precice 2.2

programdude

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2014, 12:42:48 AM »

My recommendation is to do hot yoga or go in your gyms sauna and do some basic stretches. The latter is all I did for the month before LL only and I will achieve 8 CM in the next few days, while only being tight towards the middle of the process.
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

YellowSpike

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2014, 12:48:45 AM »

My recommendation is to do hot yoga or go in your gyms sauna and do some basic stretches. The latter is all I did for the month before LL only and I will achieve 8 CM in the next few days, while only being tight towards the middle of the process.

Good stuff. I'm shooting for as close to 3 inches as possible.

What stretch(es) would you is (are) are good litmus test for overall flexibility? I think I'm pretty flexible overall (despite being very naturally muscular), so I'm hoping I won't need to do a lot of pre-training for Guichet.

programdude

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2014, 01:11:30 AM »

Dr. G is famously brutal but I can't speak from first hand experience what would prepare you for him. But having gotten 3 inches without significant tightness I can say hopping in the sauna, touching your palms to the ground, doing a "pushup" with your legs flat to the ground to work your hip flexors, kneeling, then going all the way back with your tibia still flat- those are some good ones I was doing.

As Paley says, stretching before doesn't help that much since you stretch and then get tight again. But it is good since it gets you in the habit of it, and if you are really tight you will keep some progress.

If you are really inflexible you will have a pretty bad time though from what I've seen from the people with trouble muscle groups to begin with.

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2014, 10:04:09 AM »

Hi programdude, the people that you speak of who were/are inflexible, how many cms did most of them get to?
Do you think an inflexible person could get to 8cms or will it be one hell of a struggle?

programdude

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2014, 12:57:41 PM »

LL is one of a hell of a struggle no matter what. You'd just better have a decent pain threshold when it comes to PT.

One person didn't get an IT release and stopped at 5 but could have gotten 6. Of the people who didn't get releases they are still lengthening but will make it to the end Im sure since they have people here to help them. The tightest person is getting close to 4 cm and doing ok.

PrettyTall

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2014, 01:54:54 PM »

I just tried the 10cm and my fingers could touch the ground easally
Pages: [1]   Go Up